Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I'm telling you, it'll be Sonic X done by Michael Bay (complete with gross-out humor and racial stereotypes). We have Sonic get transported to Earth somehow (possibly with Eggman's help if they make him already established on Planet Furry) where he runs around around a city until he meets Tom. They hit it all off and for the rest of the movie are buddy cops.

14 hours ago, Razule said:

The humans are def gonna get more screentime

They wouldn't hire a current big name like Marsden if humans besides Eggman wouldn't going to be prominent.

16 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Is the plot starting to be most likely an silly and boring plot like Smurfs? 

Since it was announced as a CGI hybrid ;)

1 hour ago, Almar said:

I'm telling you, it'll be Sonic X done by Michael Bay

Michael Bay isn't even touching this film, so where are you getting this.

2 hours ago, Jango said:

Since it was announced as a CGI hybrid ;)

I already know that the movie was CGI/Live Action Hybrid. The recent news made me worried that it is going to be like The Smurfs. Nobody want to see about an movie focusing on two random people having love. This is about Sonic. Not an love romance film. The only good outcomes of this film so far are Marza and Blur Studio working on this. Hopefully, I’m will be surprised if the plot isn’t going to be about what people going to be expect it to be about.

Anyway, I think it’s safe to say that the voice actors Sonic and his friends will probably reprise their respective roles. Sega have Roger reprise his role as Sonic in Wreck It Ralph. I really don’t know if Mike Pollock will reprise his role as Eggman, given that he is not an actor. Not sure if he will be CGI like the other characters. He is going to looked odd and weird with the other humans, if he is CGI. I had an feeling that he will be played by some random Hollywood actor. I guess we will have to wait and see about this. So, anyway, with filming starting in Vancouver next month, anybody in Vancouver want to be an extra? It’s planned to shoot there until September.

• Thumbs Up 3

Spider Man 3 had a casting announcement before filming commenced. It was the actress Theresa Russell. This prompted speculation about how her character’s path would cross with Spiderman’s, how the character will be portrayed and in what direction her character would be taken throughout the story. Come movie release time, she briefly appeared in one scene at the beginning (without Spiderman) and never appears again.  Through the narrow, isolated frame of these casting confirmations, it may set up for some the expectation that every announced actor is going to be running alongside Sonic throughout the whole movie. But not all the casting announcements will be for main characters. I feel it’s important to note that the Sonic movie will be a Live Action/CG one, possibly set in our own world, or one similar to it. There will be a large number of human live action actors in this movie, I have to assume the desire for it is why the live action/CG hybrid format was chosen. Anthros like Sonic will almost certainly be minimal (not in terms of screen time, just quantity), I’m personally not expecting any prominent CG characters beyond Sonic and Tails (and potentially Eggman, if they end up going the CG route with him). A tiny cast for those of us who are only expecting two or three live action actors, and I'm not sure if that would be likely.

A potential male and female lead romance doesn’t mean The Smurfs. The first couple of Transformers movies had a male and female lead romance and it wasn’t The Smurfs. Sure, those films got pretty negative reviews too, but again - The Smurfs perhaps shouldn’t be a uniquely go to comparison on the basis of a male/female romance in a movie featuring CG characters. With regard to these casting confirmations, little tidbit announcements about actors joining the cast happen all the time with movies.  Casting announcements don’t have to be in order of the character’s prominence. Some characters may only feature in a scene or two. We have no idea how significant or insignificant any of these actors will be. But for those of us reacting with “Another human?!”, there will likely be many more of these “X and Y have joined the cast” announcements coming out. Not every actor is going to play a Chris Thorndyke. Some may just be an Emma Marko/Theresa Russell.

• Thumbs Up 3

Human characters are an important focal point to Sonic the Hedgehog.  Its OBVIOUS these people have done their research and wont fall into the same Hollywood cliches we've seen done in the last decade.  Oh what a spectacular failure this will be.   

Even though Paul won’t be in the movie, there is still some impressive fan art of him and Sonic.:

5AD09D4D-A37F-41D4-ACB9-F9C1CC87ED61.thumb.jpeg.a247e664ef6ae3679138d3b1c6420a7c.jpeg9EAE3B06-47D0-47CD-ABB8-4C7F426AE2AA.thumb.jpeg.6d4c97d994a56c066b9b8db1a75d965f.jpegE53582EE-BDFF-444C-A8E1-1668B91CB878.thumb.png.1fdc5aabf616fec9d6f50cac7c661645.png

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

He is going to looked odd and weird with the other humans, if he is CGI

Ya mean like he did already?

18 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Even though Paul won’t be in the movie, there is still some impressive fan art of him and Sonic.:

5AD09D4D-A37F-41D4-ACB9-F9C1CC87ED61.thumb.jpeg.a247e664ef6ae3679138d3b1c6420a7c.jpeg9EAE3B06-47D0-47CD-ABB8-4C7F426AE2AA.thumb.jpeg.6d4c97d994a56c066b9b8db1a75d965f.jpegE53582EE-BDFF-444C-A8E1-1668B91CB878.thumb.png.1fdc5aabf616fec9d6f50cac7c661645.png

You know, give him that colorscheme, and he actually works in a way.

Kinda like what I alluded to.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

Human characters are an important focal point to Sonic the Hedgehog.  Its OBVIOUS these people have done their research and wont fall into the same Hollywood cliches we've seen done in the last decade.  Oh what a spectacular failure this will be.   

Yes they are, and yet nobody liked them. It’s great to see them come back.

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

I wonder: Station Square or New York City

Station Square Terminal in the heart of New York City.

Duh.

lol

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Ya mean like he did already?

No, I mean that Eggman is going to look weird and odd if he was CGI, while the other humans are realistic. 

5 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

No, I mean that Eggman is going to look weird and odd if he was CGI, while the other humans are realistic. 

Considering how far cgi can go regarding realism(see, Paul walker in furious 7, young Jeff bridges in guardians vol. 2) probably wouldn’t be super weird 

8 minutes ago, Razule said:

Easy, just use 06 Eggman's model.

Hide contents

Eggman 06 Style render by Nibroc-Rock

Huh. That actually looks pretty good.

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Considering how far cgi can go regarding realism(see, Paul walker in furious 7, young Kurt Russell in guardians vol. 2) probably wouldn’t be super weird 

Fixed.

Also, Josh Brolin in Avenger Infinity War.

13 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Again, essentially like he already did.

I believe Live Action was the term you were looking for.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are only two ways to do Eggman in this movie. 1) He's from wherever Sonic is from and he's an alien which explains his unnatural anatomy 2) He's a human being who looks mostly normal overweight round guy with the classic mustache closer to the 06 model 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2018 at 11:56 PM, CaptainRobo said:
On 5/30/2018 at 11:15 PM, Razule said:

Sonic is product placement

SONIC_Drive-In_Canopy_Side_2017.jpg

I'd kill for a scene taking place there for the movie. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

Who wants to bet Sonic may wear a modified version of a popular shoe brand? Kinda like how Batman wore nikes in '89 or how Sonic wore soap shoes in SA2. It'll be for marketing.

Maybe he wears a pair of Jordan's modified to look like the classic buckle shoes

• Way Past Cool 1

18 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

I'd kill for a scene taking place there for the movie. XD

They DO sell different Chili Dogs too, don't they?

19 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

5KPoF1I.gif

What the heck?

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1

6 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What the heck?

That's a gif from the new Wreck it Ralph sequel, Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet™, Disney Animation Studios™, latest animated picture! It comes out November 21, 2018 in the United States to a theater near you!

• Chuckle 1

If I were in control I'd tell em to grow a pair and make Sonic just look like a stylized cartoon character like he was designed to be. We're already suspending belief enough to believe there's a fast talking hedgehog person from another world in real life, wouldn't change much to just roger-rabbit an appealing looking character in there. Put away those fur textures you hollywood cowards!

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

That's a gif from the new Wreck it Ralph sequel, Wreck it Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks the Internet™, Disney Animation Studios™, latest animated picture! It comes out November 21, 2018 in the United States to a theater near you!

Thank, Mr. Shill!

Why does she look like that, though?

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Thank, Mr. Shill!

Why does she look like that, though?

Modern™

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

Modern™

Even though Jasmine and Pocahontas more or less look like they should?

But I suppose.

21 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yep.:

Spoiler

1-Hot-Dogs-At-Sonic-On-October-18-2017-678x381.jpgc77e54983c53ed3c3cea65244dc61655.jpgSONIC_Chili_Cheese_Pretzel_Dog.jpgY5LvigWL_3oaGSOiAWTDnIZDAUcGea4Hs6RtLz-hQ_ZXVIpdOzEwxOWBrmCmI4JKl9rATiwfyZq5NAkw-wenZw=s400

• Thumbs Up 2