Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Almar said:

-Terminator 6

Isn't Paramount distributing Terminator 6? I mean they have the Terminator movie rights. The last Terminator movie Genisys which was also distributed by Paramount was a box office flop. I don't know why they want to compete two of their own films in the same month. If they want make the movie a box office success, they will probably have to push the movie release date back in order to avoid compete to each other. Oh,  BTW, Tim Miller is directing the movie.

1 hour ago, Almar said:

-Marvel/Fox movie

That untitled movie probably might be under Disney, if they purchase Fox. So, things may change for that film.

The more I think about it, the more I'm not okay with the idea of none Sonic's friends being in the movie. I mean, come on, man. I want to AT LEAST have Tails in the movie. 

There has to be more to "Sonic needing a friend" arc. It doesn't have to mean no Tails

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no narrative point to Tails in light of Sonic's claimed character arc unless they retool their dynamic (well, maybe again). Not only is Tom presented as Sonic's confidant but also his source of justice. His Maria/Gerald Robotnik more or less.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they still put in Tails but just pull a Forces with him.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sure Tails, Knux and Amy will be in the movie, I can't imagine it without them, just... in small doses? I don't know why they didn't go for a full CGI movie, I would have liked that, 2 possible reasons:

1. They didn't have the money to make all of the animation, especially the fantastic landscapes, I guess that's expensive.

2. Nobody would have watched the movie and it would have flopped hard, because the audience doesn't care for a cartoon hedgehog and they only watch it for the big name actors.

I think it's both reasons. IMO it needs to be interesting for everyone, fans and non fans, which is very hard, they are like opposites, and you can't please everyone... that's true, but if the movie has plenty of action, and it's funny, it would be good, wouldn't it? I'd watch it, CGI/live action or not.

I think the plot could be the plot synopsis, I mean it doesn't mean that much. Like for example, Deadpool 2. It doesn't mean anything, just for laughs.: 

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry's hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor - finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World's Best Lover.

It actually mean this. Spoiler alert, if you haven't watched Deadpool 2 yet.:

Spoiler

Wisecracking mercenary Deadpool meets Russell, an angry teenage mutant who lives at an orphanage. When Russell becomes the target of Cable -- a genetically enhanced soldier from the future -- Deadpool realizes that he'll need some help saving the boy from such a superior enemy. He soon joins forces with Bedlam, Shatterstar, Domino and other powerful mutants to protect young Russell from Cable and his advanced weaponry.

I wonder if there will be an Sonic Drive-In in the movie. There was an Krispy Kreme in the Power Rangers movie, and it play an very huge part in it.

pb-kk2-2.jpg?w=590

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

I think the plot could be the plot synopsis, I mean it doesn't mean that much. Like for example, Deadpool 2. It doesn't mean anything, just for laughs.: 

Nah, this plot is too straightforward. That one is obviously a joke and unique to Deadpool. And this isn't even the official plot synopsis, it's just them describing the plot.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Almar said:

What did the Sonic Movie do to earn such trust?

How could you not trust Sonic's smiling face?

3 minutes ago, Almar said:

What did the Sonic Movie do to earn such trust?

How could you not trust Sonic's smiling face?

8 hours ago, Almar said:

There's no narrative point to Tails in light of Sonic's claimed character arc unless they retool their dynamic (well, maybe again). Not only is Tom presented as Sonic's confidant but also his source of justice. His Maria/Gerald Robotnik more or less.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they still put in Tails but just pull a Forces with him.

Or if Tom ends up being killed off late in the film. 

I'm surprised that they choose a small town as the setting instead of a city like Station Square. Maybe, I could see Sonic fighting in a small town like similar to this.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqlaXylsMwQ

48 minutes ago, Razule said:

Nah, this plot is too straightforward. That one is obviously a joke and unique to Deadpool. And this isn't even the official plot synopsis, it's just them describing the plot.

I know, the plot is a joke, the actual plot is in the spolier. 

16 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Or if Tom ends up being killed off late in the film. 

Killing the audience surrogate?

On 6/8/2018 at 8:48 PM, DabigRG said:

Actually, I was originally referencing the ads with The Lorax.

You mean this?

Yeah it's troublesome if it is just Sonic and Buddy Cop movie without any of his iconic friends like Tails, Knuckles, Amy etc. which would be disappointing and off putting for the fans even having them play minor roles with little screen time. Also with some of the plot synopsis about him being a delinquent and all, make it sound like some kind of superhero origin story and I have to wonder if Sonic's speed is going to something natural from birth or it is unnaturally gained through freak scientific experiment (which would highly involve Eggman) a la like in the comics: 

Spoiler

page05.jpg

Kinda hoping for the former than the latter honestly.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, AdventChild said:

Yeah it's troublesome if it is just Sonic and Buddy Cop movie without any of his iconic friends like Tails, Knuckles, Amy etc. which would be disappointing and off putting for the fans even having them play minor roles with little screen time. Also with some of the plot synopsis about him being a delinquent and all, make it sound like some kind of superhero origin story and I have to wonder if Sonic's speed is going to something natural from birth or it is unnaturally gained through freak scientific experiment (which would highly involve Eggman) a la like in the comics: 

Reveal hidden contents

page05.jpg

I kinda expect minor roles for an excuse to sell toys of them, rather than an absence.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Still think that Tails and Amy are going to appear in some form.

And fall victim of their cuteness as people will harass them non-stop, wanting to pet them and pull on their ears.

Real talk though, they could have an entertaining side story where they go looking for Sonic and have to try their best to not call too much attention unto them, such as staying still to pass as a couple of plushies like they did in X.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think it might still be going a bit far too assume none of Sonic's recurring cast will be there based on the little we know.

You know Sanic fanz and jumping to conclusions

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, AdventChild said:

Reveal hidden contents

page05.jpg

Definitely sounds like a origin story in the sense that this will be a young Sonic who is immature, always causing trouble. But I don't think they're gonna go that route. Sonic's speed will be natural. I'm guessing he uses it irresponsibly at first 

If there is marketing for the movie, would McDonald's sponsored the movie? They did a bunch of Sonic commercials before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyKZ1SPfEA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ3TDzKKeFw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jskC1kAj4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF1EG0Cvr2E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiS80UbD6IU

Or would Sonic give away free chili dogs to promote the movie?

unnamed-1-e1507716136762.png?fit=356%2C301&ssl=1

• Thumbs Up 1

What if the movie plot is similar to the first Thor movie? I mean some of the scenes from the movie take place in a fictional small town in New Mexico. Also, the fight with the Destroyer take place there. I could see some of the scenes very similar to that, since, they confirmed that the setting will take place in a small town.

• Thumbs Up 1

LOL what a garbage pile this will be.  Is this a colossal joke that Sega is pulling?  Cause it just screams meme fodder at this point.  And Im calling it now.  Sonic's side-characters like Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and Eggman get minimal screen time in favor of the bland human characters and Sonic.

My movie idea may have sucked, but at least I followed the damn source material.  Wow, this will be entertaining for all the wrong reasons and I cant wait to see the reactions in a packed theater or when RedLetterMedia destroys this shit.  Fun times are ahead indeed =D  

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Patrick has a point

https://twitter.com/Pat_Kc/status/1005916902231662592?s=19

There are many other movies that are CG/animated hybrids that are nothing like Alvin and the Chipmunks or Smurfs. 

It is really hard for me to take the creators' defenses seriously. Sorry guys I'm sure you're trying at least half way your best to make the most of this project, but my mind is set, no going back unless this thing magically gets a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Can't wait for CinemaSins and Honest Trailers to bash the movie like they did on Terminator Genisys.:

Honestly, Patrick and me are on the same page. The hate is getting is grating. Having human characters doesn't = bad movie. I don't remember people hating Sonic Adventure 1 or 2. In fact, those games are widely considered some of the greatest in the franchise. Sonic X was awesome too. And guess what? Sonic having a legitimate character arc and character development that is true to the spirit of the character (Yes, Sonic has always been an edgy REBEL. The specifics and context changes but that core characteristic is always maintained. The movie is taking that trait and building around it) is not going to make this movie bad. This is an ADAPTAION of the Sonic franchise - Liberties are going to have to be taken in order for them to tell the best story they can tell. This is not Sonic from Sonic Colors or Sonic from Sonic Generations. This is MOVIE Sonic. If I had the same mindset here - I would have hated Spider-Man: Homecoming for taking countless liberties with the source material. 

And third, we don't know ANYTHING about the movie. Why are people leaping 500 feet to crazy conclusions? All we know is that James Marsden is in the movie, Tika Sumpter is in the movie and it's being written by Patrck Casey and the dude that wrote Cloverfield and 21 Jump street. We JUST got a general idea of the plot: a juvenile Sonic im a rural town who needs a friend- which is pretty vauge.  That is not enough to deem this movie a failure. At least wait for the trailer before writing the movie off completely 

• Thumbs Up 4