Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Every time I hear some more news about this movie I get more confused. Jim Carrey as Dr. Eggman is very bizarre choice but I suppose he does have a lot of charm and energy for the role. They either have no idea what they are doing or they know exactly what they're doing and are secretly geniuses lol.

16 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Well.

Very interesting choice! Can't wait to see what he brings to the table. This is definitely sounding like a fresh new take on Eggman and that's what I'm hoping for, honestly. 

44 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Well.

Well, so, they got the guy who played one of the main characters in Dumb and Dumber and It’s sequel to play Eggman. Interesting and curious. He was also featured in Bad Ass 2, The Truman Show, The Mask, and voiced the elephant in Horton Hears a Who! He also played the Riddler in Batman Forever, Grinch in the 2000 movie. and Olaf in A Series of Unfortunate Events that was released in 2004.

So, I don’t know, what to say about this, but to be fair I know Eggman was going to be portray by an Hollywood actor, and this was to be expected.

12 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Why would he have been CG? Come on, guys.

Just now, PeterPancake said:

The question is - will Eggman be skinny?

I mean, that question is why, dude. Carrey absolutely does not have Eggman's body type. Probably no actual person does, but Carrey's really not even close. I could buy him voicing Eggman, I could buy him being a mocap actor for a CG Eggman, but I'm really having trouble imagining how they could make him look like Eggman.

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I mean, that question is why, dude. Carrey absolutely does not have Eggman's body type. Probably no actual person does, but Carrey's really not even close. I could buy him voicing Eggman, I could buy him being a mocap actor for a CG Eggman, but I'm really having trouble imagining how they could make him look like Eggman.

Maybe it's a new take on Eggman? Maybe the reason why he's called "Eggman" is for a different reason than his egg-shaped body? Idk. I'm pretty open minded. What if they go back to his original name from the American versions of the old games "Dr. Robotnik". 

I can easily picture a creepy image of Carrey smiling appearing on government computers and threatening world domination.

Uhhh

I have...literally no idea how to take this. Like...I can see him in the role - there's no hard time imagining Jim not hamming it up, this is the Mask we're talking about...but like...I can't see him as a Live Action Eggman, and if you're making him skinny.

Well, you do realize the reason he's called Eggman is he looks like as Sonic put it - "A Giant Talking Egg".

Also, there is such a thing as hamming it up too much.

I honestly think there's gonna be very little, if any similarities to Eggman from the games. They're going for a "what if Sonic, but in real world" angle here, they might as well make Robotnik (as opposed to calling him Eggman) some member of the government that's chasing Sonic, or the like.

Maybe he'll have the moustache, though...?

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

I honestly think there's gonna be very little, if any similarities to Eggman from the games. They're going for a "what if Sonic, but in real world" angle here, they might as well make Robotnik (as opposed to calling him Eggman) some member of the government that's chasing Sonic, or the like.

Maybe he'll have the moustache, though...?

Here we go again...

320?cb=20101021201100