Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Gangsters Paradise is on Page 380)

1 minute ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Ratchet and Clank PS4 was alot more well received than the movie, so I think a Sonic Movie + tie-in game would work good for the series.

Wasn't both the game and movie based after the first original game? So that wasn't quite a movie game.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Not really.

We know next to nothing about this movie, so there is zero reasons to hope for something like that.

We don't know a lot but we do know gives me faith that this will be an awsome movie.

Anyway, having just seen Pacific Rim Uprising, I hope Sonic has a similar tone and atmosphere. There should be a lot of badass Sonic moments in the movie 

10 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Wasn't both the game and movie based after the first original game? So that wasn't quite a movie game.

Yes they were. But, my point was that Ratchet & Clank PS4 ( a game based on a movie, based on a game series), and games of that sort are not always terrible and R&C PS4 proved that.

26 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Yes they were. But, my point was that Ratchet & Clank PS4 ( a game based on a movie, based on a game series), and games of that sort are not always terrible and R&C PS4 proved that.

... No it didn't? the game was a remake of a old game. It wasn't just a movie game.

Besides a single exception wouldn't really prove much of anything. Normally movie games are awful, and I did say normally and not "always." Also it's a bit much to expect SEGA to do a good job at a Sonic movie game with their track record.

So, when one person asked one of the Sonic Movie Writers about the movie tie in game rumor, the writer hope that it is true.:

He also asked the writer if they know if there is a tie in movie game that could existed would be based on the movie plot. He respond with this.:

Oh, anyway, this is kinda unrelated, I sent a tweet about my picture, he loved the drawing. I also tell him that I drew this just to envision of how the Sonic Movie could look like.

On 3/23/2018 at 6:17 AM, CaptainRobo said:

So, since we still don’t know much about the plot of the movie, I decided to envision of how the Sonic Movie could like. It’s fun and creative to imagine stuff. So, I drew this picture. B2213D05-5D45-4F29-9EC2-7C1DA2AD64CB.thumb.jpeg.931f76a83ab42673a521f547e4f90acd.jpeg

I hope Sonic the Hedgehog eats a chili dog at Sonic Drive-In in this movie now.

Made another envision of the movie, this time with more characters.

battle_of_station_square_by_kitsuoi-dc72huc.thumb.jpg.7569ff76af71fae3c8b9f602ac5e064a.jpg

So, anyway, there was this guy who goes with the name Atlanta Filming on Twitter. He say that he had dropped hints about Sonic one day, which he is referring to the movie filming in Atlanta.

I don't know, but this guy usually report news about movies filming in Atlanta. He seem to be an accurate source for that. 

So, anybody in Atlanta wants to be an extra for the movie?

10 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

So Eggman will be CGI or what?

And the humans will be real right?

Don't know

Well.. it's not live action so they can just stick CGI humans and animals onto a live-action set

So in simple words:

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, CGI Humans, CGI environments.

OR

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, CGI Humans, Real environments.

OR

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, Real Humans, Real environments... ??

ETC

Which one?

11 hours ago, Razule said:

Don't know

Well.. it's not live action so they can just stick CGI humans and animals onto a live-action set

Most likely they will just put real people in the set, while Sonic and his friends will probably be CGI. I mean the movie filming in Atlanta this summer, which means that this is confirmed that they are still moving with the Live Action/CGI hybrid part. The movie is most likely set in a city setting, most likely Station Square. They will probably get hundreds of extras to play as civilians there.

https://omegaunderground.com/2018/03/04/sonic-hedgehog-cgi-live-action-hybrid-movie-sprinting-towards-july-start-atlanta/

11 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

So in simple words:

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, CGI Humans, CGI environments.

OR

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, CGI Humans, Real environments.

OR

-CGI Sonic, CGI Eggman, Real Humans, Real environments... ??

ETC

Which one?

Well, I'm not sure if Eggman will be CGI like Sonic and his friends. If they try to make him have a realistic appearance, (sigh) he might have something similar like this.:

SonicNext_Eggman_Mustache_2006-04-04.jpg

I guess we will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Sonic Movie now reportedly shooting in Vancouver. Not an April fool’s joke, apparently.
https://omegaunderground.com/2018/04/01/update-sonic-the-hedgehog-moves-filming-to-vancouver-lands-start-date/ 

So, they moved the filming from Atlanta to Vancouver, and the reason was that Atlanta was a busy production space. Well, anyway, Vancouver is also another cheap location that was used for filming like Godzilla and Planet of the Apes reboot movies. Heck, even Deadpool and its sequel were filmed there. That place is also popular for filming TV shows like Psych, The Flash, Supergirl, and Arrow.

My apologies for double posting, but I want to show another picture that I draw just to imagine what would the action in the movie would look like.

sonic_streets_by_kitsuoi-dc81cza.jpg

Also, might be a bit off-topic, but, some of the X-Men movies like X-2 were also filmed there. I'm was a bit surprised that they move locations, but I was not surprised that they choose Vancouver to filmed the movie, since a lot of movies are filmed there these days. I guess the tax is cheaper than Atlanta.

So, while I was looking over the internet, I somehow found this. According to this LA Times article about the Paramount Pictures CEO it say this:

Gianopulos bought the Sega video game adaptation after seeing early footage that previewed the film's tone and humor. 

There is no way that he had seen footage unless the footage he had seeing is animated. They haven't started filming yet. So, yea, it must have been animated footage that he had saw.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-jim-gianopulos-paramount-20180424-story.html