Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

If the film was coming this year, it would have been confirmed by now, I feel. This leads me to believe it is a 2015 or 2016 project.

I think this film wold take place after the Boom cartoon's first season, that in mind. If not after the full run.

Still fake, I'm sure of it.

If anything, I don't want it to be real because I know it'd be an easy thing to fuck up.

Sony registering it is kind of a big deal, though. Doubly so given their efforts to make video gam films have been on steroids this past year.

Still fake, I'm sure of it.

If anything, I don't want it to be real because I know it'd be an easy thing to fuck up.

I don't think the question is rather or not the news is real as much as rather it will yield any results.  Domains are often registered anywhere from months to years in advance of their original purpose, and the fact that these domains were registered by Sony themselves seems to be pretty genuine.  The question is, will anything actually come of said deal or will the domains eventually expire without any further news?

• Thumbs Up 1

Tara is correct. It could just be in the talks process, and expecting it will take some time given how these things go, they registered the domain to be safe.

Not a bad idea since SEGA has had to acquire Sonic domains in the past. In one case I know about, the domain holder was ice enough to give it for free. In other cases, purchasing a domain or even going to court would be necessary. Better to pay the small fee to grab it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit!

It might just be term of phrase or a collection of Boom episodes but... oh wow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow...this is actually happening. There may be a Sonic movie very soon. O__O

The question is, will it be a Boom or SEGA Sonic movie?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow...this is actually happening. There may be a Sonic movie very soon. O__O

The question is, will it be a Boom or SEGA Sonic movie?

At this stage, I'd be really suprised if they made a move based on SEGA Sonic over Sonic Boom. Boom isalready covering TV ground, so for them to flip it back to SEGA Sonic for the silver screen would be all kinds of confusing.

And so the official Sonic website just updated. One of the new sections (currently unavailable) is called 'TV & Movies'

14206598370_1a0ed9136b_c.jpg

The site doesn't look like that for me. It looks like this:

ZQlY2Lg.png

The site doesn't look like that for me. It looks like this:

ZQlY2Lg.png

Clear your cache, perhaps?

14370498436_00a989772e_b.jpg

Unless they've pull the site and I'm the one who now needs to clear their cache tongue.png

Oh also, the original Boom site is gone, replaced with this one. And also worth keeping an eye on is this. This is where www.sonicthehedgehog.com was redirecting to until about half an hour ago, and it looked like the updated page I've posted a picture of.

Wait. Have they pulled the site? 

No it works fine for me.

As for 'TV & Movies', maybe feature-length Boom episodes?

If there is an actual movie (not Boom related) in the works then I highly doubt SEGA would so blatantly state this on their site without an official announcement. 

It's always looked like that for me, so...

Oh also, the original Boom site is gone, replaced with this one. And also worth keeping an eye on is this.

The two boom links go to the same place for me, and the third doesn't work.

If there is an actual movie (not Boom related) in the works, then I highly doubt they would so blatantly state this on their site without an official announcement. 

SEGA: Masters of Secrecy

14389881971_9e97005c8c_o.png

• Thumbs Up 6

Exactly the same problem here.

The first link takes me to a picture of Sonic and some floating rings with the text "Oops this page doesn't exist yet.

I made a mistake in the second link. Have now corrected it in my previous post and here it is.

And the third link (http://stage.sonichedgehog.sega.com/) doesn't work any more, you are correct. I posted it because for a brief while it's where  http://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/ was redirecting to, thus showing me that new site (but even http://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/ is now showing me the new site)

I'm getting this.

Yeah, that's what I've got too. Not sure why other people aren't getting it yet.

Could depend on location. There was a time I had to change host on a small forum I ran, and some guys could see it instantly, mostly those in Europe. I had to wait 24 hours before I could see it myself. lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Marza's are doing the animation?

YUSH.

Live action hybrid?

Nuuuuuuuuu.

I'm really not sure....what about Boom?

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh god, this is terrible. This probably means it's not Boom related. But good bloody grief this is really really bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Live action hybrid?

Bloobler wasn't enough?

Just

just cancel it

you don't need the three dollars you'd get in ticket sales

• Thumbs Up 1