Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I stopped after "hybrid of CG/Live Action".

2.jpg

Sound familiar to anyone?

Are you fucking kidding me? Wouldn't animated have been the ideal way to go, since it's a series that mainly consists of Anthropomorphic Animals? Would it have really been to much to ask for that, whether it be CG in vein of Night of the Werehog, or hand drawn animation? 

I'm sorry, but I can not get behind this, and it's very hard to comprehend. Jesus fucking christ, Sly Cooper will be animated and this is what we're getting? I REALLY do not like the sound of this at all.

Just..... fuck you Hollywood. 

Welp, not even annoucned for an hour and already I hate this movie. I expect nothing good to come from this, SIGH.

Seriously the Ratchet and Clank movie is comming out in full CG NEXT YEAR and studios still feel the need to do shit like this? Damn it aint right

• Thumbs Up 4

At first I was happy when I've heard that Marza is working on it but when they said that it's also live action my interest dropped like a rock.  

There is no hope if it's part live action. You can say "give it a chance, you gotta wait for more, yadayadayada" all ya want, but let's be real. It is going to suck. I would love to be wrong, but it is unfortunate that I'm not. This film should die before it's born. 

• Thumbs Up 4

No doubt this will be another reboot/origins type thing, so we'll have three different branches of Sonic on the go - SEGA Sonic, Sonic Boom, and movie Sonic. Yay?

The sad thing is though, with it being part live action, that means Eggman will probably be played by a human and therefore cannot be voiced by Mike Pollock (unless they dub everything). Sonic and co would still be able to retain their voice cast though, assuming they don't go for bigger name celebrities.

I got excited at Marza, but then lost it at live-action.

Now I only wonder/dread whose going to be play Eggman. And no, I highly doubt Sony would be smart enough to get Mike Pollock to play him.

it's gonna be that generic film...

*sigh*

eggman's probably gonna make some sort of portal which takes the characters to the human world and they crash some guy's house who's life tumbles down because of them/gets worse because it was already bad

• Thumbs Up 3

There is genuinely no good to come form this being live action. Fuck this. I'm well out until more news comes along.

• Thumbs Up 4

*reads the details*

Think my reaction is best summed up as follows.

7Xhgq5e.gif

Normally i'm pretty optimistic for these but man knowing that its going to be a live action/animated hybrid is a real downer for me.

No Mike Pollock, no sale for me. How dare they exclude THE Eggman! But seriously, no live action. Please.

Sony: Yeeeeesh...soon we will destroy what remains of the Sonic Franchise, and DOMINATE THE PLATFORMING MOVIE GENRE!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! AND WE HAVE SEGA TO THANK FOR IT!

Aight, y'all, place your bets, which celebrity are they gonna pick for a supporting role and who will they play?

inb4 Charles Hamilton as Knuckles.

Aight, y'all, place your bets, which celebrity are they gonna pick for a supporting role and who will they play?

inb4 Charles Hamilton as Knuckles.

Teh_Eggman_by_SMSSkullLeader.jpg

I'm sorry, I had to do it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Roger Craig Smith for Sonic probably. He voiced Sonic in Wreck It Ralph after all.

This is going to be partly live action, huh...

... Well, I'm not one who would be all "OMGWTFDISISRUINED4EVA!!11!" in response to things (because that's just kinda dumb), but this does seem a bit iffy. For now, I'll just do the smart thing and suspend all opinions on the movie until some visuals and other information is revealed. The way I see it, there is just no point in "acting da foo'" over stuff that you haven't actually seen just yet.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't understand the point of this not being all in CG. Unless SEGA are cheapskates and don't want to spend all the modeling money.

Something horrible has entered my mind.

These types of movies always, always, always feature some unlucky everydude who takes the limelight off of the supposed main characters.

Do you know what this means?

Chris.png

WE'RE GONNA HAVE THIS LITTLE SHIT BACK WITH US

• Thumbs Up 1