Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Every time I hear some more news about this movie I get more confused. Jim Carrey as Dr. Eggman is very bizarre choice but I suppose he does have a lot of charm and energy for the role. They either have no idea what they are doing or they know exactly what they're doing and are secretly geniuses lol.

16 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Well.

Very interesting choice! Can't wait to see what he brings to the table. This is definitely sounding like a fresh new take on Eggman and that's what I'm hoping for, honestly. 

Just now, The Deleter said:

Carrey will be a live-action presence, apparently

I have

No idea how to take this

Jim Carrey in a fat suit.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like it'll be the Grinch all over again. Makes you wonder who they'll choose for Sonic. Justin Timberlake? Jesse Eisenberg?

44 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Well.

Well, so, they got the guy who played one of the main characters in Dumb and Dumber and It’s sequel to play Eggman. Interesting and curious. He was also featured in Bad Ass 2, The Truman Show, The Mask, and voiced the elephant in Horton Hears a Who! He also played the Riddler in Batman Forever, Grinch in the 2000 movie. and Olaf in A Series of Unfortunate Events that was released in 2004.

So, I don’t know, what to say about this, but to be fair I know Eggman was going to be portray by an Hollywood actor, and this was to be expected.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

The question is - will Eggman be skinny?

They probably going to put some makeup like this guy.:

01304C54-9D45-4804-A3A3-6C014F02C9BF.jpeg.7a5cdcdbd9b3c95bd26b858ab4c153f1.jpeg

They may give a little bit weight on him.

12 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Why would he have been CG? Come on, guys.

Just now, PeterPancake said:

The question is - will Eggman be skinny?

I mean, that question is why, dude. Carrey absolutely does not have Eggman's body type. Probably no actual person does, but Carrey's really not even close. I could buy him voicing Eggman, I could buy him being a mocap actor for a CG Eggman, but I'm really having trouble imagining how they could make him look like Eggman.

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I mean, that question is why, dude. Carrey absolutely does not have Eggman's body type. Probably no actual person does, but Carrey's really not even close. I could buy him voicing Eggman, I could buy him being a mocap actor for a CG Eggman, but I'm really having trouble imagining how they could make him look like Eggman.

Maybe it's a new take on Eggman? Maybe the reason why he's called "Eggman" is for a different reason than his egg-shaped body? Idk. I'm pretty open minded. What if they go back to his original name from the American versions of the old games "Dr. Robotnik". 

I can easily picture a creepy image of Carrey smiling appearing on government computers and threatening world domination.

Uhhh

I have...literally no idea how to take this. Like...I can see him in the role - there's no hard time imagining Jim not hamming it up, this is the Mask we're talking about...but like...I can't see him as a Live Action Eggman, and if you're making him skinny.

Well, you do realize the reason he's called Eggman is he looks like as Sonic put it - "A Giant Talking Egg".

Also, there is such a thing as hamming it up too much.

28 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Carrey will be a live-action presence, apparently

I have

No idea how to take this

Well this doesn't bode very well.

I honestly think there's gonna be very little, if any similarities to Eggman from the games. They're going for a "what if Sonic, but in real world" angle here, they might as well make Robotnik (as opposed to calling him Eggman) some member of the government that's chasing Sonic, or the like.

Maybe he'll have the moustache, though...?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

I honestly think there's gonna be very little, if any similarities to Eggman from the games. They're going for a "what if Sonic, but in real world" angle here, they might as well make Robotnik (as opposed to calling him Eggman) some member of the government that's chasing Sonic, or the like.

Here we go again...

320?cb=20101021201100

Should’ve been Bryan Cranston. At least he’s bald and has an epic stache.

• Thumbs Up 2

Apparently, to my understanding, he’s only in NEGOTIATIONS for the role and doesn’t actually have it (yet). Wonder how they’re going to pull the live-action role off. Use makeup for the actor, or use motion capture? 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I love the general lack of reaction this is getting. 

Well most people aren't throwing a fit because it's common movie knowledge there are plenty of ways to make actors look the proper part with some dedication and the right effects if necessary. 

It's more so just this forum that's going into a tirade for whatever reason. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, yeah, they'll probably put a suit on him or something, in the event Carrey does play him as a live action character. Yeah he'll probably look more like '06 Eggman than anything, but still. This casting choice in itself is frankly the least of the movie's concerns, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to pull what they originally did in the first draft of the TMNT movie where IIRC - Shredder was a army general and his nickname was Shredder or some such.

He still has the name "Eggman" but it's a stupid army nickname for something he does if they go down the route of having him as apart of the government.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Uhhh

I have...literally no idea how to take this. Like...I can see him in the role - there's no hard time imagining Jim not hamming it up, this is the Mask we're talking about...but like...I can't see him as a Live Action Eggman, and if you're making him skinny.

Well, you do realize the reason he's called Eggman is he looks like as Sonic put it - "A Giant Talking Egg".

Also, there is such a thing as hamming it up too much.

Maybe in the games but for the movie, it could be for a different reason. Remember, it's an adaptation. Things change. I honestly expect Eggman to look closer to his 06 model. The idea that so many had about CG Eggman was pretty crazy imo