Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Anybody think that the release date is going to be moved to avoid competing with the Terminator movie that coming out next year? I had a feeling that the movie will get push back because the movie will be released the week before the week when Terminator (Directed by Jeff’s partner, Tim Miller) is released. Both of the movies are distributed by Paramount. I don’t think Paramount want to released two movies in the same month and compete at the same time. That probably might cause a lot of problems for the company.

I don't know. Both movies are being released to different demographics. Sonic is billed as a 'family film' (ugh) whilst Terminator is catered more towards adults.

November is usually a big month for kids films (Frozen, Wreck-It Ralph, Hotel Transylvania, Moana, Big Hero 6, The Grinch remake all released in November) so I think Paramount is going to want to keep Sonic in that slot. If anything, Terminator could get pushed back to December.

I'm honestly surprised Paramount is even making another Terminator. Genesys blew, Salvation was boring, T3 was a disappointment. Terminator is box office poison now.

• Fist Bump 1

I'm personally completely burnt out on Terminator films. Especially after thar last one with Emilia Clarke

• Thumbs Up 2

When do you move it to? Frozen 2 is 2 weeks later followed by the Jumanji sequel then  Star Wars 9.

10 hours ago, Drifting Jack said:

If Green Hill exists in the real world it's possible an animal world doesn't exist at all, you'd think Green Hill would be the first choice for a fantastic world zone, so I also predict Sonic is gonna be a government experiment, I mean, Shadow is one so it's not impossible Sonic is as well.

Maybe it'll be like the Chipmunks, Yogi Bear, and Woody Woodpecker movies, where the only anthros that appear to exist are the comic-relief to the actual human protagonists but no one really questions it.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, I draw the Sheriff, Sonic and his friends standing next to the Green Hills sign which was seen in the set photo. I try my best to copy the sign and include as many details as possible. I put 1991 instead of 1981 in the population. So, I think maybe, the reference 1991 could be in the end of the movie. Well you know, they could change the population to 1991  So, maybe there will be a scene which where Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and maybe possibly Cream, Cheese, Rouge and the Chaotix could become official residents of the town after they help protect the town from Eggman, which could add up to 10 people to the population. This could make enough people to make the town’s population 1991. Well, this is just speculation. We will have to wait and see about this. It's going to be an long wait.

BTW, I didn't have the time and space to put Rouge and the Chaotix. Sorry, but I hope you all like it! Enjoy!

welcome_to_green_hills_by_kitsuoi-dcj5saj.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Ah ok. Worth mentioning that Menken also did 'Sausage Party' and a couple Late Night shows & kids cartoons in recent years. If he's THAT desperate for work these days, I believe it's possible it could be true. He would have removed it by now if it's not.

I dunno. Just speculating. If it is true, then I think we'll be seeing an elementary school or something as a focal part of the movie. (Maybe the 'kids chorus' is for a school play?) Maybe Tika Sumpter plays a schoolteacher, and Natasha Rothwell a secretary?

Or it's all baloney.

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Ah ok. Worth mentioning that Menken also did 'Sausage Party' and a couple Late Night shows & kids cartoons in recent years. If he's THAT desperate for work these days, I believe it's possible it could be true. He would have removed it by now if it's not.

I dunno. Just speculating. If it is true, then I think we'll be seeing an elementary school or something as a focal part of the movie. (Maybe the 'kids chorus' is for a school play?) Maybe Tika Sumpter plays a schoolteacher, and Natasha Rothwell a secretary?

Or it's all baloney.

Maybe Sonic is helping his mild-mannered down-on-his-luck human compadre impress the woman he likes by helping to set up a school play.

• Way Past Cool 1

How do you think Eggman will be handled? What backstory? What tone? I'm hoping he is menacing but also goofy and not SatAM levels of dark, but not Boom goofy. So basically like the games and comics.

Like Loki in the MCU. Delightfully evil but still menacing and a serious threat that shouldn't be taken as a joke. I want him closer to this characterisation Sonic Adventure 1 and 2

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

So, hey guys, I don’t want to interrupt but apparently, somebody had a sister who managed to take a picture of an pickup truck that is going to be used for the movie. It’s appear to be an blue Chevy Truck which seem to have monster truck tires. I guess it is going to be used for the highway chase that they would be shooting next month, since a truck would be used in that chase.

D0E59CEE-FC78-4CFF-B8FD-60221DBC5970.thumb.jpeg.be1c7ea4ce0d71011581e76dbeda2529.jpeg

Source: https://twitter.com/Infinity_Draws/status/1026107175414849543

• Thumbs Up 6

Some reactions regarding the movie from YouTube are rather hilarious: "Green Hill? Not Green Hill again Sega!" 😅

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 2

12 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Some reactions regarding the movie from YouTube are rather hilarious: "Green Hill? Not Green Hill again Sega!" 😅

Thats like getting upset for the Mario movie to have the Mushroom Kingdom.  Its a staple to the franchise and the most iconic level.  Why WOULDNT they use it somewhere?

22 hours ago, Drifting Jack said:

How do you think Eggman will be handled? What backstory? What tone? I'm hoping he is menacing but also goofy and not SatAM levels of dark, but not Boom goofy. So basically like the games and comics.

Id go for Boom.  The humor is more cleverly written and hilarious. 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Myst said:

Or it's all baloney.

If the kids end up singing a song about Sonic, I will be sorely disappointed.

So just what is the deal with this car chase? Is Eggman going to be driving that truck? Or Orbot & CuBot? Will they steal an Enerald and be on the run from Tom & Sonic?

This is seeming a little too comical for my tastes

17 hours ago, Myst said:

Ah ok. Worth mentioning that Menken also did 'Sausage Party' and a couple Late Night shows & kids cartoons in recent years. If he's THAT desperate for work these days,

I can't honestly belive Alan Menken of all people would be that hard up for work. He only wrote the songs for The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. 

He did Sausage Party. If he did that, he'll do anything.

Edit: Nevermind. I see that he does mostly Disney stuff & Sausage Party was a one-off thing. He's currently working on the live action adaptation of Aladdin, which will also see a 2019 release, so I concede it most likely is fake.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Myst said:

So just what is the deal with this car chase? Is Eggman going to be driving that truck? Or Orbot & CuBot? Will they steal an Enerald and be on the run from Tom & Sonic?

This is seeming a little too comical for my tastes

It could be none of those options. Wait until we know more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Like Loki in the MCU. Delightfully evil but still menacing and a serious threat that shouldn't be taken as a joke. I want him closer to this characterisation Sonic Adventure 1 and 2

I dunno, I kinda like the goofy Eggman... The kind where he seems like an ineffective villain at first who goofs around and does as he pleases, making wild robotic minions that are a bit hard to take seriously, but gets REALLY nasty, dangerous and cunning when getting down to business. Like, let's see, Genesis Eggman, OVA Eggman, Mania Adventures Eggman, much of the early 2000s Eggman...

It feels to represent Eggman best, but who knows how they'll write him?

• Thumbs Up 1