Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Huh... It seems that, outside of the logo, it's still being called "Sonic The Hedgehog" in writing. Maybe they're not actually dropping the subtitle.

• Thumbs Up 1

We might get cameos from Nathan Barnett (aka Keith Apicary), Egoraptor, and BlackNerd.  Maybe even Aaron Webber?  I can totally see him eating a chili dog and Sonic swipes it from him as he gives a confused look. 

I've got a feeling that this will be in the movie.

And that fan made poster, while a good effort, screams box office flop. 

1 hour ago, Stasis said:

I've got a feeling that this will be in the movie.

And that fan made poster, while a good effort, screams box office flop. 

Thanks so much! And I think I know why.... yes.... YES.... How could I have been so BLIND?!!!

IT NEEDS BIGGER EXPLOSIONS!! MORE DRAMA!!

185514267_SonicMovieMockup2Compressed.thumb.PNG.73930c8e1f8195bc789c3be54e052cb1.PNG

Perfect. Now it will surely topple Avengers 4.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 2

More impressive movie fan art by the same guy who made those last two pictures of Sonic and James.:

• Thumbs Up 6

Since, I'm starting to see fan art of Sonic and the cop, I decided to make my own. So, here is a quick little picture of the cop hanging out with Sonic and Tails at an park. Enjoy!

DjgLsdsU4AA6V9b.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Hear me out on this, but what if the movie is intentionally supposed to be bad? Sega in recent years has been more self-aware of their failures by even taking jabs at themselves and the fanbase to where they embrace the cringe. Might be a fun experience if that's the direction.

I'm optimistic. I think this movie has the potentional to be great. Miller & Fowler both worked on Sonic games in the past before making it in Hollywood. Marza is also involved too.

People complain 'durr there shouldn't be humans in Sonic!' Uhh, ever play Sonic Adventure? Sonic Adventure 2? Shadow the Hedgehog? Sonic 06? Sonic Unleashed? Ever watch Sonic X?

I mean, who knows? It's possible that it COULD suck, but as of right now, I have no reason to believe that.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, a knothole resident said:

Hear me out on this, but what if the movie is intentionally supposed to be bad? Sega in recent years has been more self-aware of their failures by even taking jabs at themselves and the fanbase to where they embrace the cringe. Might be a fun experience if that's the direction.

I'm seriously getting sick of this franchise resorting to self-mockery and nostalgia-pandering to stay relevant. Especially since there's been no consistent improvement in quality.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

45 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

You REALLY think the writers, Paramount and the director would be okay with Sega wanting them to make an intentionally shitty film??

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 2

29 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

You REALLY think the writers, Paramount and the director would be okay with Sega wanting them to make an intentionally shitty film??

An intentionally shitty 90 MILLION DOLLAR film.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 3

59 minutes ago, Myst said:

I'm optimistic. I think this movie has the potentional to be great. Miller & Fowler both worked on Sonic games in the past before making it in Hollywood. Marza is also involved too.

People complain 'durr there shouldn't be humans in Sonic!' Uhh, ever play Sonic Adventure? Sonic Adventure 2? Shadow the Hedgehog? Sonic 06? Sonic Unleashed? Ever watch Sonic X?

I mean, who knows? It's possible that it COULD suck, but as of right now, I have no reason to believe that.

AGREED. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Myst said:

An intentionally shitty 90 MILLION DOLLAR film.

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Not intentionally shitty in the terms of making a bad movie where its unwatchable, but by utilizing those plot cliches of Smurfs/Chipmunks that everyone has been worried about and just rolling with it.  Perhaps 4th wall breaking jokes poking fun at those movies?  Or realizing how absurd this premise is that the actors or just having fun with it? 

Jim Carry is no doubt going to ham it up playing Eggman, and it could be an over the top performance where its funny in a facetious way.  I dont know, I had this discussion with a couple friends about this and its an interesting hypothetical considering how Sega in the 2010s is more earnest about their polarizing decisions.   Then again, maybe this movie will pull a 180 and destroy all negative reservations where its genuinely good since 90% of the fanbase seems to want/expects a convoluted trainwreck.      

24 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

Not intentionally shitty in the terms of making a bad movie where its unwatchable, but by utilizing those plot cliches of Smurfs/Chipmunks that everyone has been worried about and just rolling with it.  Perhaps 4th wall breaking jokes poking fun at those movies?  Or realizing how absurd this premise is that the actors or just having fun with it? 

Jim Carry is no doubt going to ham it up playing Eggman, and it could be an over the top performance where its funny in a facetious way.  I dont know, I had this discussion with a couple friends about this and its an interesting hypothetical considering how Sega in the 2010s is more earnest about their polarizing decisions.   Then again, maybe this movie will pull a 180 and destroy all negative reservations where its genuinely good since 90% of the fanbase seems to want/expects a convoluted trainwreck.      

They wouldn't do that for the Sonic Movie, mainly because they most likely don't understand the fanbase. This movie is aiming to reach those outside of the Sonic fanbase and not just the fanbase itself. Having the movie make Teen Titans Go-levels of jokes in the movie probably wouldn't make sense to most people in the audience, because they wouldn't understand. Heck, I'm sure if they made a joke about Sonic 06, most people outside the fanbase wouldn't get it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn, I guess we won't see the real Green Hill. That kinda sucks, it's suppose to be a little nod to the game

Just now, PeterPancake said:

Damn, I guess we won't see the real Green Hill. That kinda sucks 

I've had enough Green Hill in Sonic to last me a decade, thanks.

I'd rather some new Sonic locales for once, especially for some of them to get their chance in a big screen debut.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Just now, Polkadi~♪ said:

I've had enough Green Hill in Sonic to last me a decade, thanks.

I'd rather some new Sonic locales for once, especially for some of them to get their chance in a big screen debut.

Uh, it should definitely be in the movie. The reason why they keep doing it over and over again is because it's the most iconic Sonic stage. And it's one of the only Sonic Zones that the general audience will instantly recognize.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, I agree. Like sure, Station Square probably could've worked too but Green Hill is THE Sonic stage. The fact that it's been overused to the point of making us sick is irrelevant and, honestly, not the movie's/writer's fault. That's just on SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1