Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

8 hours ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

https://twitter.com/cartoonmoo/status/1024810780707844097

In an official Sonic Movie set. Maybe.
Oi! Green Hill is populated?! I mean it. Green Hill!
Green Hill is written on a sheriff car too.

So, the town is named after the zone? Ah, interesting. I see that the sheriff car in the picture is an Ford Crown Victoria, which is an very popular car used by police departments and taxi companies. The car also appear in a lot of movies and TV shows.:

Indianapolis_Metropolitan_police_cruiser

Yea, I know that it was an missed opportunity having the population at 1991. It would be nice to see a reference to the year when Sonic started. Oh, well. Maybe the reference 1981 could be an reference to the year where SEGA started making arcades. I don't know.

After I see that set photo of the sheriff car, I decided to make some more fan art of the cop driving it with Sonic running on the road, avoiding cars. I also add some of Sonic's friends in it. Hope you all like it!

DjlPVszU4AAfhpT?format=jpg

Oh,  here are some movie fan art by some Twitter artists.:

Spoiler

I hear a lot of people on Twitter hating on the set photo. They also made an meme about it. I don't know why they are freaking out over an photo.  I think it is ridiculous and stupid to just judge and think the movie will be bad just because of one small photo. It's just an picture. We haven't seen the whole movie yet. So, I won't judge it until we get an trailer which I expected next year.

• Thumbs Up 4

8 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

Now Im on board.  Just subtle nods would be satisfying.  Vector's Music Store?  Amy's Roses? 

I wonder if Tika Sumpter's character will be named Sally?

The actual source of the set photo.:

21 hours ago, Myst said:

Nice drawing, CaptainRobo! Really helps me envision just what this movie will be like. Nice job with the detail on the cars in the parking lot too.

This website is claiming after they finish shooting in September, there will be additional filming in New York City.

https://604now.com/celebs-vancouver-august-2018/

Wow! Thanks! Anyway, New York City? Huh? I really don't know if that was an typo mistake, or not, but, if they were to filmed there, I would think that they would only filmed there for only a few scenes. NYC is very crowded, hard, and expensive to filmed there.

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, Razule said:

If the town is what's called Green Hills, then maybe instead of from an alternate dimension, this is a One World world. 

That would kind of be a necessity if you're trying to sell the movie cleanly to a general audience. Off beat and peculiar franchise tidbits that are only really known amongst the hardcore fans would do little more than confuse and likely irritate the general audience.

On a different note, it's kind of hard to explain, but in a movie that is being advertised as a new spin aimed more at the general audience rather than long time Sonic fans I find these little, yet expected, Easter eggs kind of annoying. I know it's a petty reaction but I'd rather go the BOOM! route in this case and make original locations that won't invite comparisons so blatantly with the source material.

Now Tails' Channel is reporting the news about filming in NYC, Coquitlam, and Burnaby.

I guess that the news about the filming in NYC is true.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm just wondering how much of that is to build up stock footage vs actually filming on sight. I kind of hope it is more of the later just to give Sonic some room to stretch his legs.

40 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Love the Green Hill/Hills nod. The NYC shoot could mean Station Square.

Speaking from a script standpoint, Station Square or some other large city would be a good place to put Sonic in the beginning of the movie for a few reasons. One, it gives the movie a place to show off Sonic's speed in tight or cramped roads and some great action shots. Two, it is the ideal place for the government to spot him. And three, it will move the plot along so he can run off into a much quieter area in the hopes of hiding or getting his bearings. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

That would kind of be a necessity if you're trying to sell the movie cleanly to a general audience. Off beat and peculiar franchise tidbits that are only really known amongst the hardcore fans would do little more than confuse and likely irritate the general audience.

On a different note, it's kind of hard to explain, but in a movie that is being advertised as a new spin aimed more at the general audience rather than long time Sonic fans I find these little, yet expected, Easter eggs kind of annoying. I know it's a petty reaction but I'd rather go the BOOM! route in this case and make original locations that won't invite comparisons so blatantly with the source material.

In that case, how about this.  What if this reality is where both humans and anthros co-exist?  The opening shot can be Tom driving around town as he watches both humans and anthros doing daily activities.  As if its normal.  In fact, what if the police chief is some Sonic character and Tom has a bias against those types of creatures?  Could be interesting foreshadowing of Tom learning acceptance of others who are different in which Sonic is the catalyst for.  I dont know, just spitballing.  Just the thought of it gives me a Muppet Movie 2011 vibe.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

In that case, how about this.  What if this reality is where both humans and anthros co-exist?  The opening shot can be Tom driving around town as he watches both humans and anthros doing daily activities.  As if its normal.  In fact, what if the police chief is some Sonic character and Tom has a bias against those types of creatures?  Could be interesting foreshadowing of Tom learning acceptance of others who are different in which Sonic is the catalyst for.  I dont know, just spitballing.  Just the thought of it gives me a Muppet Movie 2011 vibe.

I highly doubt that's the case, but it's always fun to speculate. 

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

Sonic is on the run from the Government so he will probably be from another world 

The ONLY other way I could see Sonic being of our world is if he's some unknown species of hedgehog that no one ever knew about until Tom found him. But that doesn't sound right. Pretty sure they're going with him being an alien or whatnot. 

19 minutes ago, STK77 said:

I highly doubt that's the case, but it's always fun to speculate. 

I'm just trying to think outside the cliche predictability of these live action/CG movies.  I want the people involved to be creative with this. 

8 minutes ago, STK77 said:

The ONLY other way I could see Sonic being of our world is if he's some unknown species of hedgehog that no one ever knew about until Tom found him. But that doesn't sound right. Pretty sure they're going with him being an alien or whatnot. 

What if Green Hills is the sanctuary for anthros where they can live in peace while other parts of the world hold this prejudiced towards them?  And what if they borrow from the original comic where Robotnik created Sonic?

DIUUwg9UQAENCo_.jpg

32 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

I'm just trying to think outside the cliche predictability of these live action/CG movies.  I want the people involved to be creative with this. 

What if Green Hills is the sanctuary for anthros where they can live in peace while other parts of the world hold this prejudiced towards them?  And what if they borrow from the original comic where Robotnik created Sonic?

DIUUwg9UQAENCo_.jpg

The idea that Robotnik created Sonic was floating around. If Robotnik is a part of the government, then it would make sense for the government to want to reclaim their runaway secret weapon. 

Maybe the twist will be that the Government is after Sonic, they capture him at the end, then Eggman goes 'That's not him!'

Boom! Shadow is seen on the news tearing up Radical Highway. Then Eggman says: 'THAT'S him!'

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

Could be fake, I don't know. But IMDB is claiming that Debs Howard (iZombie) has been cast in the film as 'Billy's New Girlfriend'

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/?ref_=m_nmfmd_act_1

Huh. Could Sheriff Wachowski's first name be Billy, NOT Tom? Maybe she has a brief role at the beginning (Hence why she has no name) 

Or it could be a bunch of BS. I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Myst said:

Maybe the twist will be that the Government is after Sonic, they capture him at the end, then Eggman goes 'That's not him!'

Boom! Shadow is seen on the news tearing up Radical Highway. Then Eggman says: 'THAT'S him!'

Woah!  Thats some JJ Abrams/David Lynch stuff right there.  That would be quite the twist to be honest.  Speaking of directors, did they finally select one yet?  I dont see any info on that yet aside from producer credits.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Could be fake, I don't know. But IMDB is claiming that Debs Howard (iZombie) has been cast in the film as 'Billy's New Girlfriend'

Huh. Could Sheriff Wachowski's first name be Billy, NOT Tom? Maybe she has a brief role at the beginning (Hence why she has no name) 

Billy could be a secondary character in the film. 

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Anyone can edit that site. Best to wait for a more reliable source. 

2 hours ago, Myst said:

Well, Tom as the cop's name has already been confirmed. Keep in mind that many times- an actor themselves will add a movie to their resume on Imdb so this could be legit 

1 hour ago, a knothole resident said:

Woah!  Thats some JJ Abrams/David Lynch stuff right there.  That would be quite the twist to be honest.  Speaking of directors, did they finally select one yet?  I dont see any info on that yet aside from producer credits.

Jeff Fowler will be directing. This will be his directoral debut. He previously did an animated short called 'Gopher Broke' which was nominated for an Oscar. He also did work on the CGI cutscenes for 2005's Shadow the Hedgehog

If Green Hill exists in the real world it's possible an animal world doesn't exist at all, you'd think Green Hill would be the first choice for a fantastic world zone, so I also predict Sonic is gonna be a government experiment, I mean, Shadow is one so it's not impossible Sonic is as well.

11 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

What if Green Hills is the sanctuary for anthros where they can live in peace while other parts of the world hold this prejudiced towards them?  And what if they borrow from the original comic where Robotnik created Sonic.

I'm not seeing how Sonic Movie needs a "Humans mean/Anthros nice" plot. Especially if there are no villanous anthros.