Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

9 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Judging from how this is panning out...

So the Sonic movie is taking place in a humble town, where a cop probably has to keep watch of a cocky speedster who probably did something wrong and thus has to stay there for an undisclosed amount of time as Sonic learns to accept new friends...

my-name-is-mater-films-photo-u2?w=650&q=

...This sounds familiar.

I swear if Knuckles ends up being Mater.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I swear if Knuckles ends up being Mater.

will knuckles become a spy in the sequel

and a metric fuckton of knuckles short films

• Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I’m betting on us getting Secret Plant in the movie as well, now that Green Hills is in the film. And I agree we’ve had enough GHZ. 

So the small town itself is Green Hills. No idea whether it's going to be a one-off easter egg or not, but if this indicates a trend that the movie's gonna be adapting key elements of the series to be flat-out realistic, that's gonna be hilarious to see honestly, lmao

Stuff like Eggman having a car he calls the "Eggmobile" but being otherwise grounded I could see happening, calling it

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

I've had enough Green Hill in Sonic to last me a decade, thanks.

I'd rather some new Sonic locales for once, especially for some of them to get their chance in a big screen debut.

Station Square would be a nice place to start. And I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we’ll get to see the egg carrier as well.

• Thumbs Up 5

Green HILLS?   Looks like we got our first game reference...to Sonic 2...on Game Gear.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 3

28 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Uh, it should definitely be in the movie. The reason why they keep doing it over and over again is because it's the most iconic Sonic stage. And it's one of the only Sonic Zones that the general audience will instantly recognize.

If going by the sales and recognition of Sonic 2, Emerald Hill Zone is just as valid an option, and it's something new for once. And they keep doing it over and over again because of nostalgia AND that it's iconic. Well, Emerald Hill has these qualities too...

But it's not a major turn-off if they use Green Hill Zone, it's just an annoyance. This isn't just games, either... The zone is everywhere.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Cant help to think this is a missed opportunity, but that sign should really say Population 1991.  1991 being the year that the first Sonic game was released.  You know, subtle nods like that.

• Thumbs Up 7

Green Hills, and that slogan, and the way the sign is painted... It's wonderful. :) I'm really happy with how it looks. It's very sweet and even charming in its own way. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Guys imagine ALL of the funny references that this movie could pull off. The Mario movie while bad, the refences were beautiful, like how Big Bertha is a lady in a bar in the movie.

Imagine along with Eggman having a fancy car named Eggmobile, he could have a ladybug as a pet that he calls Motobug (it could even have its own tricycle)

Or the Master Emerald is a very expensive gem in a museum, or the Chaos Emeralds are lost and the owner promises to do something great if you find the 7 of them like a literal Chaos Emerald...

Guys I'm excited for the movie just for that i dunno bout you.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 2

52 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

If going by the sales and recognition of Sonic 2, Emerald Hill Zone is just as valid an option, and it's something new for once. And they keep doing it over and over again because of nostalgia AND that it's iconic. Well, Emerald Hill has these qualities too...

But it's not a major turn-off if they use Green Hill Zone, it's just an annoyance. This isn't just games, either... The zone is everywhere.

Emerald Hill is not more recognizable than Green Hill Zone. Everything about Green Hill is instantly recognizable to EVERYBODY; Casuals and the general audience alike. From the checkered terrain to the red mountains backdrop to the iconic music- EHZ has nowhere near as much nostalgic pull as Green Hill Zone. There's a reason why Sonic Team keeps going back to it. I was tired of it myself after Forces but it makes sense that it be in the movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if theme was incorporated into the score at some point ala the Eddie LeBron movie

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

12 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I wouldn't be surprised if theme was incorporated into the score at some point ala the Eddie LeBron movie

Something like Angry Birds Movie. The opening theme has a game theme's melody at 0:45 and it makes me goosebump.

• Thumbs Up 2

I LOVE the fact that the town is gonna be called Green Hills. It's juuust silly and cheesy and call-back-y enough in my opinion. xDD I think it'd make a lot of more casual people smile when they see it, kinda like "Oh yeah, Green Hill - that's the first level from that Sonic game I used to play back when I was a kid!"

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

Something like Angry Birds Movie. The opening theme has a game theme's melody at 0:45 and it makes me goosebump.

Precisely

Using the main theme in the score is a good idea, of course. I just don't want them to overdo it.

What I liked about The Angry Birds Movie's score was that the actual Angry Birds theme was only used once, not taking the lazy route and just littering it through the movie rather than making something original.

I praised that movie for it's surprisingly stellar score, and I want Sonic do the same. A small allusion, but that's about it for me.

29 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Using the main theme in the score is a good idea, of course. I just don't want them to overdo it.

What I liked about The Angry Birds Movie's score was that the actual Angry Birds theme was only used once, not taking the lazy route and just littering it through the movie rather than making something original.

I praised that movie for it's surprisingly stellar score, and I want Sonic do the same. A small allusion, but that's about it for me.

You know what they say...

the more the merrier The best part of Sonic is always the music! Hopefully, this movie lives up to that promise.

1 minute ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

the more the merrier The best part of Sonic is always the music! Hopefully, this movie lives up to that promise.

Exactly, but what I want is a lot of catchy and engaging original tracks in regards to the score. I think if they repeat too many classic tunes, it would be too much of a copout.

inb4 sonic mania ost rebuttal

12 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

9 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Exactly, but what I want is a lot of catchy and engaging original tracks in regards to the score. I think if they repeat too many classic tunes, it would be too much of a copout.

inb4 sonic mania ost rebuttal

inb4 it's literally just different variations of Green Hill Zone's theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

inb4 it's literally just different variations of Green Hill Zone's theme.

i feel betrayed if that ends up to be real

4 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Judging from how this is panning out...

So the Sonic movie is taking place in a humble town, where a cop probably has to keep watch of a cocky speedster who probably did something wrong and thus has to stay there for an undisclosed amount of time as Sonic learns to accept new friends...

my-name-is-mater-films-photo-u2?w=650&q=

...This sounds familiar.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amy became Sally.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

22 minutes ago, Bloxxerboy said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Amy became Sally.

Well, she already did (and by Sally, we mean Acorn), in the American Sonic CD manual. But now to get back on topic before this thread might devolve into something else.

• Chuckle 3
  • Too Many Rings 1

3 hours ago, JosepHenry said:

Guys imagine ALL of the funny references that this movie could pull off. The Mario movie while bad, the refences were beautiful, like how Big Bertha is a lady in a bar in the movie.

Imagine along with Eggman having a fancy car named Eggmobile, he could have a ladybug as a pet that he calls Motobug (it could even have its own tricycle)

Or the Master Emerald is a very expensive gem in a museum, or the Chaos Emeralds are lost and the owner promises to do something great if you find the 7 of them like a literal Chaos Emerald...

Guys I'm excited for the movie just for that i dunno bout you.

Someone has a cat named Mr. Big, Sally is a brand of nuts,  Eggman mentions his old vehicle was called the Egg-O-Matic...

If the town is what's called Green Hills, then maybe instead of from an alternate dimension, this is a One World world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Someone has a cat named Mr. Big, Sally is a brand of nuts,  Eggman mentions his old vehicle was called the Egg-O-Matic...

Now Im on board.  Just subtle nods would be satisfying.  Vector's Music Store?  Amy's Roses? 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

Yeah I'm fine with these little nods and references, nothing to say. Obviously they aren't gonna go deeper and add obscure stuff like, let's say... Jungle Zone from Sonic 1 MS, but the iconic things, it's to be expected. I for one am surprised that Green Hills is a town in the real world. If they go with this kind of twists from the original series, it's gonna be nice and surprising.