Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

45 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I completely forgot about that as TOMY did reveal some stuff from Sonic Boom Season 2 (in toy form) as well as revealing toys for Team Sonic Racing at the New York Toy Fair (before the game was even announced) for the past 2-years.

So it's likely the same this time around for the Sonic movie. That is if TOMY is involved this time around. Also come to think of it New York Toy Fair also was where the Indoraptor from Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom was revealed in toy form (earlier this year).

Yeah plenty of reveals happen at Toy Fair.

Disappointed we haven't seen a single totem pole on set. I understand they can't use loop de loops and be believeable, but a few totem poles scattered across the town could be considered 'decorative' and a nice reference to the original stage.

It seems like Green Hill, but in name only. They're not really trying to cleverly throw in little Easter Eggs referencing elements from the stage, they're just using the name and that's it.

For example, the businesses. Why not have a bar called the 'Star Light' lounge? 

They need to incorporate music from the games in this somehow too. And no I don't mean just a 30 second sample of 'Green Hill Zone' during the final battle and that's it. I wanna hear Chemical Plant, Star Light, Death Egg Robot (even if the Death Egg Robot isn't used in the movie, the music should play during the final battle)

6 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Ben Schwartz was doing facial mocap for Sonic. Which suggests his face may be a little more expressive than we're used to

I love when cast just hangs out and actors have fun with each other. It's really warming! And I experienced it with some tv shows filming as well.

1 hour ago, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Not really. Mocap is used for non-human characters all the time. Rocket Raccoon is mocapped.

Full body motion capture. Facial Mocap is an entirely different thing. Sonic's face is mapped to the actor and usually when that is the case, the face of the character is synced with whoever is wearing the tracking dots. Look at Hulk, Thanos, Doomsday, Steppenwolf, Bay Turtles, Ultron etc. They were all given humanoid faces to better implement the actor's performance into the character.

ninja_a.jpg

avengers-age-of-ultron-2015-1513016035.j

Notice how Bradley Cooper is NOT wearing tracking dots when he's doing the performance for Rocket? 

maxresdefault.jpg

Just sayin... Don't be surprised if we end up getting a face closer to this

4n3tuqkdi1511.jpg 

Really interested to see what we end up getting in this movie. 

5 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

NYC/Station Square is definitely where the big final battle will take place 

I always thought that since Station Square had palm trees and is near a tropical location that it was LA.

Thanks! Since the movie will set in San Francisco, I imagined Sonic speeding through the Golden Gate Bridge, while the CHP try to catch him. So, I ended up making this. 

I'm not sure why they are filming in NYC for? Maybe using the city as an stand in for SF? Or maybe an scene where Tom, Tika, and Sonic somehow accidentally ended up in NYC?

Anyway, I'm starting to think that Sonic's friends might not appear in the movie. That's an shame. Maybe they will appear in the end? I don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see.

4 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Thanks! Since the movie will set in San Francisco, I imagined Sonic speeding through the Golden Gate Bridge, while the CHP try to catch him. So, I ended up making this. 

I'm not sure why they are filming in NYC for? Maybe using the city as an stand in for SF? Or maybe an scene where Tom, Tika, and Sonic somehow accidentally ended up in NYC?

Anyway, I'm starting to think that Sonic's friends might not appear in the movie. That's an shame. Maybe they will appear in the end? I don't know. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Oh I hope we get a glimpse of Tails and Knuckles.