Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

38 minutes ago, Razule said:

Forget being too fast to need a car, Sonic's too young to drive, and doesn't have any pockets to hold a license

Huh. Weird that Progressive would agree to give him insurance.

• My Emmerdoods 3

I stand by the idea myself this movie is probably going to be solely sonic. With maybe......maybe a few seconds of tails and knuckles but everything points to just sonic being on the run/trying to stop eggman himself. Pretty sure this is not going to be a sonic, tails knuckes, chaotix amy rose story.

There's another photo of Marsden smiling as the green screen actor gets in the car. You can also see Marsden in the passenger seat as the car speeds by. I'm willing to bet it's Sonic, but I'd love to be wrong and it be Metal Sonic instead, kidnapping Tom.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Myst said:

There's another photo of Marsden smiling as the green screen actor gets in the car. You can also see Marsden in the passenger seat as the car speeds by. I'm willing to bet it's Sonic, but I'd love to be wrong and it be Metal Sonic instead, kidnapping Tom.

It's definitely Sonic then. Question is, why is Sonic needing a car?

To go fast. I have a bad feeling the whole 'Road trip to recover Sonic's rings' premise implies he loses his speed in the movie and is looking for his rings to somehow get it back.

I don't want to see Sonic DRIVING down a highway, (Though I admit it's a funny idea) I want to see him RUNNING down a highway, outrunning police cars (Like in Sonic X) semi trucks (Like in SA2) and other vehicles at incredible speeds.

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

Why is everyone assuming it's Sonic? It could easily be an Eggman robot hijacking a car.

Maybe that's Eggman himself and the car is the movie version of the Egg Mobile

1 minute ago, Razule said:

Maybe that's Eggman himself and the car is the movie version of the Egg Mobile

Eggman is a live-action role.

3 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Eggman is a live-action role.

Maybe it's a stunt double and they're going to digitally put Jim Carrey's body on him.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Myst said:

To go fast. I have a bad feeling the whole 'Road trip to recover Sonic's rings' premise implies he loses his speed in the movie and is looking for his rings to somehow get it back.

I don't want to see Sonic DRIVING down a highway, (Though I admit it's a funny idea) I want to see him RUNNING down a highway, outrunning police cars (Like in Sonic X) semi trucks (Like in SA2) and other vehicles at incredible speeds.

Aw, hell no!  They better not go the route of "hero losing their power" on his FIRST movie where we should be experiencing Sonic for the first time on the big screen. It would be beyond dumb to cripple Sonic in this movie and turn him into Tom's uh, ET who he hides from the Government.

I'm hoping it's just a funny scene of him wanting to ride in a car because "we don't have those things in my world" maybe midway through the drive, Sonic hops out the window and speeds past the car 

• Thumbs Up 1

B333EE21-C156-4CBB-95CE-07962EEFE43C.jpeg.acbdb6984be8b34c0568c07120c0f198.jpeg

Is this me, or did I just saw an California license plate? I know it’s kinda hard to see it, but the plate looked really similar. The car doesn’t seem to have an BC license plate or an fictional place license plate.

A1B63041-5092-487B-AC06-23FBAB4D1161.thumb.jpeg.240154130bfdff67654842a424341517.jpeg

E6883111-4ECB-49D2-A208-F38278C9F989.thumb.jpeg.b12ee8ed19a7b2837169e2010dd5dd45.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Is this me, or did I just saw an California license plate? I know it’s kinda hard to see it, but the plate looked really similar. The car doesn’t seem to have an BC license plate or an fictional place license plate.

A1B63041-5092-487B-AC06-23FBAB4D1161.thumb.jpeg.240154130bfdff67654842a424341517.jpeg

If you still remember the plot posted by Collider, it said.

Marsden will play a small-town cop from South Dakota who ends up going on a road trip to San Francisco with Sonic the Hedgehog as they race against the evil Dr. Robotnik (Carrey) to recover Sonic’s rings. Pally will play a fellow cop, while McDonough’s role remains under wraps.

Maybe this scene was set in San Francisco. 
Hey, if it is to be San Francisco, it must have an iconic slopy road, as in City Escape.

If you still remember the plot posted by Collider, it said.

Maybe this scene was set in San Francisco. 
Hey, if it is to be San Francisco, it must have an iconic slopy road, as in City Escape.

Wishful thinking but what if during the car chase, we get an updated version of City Escape by Crush 40?  Can you imagine how crazy the audience would be?

• Fist Bump 3

I can see a story where Sonic loses his rings, which do give him power, and possibly slowly losing his speed? So we still get to see him being fast, but there's also the looming plot of him losing his speed?

30 minutes ago, Razule said:

Less powers means more time to focus on Tom's romantic side-plot 

They confirmed that keeping Sonic as the main character was "very important to them". I don't think we have to worry about Tom being the main focus of the film. So many CGI/live-action movies have made that mistake, and I don't think they're too keen on following in their footsteps. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

9 minutes ago, Lahsuwu said:

They confirmed that keeping Sonic as the main character was "very important to them". I don't think we have to worry about Tom being the main focus of the film. So many CGI/live-action movies have made that mistake, and I don't think they're too keen on following in their footsteps. 

Hopefully we start the movie from Sonic's POV.  Maybe Chaos Control causes him to end up in our world 

• Thumbs Up 1

He makes a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic was smaller with black eyes like his old design. Patrick Casey also said he's much more of a fan of the classic games 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

He makes a good point. I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic was smaller with black eyes like his old design. Patrick Casey also said he's much more of a fan of the classic games 

We'll have to wait to see. 

They cover the Green Hill sign. I assume they cover it just to protect it from the rain. The sky looks very dark and cloudy.

Source of the Instagram post.:

The shirt that Jeff was wearing remind me of Crush 40.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why is everyone assuming these things? It's supposed to be action comedy, and obviously there will be bits of drama, the "love story" is likely that Marsden and Sumpter will have to work together to help Sonic in whatever shenanigans happen and feelings will start to grow between them, it could work. As for the rings... I hope it's like SatAM with power rings and X where rings give Sonic a spin dash, but he can still run without them.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

I think it'd be harder to make a movie about Classic, as Classic is mute and there's very little story to go by in those games. While Modern is a lot easier and would translate better to a film.

• Thumbs Up 1

If they want to make it a realistic thing Modern works absolutely best. I don't even think Classic fans would like it, they only like him in classic games like Mania. Plus, remember... We have a voice actor, and Classic Sonic doesn't talk!

• Thumbs Up 2

Who said he would be Classic Sonic exactly? His design would be based on classic- that doesn't mean he will be him. That's like saying MCU Hulk is a a cannibal because it took elements from the Ultimate comics. No, it's a new interpretation that takes elements from different versions. In this case- Classic Sonic's design 

And besides- Classic Sonic does talk. Sonic Underground,  Sonic OVA, SATAM etc. He's been talking wayyy before Sega made the creative decision to have him mute in Generations

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1