Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

41 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

We may see them in the opening scene showing the events that lead up to Sonic ending up on Earth. Kinda like Man of Steel's intro:

Maybe a 6 or 7 minute intro set entirely on Mobius 

That would seem a little too reminiscent of the Smurfs movies. Start off in a magical land accurate to the source material, then plop title character into real world.

I think it would be more interesting if Sonic's appearance in Green Hills is shrouded in mystery. Eggman should be from Earth. (I'd like to see him be a normal scientist who suffers some sort of accident that changes him into the Robotnik we know..)

Maybe the worlds will merge at the end of the film, ala Sonic X? Angel Island could suddenly appear over New York, teasing Knuckles for the sequel.. Maybe introduce Shadow?

I can just picture a scene in the trailer going something like this..

-Sonic is in holding cell talking to Tom-

Tom: So you're telling me there's others like you out there?

-quick cuts of Shadow in New York, Chaos Controlling inbetween Police Officers firing at him, and using Chaos Spears to blow up cop cars-

Sonic: ..You could say that.

But I'd really like this to be an 'origin' story of sorts for all the characters. Have this be the first time Sonic meets Eggman..

Though I'm sure Sega had a lot of mandates to follow so I'm getting my hopes up..

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Kazhnuz said:

I'm not surprised about the use of two world, and not unhappy either (not just because I like this setting). The alien/from another world route is the more logical for the movie, and I like the idea of having the same basic concept for the Sonic universe in every canon (and differentiating them with other points). What's funny is that is might be the first time where every adaptation of Sonic will have a really similar setting like that xD

I wonder if the fact that they are more leaning toward two world (tbh even if it date 2010, it's only recently that it's really affecting the universe… even if it might be because it's only now that they are doing a game with a real story) in the canon is related to the movie project.

And also I kinda think it’ll be executed differently than in IDW & TSR, given the language they use to describe Sonic. No big magical warp tunnel in the sky, and the implication is that the human world’s a ton closer to ours than the one that has Spagonia and that warp tunnel. (Imagine TWO human worlds; one that’s more or less ours and another more like the one in the games.)

I still want this this to be like Bojack Horseman.  Where both humans and anthros co-exist and we just accept it.  I mean, that premise has potential to shoehorn a ton of cameos wondering around.  And fans can play spot the character.  "Hey look, its Charmy and Espio in the background eating at that diner."   "OMG they added Tangle?!  Wow, wasnt expecting that!"

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, Myst said:

That would seem a little too reminiscent of the Smurfs movies. Start off in a magical land accurate to the source material, then plop title character into real world.

I think it would be more interesting if Sonic's appearance in Green Hills is shrouded in mystery. Eggman should be from Earth. (I'd like to see him be a normal scientist who suffers some sort of accident that changes him into the Robotnik we know..)

Maybe the worlds will merge at the end of the film, ala Sonic X? Angel Island could suddenly appear over New York, teasing Knuckles for the sequel.. Maybe introduce Shadow?

I can just picture a scene in the trailer going something like this..

-Sonic is in holding cell talking to Tom-

Tom: So you're telling me there's others like you out there?

-quick cuts of Shadow in New York, Chaos Controlling inbetween Police Officers firing at him, and using Chaos Spears to blow up cop cars-

Sonic: ..You could say that.

But I'd really like this to be an 'origin' story of sorts for all the characters. Have this be the first time Sonic meets Eggman..

Though I'm sure Sega had a lot of mandates to follow so I'm getting my hopes up..

If they were gonna go that route, I think it would best be saved for an ending cliffhanger scene and not spoiled in the trailer tbh. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of their worlds merging but how would humanity react to that? Humanity has always feared those that are different from them, so it would be interesting to see how mankind reacts to the sudden mass emergence of anthropomorphic animals across the globe. Maybe you could even tell a Zootopia type story with anthros basically being second class citizens in the sequel, fighting for equal rights. There would obviously be humans supporting Mobian rights as well "Freedom Fighters" anyone? You could tell a very interesting story. Certain Mobians like the Chaotix team could be hired by GUN as bounty hunters. Same for Shadow whenever he's introduced 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

I hope the soundtrack has a similar vibe/theme as Tron Legacy:

Skip to 0:50. Almost like an 8-bit orchestra tone. I think it would really help the Sonic movie standout as unique 

Kickass 2 is another good example

• Thumbs Up 2

Imagine if by the second movie, there's a plot twist where Mobius is revealed to be Earth but thousands of years into the future and somehow, they were split about years ago by some crazy accident. That would be a huge Wtf moment 

3 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Imagine if by the second movie, there's a plot twist where Mobius is revealed to be Earth but thousands of years into the future and somehow, they were split about years ago by some crazy accident. That would be a huge Wtf moment 

Well, that would give ol' Kenny-boy satisfaction..

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

I found this article of how Ben got the role to play as Sonic.:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2456782/ben-schwartz-really-fought-to-play-sonic-the-hedgehog

Hate how these articles always start off with a small jab at the series. 'Sonic's seen better days' or 'The franchise isn't what it used to be' or 'Sonic's had a rough time since the jump to 3D' Ugh. As if Adventure 2, Heroes, the Advance games, the Rush series, Colors, Generations, All Stars Racing, ASR Transformed & Mania never happened. (Not to mention the stellar comic book series) 

'06 was over 10 years ago people! Get over it!

• Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Myst said:

Hate how these articles always start off with a small jab at the series. 'Sonic's seen better days' or 'The franchise isn't what it used to be' or 'Sonic's had a rough time since the jump to 3D' Ugh. As if Adventure 2, Heroes, the Advance games, the Rush series, Colors, Generations, All Stars Racing, ASR Transformed & Mania never happened. (Not to mention the stellar comic book series) 

'06 was over 10 years ago people! Get over it!

And Forces was last year

Gonna need some more Mania-tier games before that disappears. It won't matter if 06 was 30 years ago if Sonic Yeet came out yesterday

11 minutes ago, Razule said:

And Forces was last year

Gonna need some more Mania-tier games before that disappears. It won't matter if 06 was 30 years ago if Sonic Yeet came out yesterday

Boom was 4 years ago, and TSR is still in the cooker...

Forces was what every Sonic fan demanded.

Sega put some sweet vocal music in, (which has been absent since 2010) A new 'Edgy' villain, an attempt at a more serious narrative, they even appeased the DA people by allowing you to make your own fursona. And to keep the 'Sonic was only good in 2D' crowd happy, Classic Sonic returned. Iconic villains like Metal Sonic made a reappearance, there was a DEATH EGG stage, Oh, and Shadow was playable as well! The game had good graphics and followed the Generations gameplay style that was already well recieved.

Was it perfect? No. But Forces was not a bad game. (Sega already said the game was a financial success for the company) The fans just love to complain. It's somehow 'hip' these days to complain about Sonic.

Just now, Myst said:

Forces was what every Sonic fan demanded.

Sega put some sweet vocal music in, (which has been absent since 2010) A new 'Edgy' villain, an attempt at a more serious narrative, they even appeased the DA people by allowing you to make your own fursona. And to keep the 'Sonic was only good in 2D' crowd happy, Classic Sonic returned. Iconic villains like Metal Sonic made a reappearance, there was a DEATH EGG stage, Oh, and Shadow was playable as well! The game had good graphics and followed the Generations gameplay style that was already well recieved.

Was it perfect? No. But Forces was not a bad game. The fans just love to complain. It's somehow 'hip' these days to complain about Sonic.

I'm sure you know the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none"? Forces failed to deliver on many things. But I digress, as us all.

Right now, the movie seems a little iffy, but I can see where certain things come into play, like the two worlds bullshit SEGA is mandating. Though, this movie seems to have a funny way of handling it... Of course, we still have no real plot details, so I'm holding off on that.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Not much to see here unfortunately, but just some trucks and some filming equipment.

DmDJGZjUwAA4ysO.jpg

A light setup is pointing in the woods. I guess that there must be a scene of Sonic running in the wood, just running or was chased by hi-tech G.U.N/Eggman mechs. Or it could be hidden lair for our antagonist.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah Mobius as future Earth seems like a good concept, but I just don't want Ken Penders to have that glory...

Plus you guys are aware that he would sue the creators of the movie? :P

What if this is some kind of prequel to the modern dimension Sonic's adventures before his version of Sonic 1? This is how Eggman learns how to travel to Sonic's World and eventually finds out about the Chaos Emeralds

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Flirty Jack said:

Yeah Mobius as future Earth seems like a good concept, but I just don't want Ken Penders to have that glory...

Plus you guys are aware that he would sue the creators of the movie? :P

That or hell sue if his skunk and ORIGINAL echidna characters show up.

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:15 AM, Polkadi~♪ said:

I'm sure you know the phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none"? Forces failed to deliver on many things. But I digress, as us all.

A lot of people use this phrase to describe the game, I've seen, to be honest they are right. It was really disappointing, but it had a lot of good concepts and ideas, plus SEGA was trying to appeal to all fans, which is probably why they failed, they tried to listen to everyone, and included too many stuff and it became a mess: Classic Sonic, old zones, old villains, serious narrative, Deviant Art, vocal themes, boost gameplay, Wisps, etc. IMO Classic shouldn't have been in the game, so they could have focused on the other gameplays, although I don't like boost anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1