Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

3 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Well that's swell. That opens up a whole sea of Dragon Ball Abridged memes and/or DBS Zamasu memes.

7 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

Theyre describing sonic as a Hyperactive and off the walls character. isnt that basically the polar opposite of him i always viewed sonic as a more laid back sarcastic guy.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Oh fucking hell, this sounds even worse. This sounds like the AoStH version of Sonic who was more or less a worse version of Bugs Bunny than the laid-back confident cocky snarker personality Modern usually has or the glory-hog sometimes petty and expressive version Classic has had with Mania Adventures. 

Before you guys go panicking off of that, mind that it wasn't stated directly from the actual studio. If anything, that's just something the news site itself said to describe something they weren't as familiar with.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well that's swell. That opens up a whole sea of Dragon Ball Abridged memes and/or DBS Zamasu memes.

What does Prince Charming Cyclops have to do with those? Kek.

4 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Wow! that's was quick. It's seem they try to get this casting done fast.

Yeah, the movie starts shooting in July so this will be the month where we get all of the casting announcements 

I don't know if he's Tom or if he's Sonic. THR said he's getting ready to put on his running shoes so I don't know

18 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

What does Prince Charming Cyclops have to do with those? Kek.

Shit portrayal: 

Good protrayal:

(Green Kai) 

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Shit portrayal: 

Good protrayal:

(Green Kai) 

I think you're thinking of James Marsters, not James Marsden.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

I think you're thinking of James Marsters, not James Marsden.

Ugggh, similar names damnit. 

And here I was getting ready with my jokes about why Sonic teams up with Tom is because he needs to learn how to dodge.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Pawn said:

James Marsden...

I'm getting Hop vibes

Yeah, same here.

54 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Shit portrayal: 

Good protrayal:

(Green Kai) 

I Google all this and I gotta say, I wasn't aware there was some sort of conspiracy theory regarding Zamasu's voice actor.

1 hour ago, A sonic fan said:

Theyre describing sonic as a Hyperactive and off the walls character. isnt that basically the polar opposite of him i always viewed sonic as a more laid back sarcastic guy.

Uhnnrr... I was afraid of that.

They were already doing that live action adaptation thing where they bring in a human main character for the audience to relate to; that gave passage for them to think that they might as well make Sonic extra cartoony in comparison.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Also, he did work on some of the other previous FF movies like Tokyo Drift, Fast 6, and 7. He also worked on G.I. Joe Retaliation. You can see more of his works here.:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0934752/

When I see this tweet. It say that the main lead will be an highway patrol officer. I bet Jack Black is going to play the human lead.:

Thanks! I appreciate the praise. 

This might be the Nostalgia Critic talking, but Owen Wilson in particular needs to stay far away from this.

Owen Wilson?

Now I'm imaging the ending of Marley and Me, just replacing Marley with Sonic.

Now that's some meme worthy material right there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Umm, didn't Van describe Sonic as Pete Mitchell from Top Gunn? Where is this TAOSTH description coming from?

NVM, from Hashtag "A sarcastic highway patrol cop who befriends Sonic a hyperactive off the walls hedgehog and will likely team up to takedown the evil Robotnik."

So we know Tom is a highway patrol cop and that Sonic is hyperactive. But describing him as off the walls makes to sound like he'll be a Looney Tunes character. 

11 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Umm, didn't Van describe Sonic as Pete Mitchell from Top Gunn? Where is this TAOSTH description coming from?

NVM, from Hashtag "A sarcastic highway patrol cop who befriends Sonic a hyperactive off the walls hedgehog and will likely team up to takedown the evil Robotnik."

So we know Tom is a highway patrol cop and that Sonic is hyperactive. But describing him as off the walls makes to sound like he'll be a Looney Tunes character. 

I mean, they’re still using the name “Robotnik”, so I’m personally going to take anything they say regarding characterization with a grain of salt.

At least, that’s how I’m keeping my hope alive.

7 minutes ago, Razule said:

Maybe Sonic will be akin to Woody in the Woody the Woodpecker movie.

Hide contents

o o f

So bushed in by that, you forgot the w.

Off the wall is a bit of a stretch. He's sarcastic but I wouldn't say he's a particularlyzany character.

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

I don't know if he's Tom or if he's Sonic. THR said he's getting ready to put on his running shoes so I don't know

I think that mean he is practicing for his role. I don't know he will play the cop in the movie. So, we will have to wait and see.

Oh, when I read The Hollywood Reporter article about James being casted for an role in the movie, I noticed this.:

Patrick Casey and Josh Miller wrote the first draft of Sonic and Oren Uziel wrote on the most recent draft.

So, this Oren guy wrote 22 Jump Street and recently The Cloverfield Paradox. You can view his works right here.:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3349927/

So he wrote 22 Jump street, Cloverfield Paradox and a couple Mortal Kombat games. 22 Jump street was hilarious but Cloverfield sucked hhaha. But guys, this is normal. All scripts go through a couple of rewrites throughout production.

I'm just really excited to see how they pull this off. It can go really right or really wrong. And I've dreamt about what a Sonic movie could look like since Sonic Adventure days 

47 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

DefXMYAX0AA86xH.jpg

WHY IS SONIC IN A CAR   

lol

The only thing this pic is missing is some overly blatant product placement.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The only thing this pic is missing is some overly blatant product placement.

Sonic is product placement

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

7 minutes ago, Razule said:

Sonic is product placement

Good point

giphy.gif

Seriously though, you know some kid is going to be wearing those Puma Sonic's, while dunking on a guy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

So yeah the movie looks like it's Sonic X but with Michael Bay thrown in. Them getting out of their way to say that Sonic will be zany more or less confirms Mr. Copper will be shoehorned as the straight-man protagonist to Sonic's wacky wiseguy who we follow. Won't be surprised to see some drama with his wife/girlfriend and/or child.

What's with Sonic Team and trying to force in other characters to be Sonic's lead sidekick/confidant/BFF? It's like they're tired of Tails but know he's too iconic to just keep out of the game/movie so they just do the next best thing and lower his importance.

I wonder if this will be like a Fish Out of Water scenario where Sonic and friends are unknown aliens from another dimension have to live with Officer Tom here and get used to the human world, or if it'll be like how it is in the games (though I guess that already is how it is) and humans are just already aware of talking animals (but then why would Sonic need to hang out with this guy?). Or maybe they just come straight out of a TV.