Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

MARCH 6 MOD EDIT READ THE DAMN RULES BEFORE POSTING:

1. No image macros. There's the statuses for that. Don't clog up the thread with this crap. Any posts with macros that take up a noticeable portion of a post's reason for being made will be deleted.

2. No fanboyism. We don't care if you're excited for the movie and want to piss on other fans with your passive-aggressive 'positivity,' nor do we care if you hate it and want to describe everything wrong with people supporting Sonic Forces this movie. You're free to express your opinion and civilly disagree with others, but if we catch a whiff of any ad hominems or intentionally pushing others' buttons you're gonna fucking get it.

That also includes none of this Paramount executive shilling crap. We get it, there are higher-ups who make these seemingly questionable decisions because Hollywood likes to run shit through an eldritchian algorithm in the probability of generating the most money. That doesn't mean people have to put up with it and acknowledge it as even a remotely good idea. Also these executives aren't your friends so you can stop defending them.

3. Argue in good faith. This ties in with the previous rule, but it bears clarification. For fuck's sake, a bunch of you really do act like this series' target audience sometimes and we can't have that, especially on a public forum where your embarrassment is laid out for everyone to see. Members can pick up on your argumentative habits and learn how to poke holes through your paper-thin points and when that happens you better not act like a fucking crybaby about it. So if you want to avoid that scenario you should make a deliberate, conscious effort to discuss with others in an open and honest way from the get-go. Be upfront about your opinions and don't insinuate that others are dumb for not sharing them. It's not a competition and you're not more or less right for liking or disliking the movie. On the other hand you guys are free to dial down on the dogpiling. A lot. And by free I mean you have to because many of the posts we had to wipe yesterday were unacceptable.

- - - - -

On Tuesday 3rd December, Sony Pictures registered 3 domain names for Sonic the Hedgehog.

sonicthehedgehog-movie.com

sonicthehedgehog-movie.net

sonicthehedgehogmovie.net

The sites don't lead to anywhere yet, however they do appear to be legit registrations since the details match up with other Sony Pictures projects announced and in development.

At Boom, Iizuka did say he expected to see Sonic on the big screen at sometime in the future, however this doesn’t mean a Sonic movie is definately coming, it might however mean that talks have started and this is a pre-emptive thing to protect the domain.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/12/sony-pictures-have-registered-3-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-domains/

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't know what it is, but I really, really don't like where this is going.

Your current avatar is so appropriate for this.

Actually thats a good point, what annimations have Sony pictures done... oh lord, unless it's a live action =p

If they made a Sonic movie, sadly, right now it would probably be based off *shudders* 

sonicboom.png

Sonic Boom....................

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know what it is, but I really, really don't like where this is going.

I second this. Avert your eyes, something tells me this won't be pretty.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the idea of a Sonic movie is fucking awesome, as long as it doesn't suck...

Fingers crossed!

• Thumbs Up 4

Aren't Sony Pictures (Animation Studios?) making a Ratchet and Clank movie as well? What if this Sonic movie is like that?

Aren't Sony Pictures (Animation Studios?) making a Ratchet and Clank movie as well? What if this Sonic movie is like that?

Yeah I just checked that, I can't see Sony Pictures associated with it, or I might add the Heavenly Sword movie.

They made Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs which was a good film, so maybe they could pull off a Sonic movie. I wonder if these means an exclusivity deal with Sony though for a couple of games only on PS4 and Vita....

7.1 Billion

That is the current estimate of the amount of humans on this planet.

Not a single fucking one of them asked for this let alone wanted it.

• Thumbs Up 7

They made Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs which was a good film, so maybe they could pull off a Sonic movie.

They also made both Smurf films, Open Season, and the awful Hotel Transylvania.

Safe to say I'm terrified. 

Okay yeah, if this is made with the game universe and style, and is done by the same people that at least made the first Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs this could be good.

But notes of a Sonic movie to come and a new show all at the same time is too coincidental. I'm scared, guys.

• Thumbs Up 5

7.1 Billion

That is the current estimate of the amount of humans on this planet.

Not a single fucking one of them asked for this let alone wanted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nzxRoIX4QU

It was question number 1.

Edit:

"We do believe that at some point in the future, a Sonic movie will become a reality"

• Thumbs Up 6

I really hope this isn't a tie in to Sonic Boom if this is real. Please be cgi if this is real not live action with cgi like *cough The Smurfs cough*

*Snicker* It might just be a lame joke I fathomed, but can anyone else imagine Sony trying to push exclusive movie rights for Sonic the Hedgehog, akin to Nintendo's recent tactics as well as Sony's with Spider-man eh?!

I think that would be rather cool, at least if there was good freedom fighters integration

Jamie Hyneman as Eggman, think of that one
Jamie%20Hyneman.jpg

eggman_display.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1