Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

On 9/15/2018 at 6:41 AM, Myst said:

As excited as I am for this movie, I know what you mean. Using San Fransico instead of a well known location from a Sonic game (Station Square, Empire City, Star Light, Speed Highway, Westopolis) was a real missed oppourtunity.

We haven't seen any red biplane on set. Nobody with a 'G.U.N' logo on their uniform. And the car chase is with a blue pickup truck. (Total missed oppourtunity to include the semi truck from 'City Escape')

They're still filming though, so let's not panic just yet.. We'll just have to wait and see.

It would be awesome if Eggman shows up driving THIS in the car chase though..

hqdefault.jpg

After having decided on a live action & CGI mix, choosing some mundane US town as the setting, pairing Sonic with a human (AGAIN) and going (AGAIN) for a character redesign, it'll have to do something borderline of a miracle to get my interest back. For now, I'm having serious Sonic Fan Film flashbacks from all this.

I think that even if the movie tanks at the box office (it's quite possible), it will only increase Sonic's popularity and knowledge, I can't think of the other way around.

11 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

I think that even if the movie tanks at the box office (it's quite possible), it will only increase Sonic's popularity and knowledge, I can't think of the other way around.

I just want this to actually hit theaters.  I don't even care if it gets negative reception from critics from their advance screenings.  So much progress has been made beyond the pre-production phase and I honestly didn't think that would ever happen.  The fact that were seeing daily updates of it being shot is almost surreal to me and we have the front seat of watching the behind the scenes thanks to insiders around its production posting pics on twitter.  Ive never in my life followed a film's progress like this and its an experience Im glad that we're all able to share together.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 2

39 minutes ago, a knothole resident said:

I just want this to actually hit theaters.  I don't even care if it gets negative reception from critics from their advance screenings.  So much progress has been made beyond the pre-production phase and I honestly didn't think that would ever happen.  The fact that were seeing daily updates of it being shot is almost surreal to me and we have the front seat of watching the behind the scenes thanks to insiders around its production posting pics on twitter.  Ive never in my life followed a film's progress like this and its an experience Im glad that we're all able to share together.  

I know that feeling. All these set fotos and even videos now. It's happening dude!

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Myst said:

That old dude looks suspiciously like Jim Carrey in makeup. The photographer who took the photos seems to think so as well 

7 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

That old dude looks suspiciously like Jim Carrey in makeup. The photographer who took the photos seems to think so as well 

No, I don't think thats Jim...

Maybe it's Eggman in disguise? Trying to blend in with the townsfolk while searching for Sonic?

Or it's not Jim Carrey at all. Hard to tell.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

No, I don't think thats Jim...

I think it is. There's another photo of him getting out of the police car. It looks just like him, just in old man makeup and he's even wearing the fat suit. I doubt they would have Tom interacting with some random old guy extra who stands out like a sore thumb. 

I guess we'll see soon as more photos come out 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Instagram post clearly states it's James Marsden.

Don't just take the pictures for face value, because Marsden isn't exactly young.

6 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Don't just take the pictures for face value, because Marsden isn't exactly young.

Who mentioned Marsden's age?

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Who mentioned Marsden's age?

Everyone mentioned "Oh, maybe Jim Carrey is made to look old from makeup?"

No, this is just James Marsden with no makeup.

8 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Uh, both Jim Carrey and James Marsden are there. They mean the old man standing next to the police officer looking guy. I don't think James Marsden is that old

22 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

I'm genuinely confused as to what you mean no offense Haha. Do you mean people were calling Marsden old?  Because he obviously isn't as old as the old guy he's arresting. And Marsden is not wearing makeup either 

23 minutes ago, Myst said:

That can't be Eggman. Remember when the storyboard artist for the film posted this a few months ago? 

Dg6Dky0V4AEkOVl?format=jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/DouglasEinar/

It's probably just a random citizen of Green Hills. 

As many said with the Sonic one that guy made. It could have just been a placeholder for the storyboard boards. Even the sketch artist said that Sonic (and presumably Eggman) aren't the movie designs. 

Also, you have to remember that this may not just be an origin story of sorts for Sonic, but for Robotnik as well. He could start out looking like that and end the movie closer to what he looks like in the games and those storyboards. Character arcs, dude.

1 hour ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

James is 44 years old, and he will turn 45 tomorrow, which is the date of his birth. 44 is still an young age.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Marsden

1 hour ago, Myst said:

Maybe it's Eggman in disguise? Trying to blend in with the townsfolk while searching for Sonic?

Or it's not Jim Carrey at all. Hard to tell.

Could be some random old man sleeping in Tom's car. I'm not sure if that's actually Jim in that picture. His face looks familiar.:

DnUrFbjU8AEACw6.jpg

Jim_Carrey_2008.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, that guy really doesn't look like Jim Carrey. And he sure as HECK doesn't look like Eggman.

If it is, though...hoo boy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1