Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

35 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

If they were holding auditions with different actors for Sonic's voice then that confirms Roger was never even approached for the movie.. Similar to Mike Pollock

This is happening all so fast...but its Sonic so........

So, the writer denied that all of these plot summaries that were revealed so far are true.

I really hope that they actually show the actual one soon just to clear out the confusion.

• Thumbs Up 3

Not really denied, more like misconstrued. He said they're all incomplete so like many of us have speculated, it's probably a hybrid of all of them and these scoopers are finding individual plot points and summarizing the movie with them

With all of the focus on human characters nobody gives a rip about, I'd prefer they not throw in any more Sonic characters. I have so little faith in this bomb being anything more than utter garbage that I'd rather they not sully any of the other characters, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

Apparently the movie will be released under the 'Paramount Animation' banner, according to IMDB & Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramount_Animation

While looking through Paramount Animation's Wikipedia page, I see their next feature is a film called 'Wonder Park' which will be released in March 2019.. Possible we might see a teaser for the Sonic movie then?

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

I hope we see the design of Sonic much sooner than that. Perhaps an Entertainment Weekly spread?

Or a convention reveal, or a new reveal trailer in a batch, or just a sudden announcement like the cast additions, or...

ok, to be honest, i just want something as early as we can get it to spare any potential pain, or to sustain discussion

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Until I don't see casting announcements for Tails, Knux and Amy, I don't believe anything, but I think they are in the movie, even if in a small role. Or maybe Sega wants this to be Sonic & Eggman only, because they want to market the other characters for potential sequels? I hope these 3 appear in this one though.

If Sonic's driving a car, uh

S-Sonic still runs fast, right?

Nice to see a traditional Sonic logo on the movie equipment, though, considering how different everything else is surrounding it so far

Regarding fan reaction: I understand that the fans were complaining about Green Hill town because they are sick of the same stuff, but they also complain about the whole thing being live action even though it's new and a unique take on Sonic, because it's radically different with some cool easter eggs like the name Green Hills, rings in the plot, the use of the name Robotnik again. I understand why fans are scared of live action, even though I hate the comparisons to other videogame movies. But in the end it all comes down to the movie's quality, I agree, and honestly fan reaction has gotten a lot better with recent news! I'm so glad people are warming up to it, the fact that it's different and unique is what makes me excited! I'm also reassured by Patrick's words that they want to stay faithful to source material though, at the same time, and that Sonic is gonna be the protagonist and not Tom. The cast is also the point of strenght IMO , particularly Ben Schwartz and Jim Carrey, as well as McDonough, and the people working on it who made Deadpool and Fast and Furious, it's just so reassuring to me that the film is in good hands. Can't wait to see a trailer!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Myst said:

Sonic driving a vehicle? In the movie? Not likely since the only time Modern Sonic even rode a vehicle was in the racing games (okay that one time in Generations, but still). It's more likely Dr. Eggman. I know but they could be doing a CG Eggman, I mean doesn't a vehicle match Eggman more than Sonic.

But wait, where's the Eggmobile? Does Eggman use vehicles early on in the film before switching to the Eggmobile? Or maybe he only uses the Eggmobile in combat to power his creations, then to seem like a well known scientist with no world domination plans he would use normal vehicles.

I don't know I just can't wait to see the trailer when it releases.

• Thumbs Up 2

The vehicle in those still shots has some front end damage, so this is probably part of an action sequence. The driver is likey a green suit stunt double for one of the cast members (as opposed to a lookalike stubd double).

• Thumbs Up 2

Has "Green suit stunt doubles" ever been a thing? Because that green suit has the silhouette of a snout just like Sonic's head 

7 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Has "Green suit stunt doubles" ever been a thing? Because that green suit has the silhouette of a snout just like Sonic's head 

I see no snout, just a hoodie hole for the guys face so he can see. If that was supposed to be Sonic they probably would have found someone much shorter to wear the suit.

As for it's implementation, it's probably cheaper to go the traditional route with stunt doubles (costume and make up to match the actor) but it's worth noting that a movie like this already has cgi and animation experts on the pay roll so that barrier of entry is gone. Just a backwards green screen. Instead of photoshoping a background behind a person you Photoshop a person into a background. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It can be 2 reason to use green guy in the scene.

1.The scene is too dangerous and need to see actor face in the frame

2.Actor can't drive.

Hmm maybe it is Sonic? :) on the third picture it kinda looks like James Marsden is sitting next to the green guy in the car. Or am I just seeing things lol. 

5 hours ago, The Deleter said:

If Sonic's driving a car, uh

S-Sonic still runs fast, right?

Someone on another site I visit was thinking maybe the whole road trip premise (Sonic looking for his missing rings) possibly meant that the source of Sonic's speed in this movie could be his rings.

Could the premise of this movie be Sonic LOSING his speed and needing his rings to get it back?

Gulp.

Patrick shuts down the haters hating the movie because of Sonic needing a friend. He makes a great point about GOTG and the entire theme of that movie being about friendship and family.

2 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

I see no snout, just a hoodie hole for the guys face so he can see. If that was supposed to be Sonic they probably would have found someone much shorter to wear the suit.

As for it's implementation, it's probably cheaper to go the traditional route with stunt doubles (costume and make up to match the actor) but it's worth noting that a movie like this already has cgi and animation experts on the pay roll so that barrier of entry is gone. Just a backwards green screen. Instead of photoshoping a background behind a person you Photoshop a person into a background. 

The actual actor's height doesn't matter when it comes to Mocap:

3180800_guide_jpeg_jpeg99c45a59721d00ca4

8 hours ago, Myst said:

Not an minivan, it's an SUV. The green SUV in the picture is an 1st gen Volvo XC90 (2003-2015) .:

2005_Volvo_XC90_%28P28_MY05%29_2.5_T_wagon_%282011-11-18%29_01.jpg

It's seem like the car had some damages on the front end. That probably mean that the main characters will be involved in an car chase. Could that be Sonic driving the car? Really odd for him driving an normal car.

Oh, BTW, another set photo.:

A0B0B3F4-C22F-479B-B891-80BFD4C51667.thumb.jpeg.f8ea63021398d355c403093296450c86.jpeg

9 hours ago, Myst said:

Is that Sonic.. DRIVING A MINIVAN!? 

sonic-movie12-2.jpg?resize=768,545

sonic-movie10-2.jpg?resize=768%2C548

sonic-movie13-2.jpg?resize=768%2C512

mY SOniC DrIVinG A CaR??? Unacceptable!!!

(now excuse me, i'll play ASRT)

• Chuckle 1

Having Ben Schwartz do the voice of Sonic is fine, especially after hearing his voice as Leo in TMNT. It’ll be interesting to see a new take on Sonic, though I’m not sure why Roger couldn’t do it. Busy schedule? 

I still don’t think this is going to be very good btw. But I am looking forward to seeing Jim Carrey as Dr Eggman! 8D

• Nice Smile 1

Dann, imagine an action sequence like this but with Sonic and the Chaotix instead of Bumblee and Badniks instead of Deceptions *drools*

I could also see Sonic and friends working with GUN in potential sequels. Maybe as a compromise/agreement for them going after him, he agrees to help them and he becomes an honorary member of the Special forces to help them take down extraterrestrial and Eggman robots 

• Thumbs Up 3