Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Construction of the Green Hills filming set in Ladysmith begin tomorrow which is today, with filming begin on the 14th there.

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, the more I think about it, the better that Jim Carrey as Eggman sounds. Of all the actors in Hollywood, he's one of the few I think could pull the role off, and no matter the quality of the final product he is definitely going to be one of, if not the best parts of the movie.

• Thumbs Up 5

This might be kinda unrelated, but I looked at some of the writers’ Instagram posts, it’s seem that they are in currently in Vancouver which I’m assume they are there for the filming. Is it normal for writers to go to filming locations? They seem to be at the place where the movie is filming.

Oh, one of the writers liked and featured one of my works on his post. I feel so happy!:

• Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Is it normal for writers to go to filming locations? They seem to be at the place where the movie is filming.

Don't forget the fact that they ain't just scriptwriters, they're "screenwriters". Which mean they write how the scene actually happens, including what, when, where, talking script, situation description, etc. So sometimes, screenwriters would like to see their creation happening or to supervises the scene.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, Jim Carrey is definitely the most precious addition to the movie, but do you think he will stick around? I hope so, actors usually sign a contract of multiple movies when they get the job, the first one and a couple of sequels, since we do know Paramount wants this to be successful so they can make it a movie franchise. Marvel actors also sign for a bunch of other movies, and TV actors sign a contract of 5-6 seasons at first. So I'm hopeful, but IF Carrey does step down someday (and if the movie gets enough success to have sequels), I have a couple of ideas on how to keep Eggman somehow:

Spoiler

1. Have him change his face/look, since Eggman will likely become a wanted criminal after his plans in the first couple of movies, he will want to mask himself. This way we can keep the same character.

2. Introduce another variant of Eggman, perhaps Eggman Nega?

3. Have his legacy be passed to another Robotnik, maybe his daughter or nephew, I think a female Robotnik would be really cool.

In cases 2 and 3, the original Eggman would have to die honestly, but anyway I hope it doesn't come to this and we keep Jim Carrey.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here is the video of CTV News Vancouver Island reporting on the construction of the Green Hills filming set in Ladysmith, if anybody wanted to see.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

14 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

So, Jim Carrey is definitely the most precious addition to the movie, but do you think he will stick around? I hope so, actors usually sign a contract of multiple movies when they get the job, the first one and a couple of sequels, since we do know Paramount wants this to be successful so they can make it a movie franchise. Marvel actors also sign for a bunch of other movies, and TV actors sign a contract of 5-6 seasons at first. So I'm hopeful, but IF Carrey does step down someday (and if the movie gets enough success to have sequels), I have a couple of ideas on how to keep Eggman somehow:

Hide contents

1. Have him change his face/look, since Eggman will likely become a wanted criminal after his plans in the first couple of movies, he will want to mask himself. This way we can keep the same character.

2. Introduce another variant of Eggman, perhaps Eggman Nega?

3. Have his legacy be passed to another Robotnik, maybe his daughter or nephew, I think a female Robotnik would be really cool.

In cases 2 and 3, the original Eggman would have to die honestly, but anyway I hope it doesn't come to this and we keep Jim Carrey.

Robotink's nephew eh?

9c8b0e778136f92868714d11bb6a86b0_400x400

• Thumbs Up 3

Found some more info about the filming set in Ladysmith and this catch my eye.:

Rumour has it that a big fight scene takes place right outside on First Avenue. Some of the most dramatic scenes are expected to take place Sept. 20-23 including a controlled car flip and fire ball.

Source: https://www.ladysmithchronicle.com/news/ladysmith-storefronts-transformed-for-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie/

Here is an look of the sheriff dept. logo. This seem to confirmed that Green Hills is actually located in Montana instead of South Dakota. 

Here is another look of it.:

65D5DD74-CC65-4A1C-8BD6-C6601BFA0C33.thumb.jpeg.9e5877ba9c8fb1504bd0a682c0040237.jpeg

The source of the image that I took came from an video from this website.

Source: https://www.cheknews.ca/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-transforms-ladysmith-into-film-set-486668/

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

I wonder who is throwing fire balls 

Eggman's mech. maybe. The flipped car can be mean his mech is really huge.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Razule said:

Crossover-prequel with the upcoming Illumination Mario movie

Or Blaze is in this for whatever reason. Probably as the stinger.

• Fist Bump 1

28 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Or Blaze is in this for whatever reason. Probably as the stinger.

Highly doubtful. If you're making a Sonic movie for all audiences, it's better to use the characters that are well known instead of getting into the side characters.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Highly doubtful. If you're making a Sonic movie for all audiences, it's better to use the characters that are well known instead of getting into the side characters.

Now if they were just to use the base cast (Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Metal Sonic, Chaos, Orbot and Cubot) and Blaze as the only other character outside of them it would be fine. As they could explore her backstory in the sequel like Shadow, possibly. As for Shadow I definitely see him for a mid or after credits scene.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Now if they were just to use the base cast (Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Metal Sonic, Chaos, Orbot and Cubot) and Blaze as the only other character outside of them it would be fine. As they could explore her backstory in the sequel like Shadow, possibly. As for Shadow I definitely see him for a mid or after credits scene.

A part of the plot involving Shadow could happen. Though, I cannot see any tangible way he would be included.

Now, on a side note, why are we shooting for the stars by saying “This’ll be in the sequel” and so on, even though we only have one movie? I can’t see this spawning a film franchise, only maybe spawning one sequel, and that’s if SEGA is really willing to give the go-ahead on that, for they still own the franchise IP and thereby have the final say.

20 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

A part of the plot involving Shadow could happen. Though, I cannot see any tangible way he would be included.

Now, on a side note, why are we shooting for the stars by saying “This’ll be in the sequel” and so on, even though we only have one movie? I can’t see this spawning a film franchise, only maybe spawning one sequel, and that’s if SEGA is really willing to give the go-ahead on that, for they still own the franchise IP and thereby have the final say.

Well, I mean, if the first movie is successful- all parties involved will want a follow up. We know Paramount wants a franchise out of Sonic so Sega likely does too. They can ride off the contrails of a successful movie franchise that offers a much wider exposure of Sonic and strengthens the brand. Plus Schwartz and Carrey are probably signed for a 3-movie contracts anyway just in case the Studio wants to do a sequel.

Shadow is definitely going to be in any potential sequel, being ad popular as he is, that's something I could see Sega pushing and Paramount wanting to capitalize on his popularity. He's basically the Venom of the Sonic franchise, they could give him his own solo movie if they wanted to.