Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I'm just going to say it's kinda silly to bring up his political leaning it's not like Eggman is going to turn to the camera and tell you why Trump is bad or anything. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I really hope they confirm Tails. It sounds like a fair bit is being held back for upcoming announcements and I hope Tails gets a solid confirmation in those announcements. Otherwise, I guess I’d be content if whatever else they announced sounded cool anyway :) If the first film does well there’s tonnes of hope for the sequel to have more characters so I’ll be going to see it at the big screen.

(Also I really like James Marsden which helps :D)

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, caitash said:

I really hope they confirm Tails. It sounds like a fair bit is being held back for upcoming announcements and I hope Tails gets a solid confirmation in those announcements. Otherwise, I guess I’d be content if whatever else they announced sounded cool anyway :) If the first film does well there’s tonnes of hope for the sequel to have more characters so I’ll be going to see it at the big screen.

I'm sure he will at some point. Wasn't there a brief synopsis a while back saying the film was to include "Sonic and his friends"? If there's one character that fits that bill then its Tails.

I'm expecting Tails and Knuckles at least with maybe Amy as well as a cliff hanger ending teasing Shadow for the second movie - because that's Hollywood these days.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, caitash said:

Hopefully Knuckles too!

3 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

Yes, that is unrelated.

Why are you posting it here if it has nothing to do with the Sonic movie?

Because it means less competition for the Sonic movie 

• Thumbs Up 1

Found some info.:

I don’t know where the pictures of those Instagram videos come from. I had never seen those before. So, I asked the guy if those videos were actually taken at the filming set of the movie.

Also, apparently, there were some filming there in SF for the movie. I guess filming haven’t been done yet. They were probably done filming the scenes in Vancouver.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, elves are involved now?  Perhaps a bunch of lean-overs from the cancelled King of the Elves?  And raccoons...

MARINE CONFIRMED!

• Thumbs Up 2

Who could it be, that Mobian who I did see, could you help me guess, this mystery? 

This Mobian was shown as a flying drone, hovering in a straight line between buildings, after a brief takeoff from mid-air. They launched themselves from one building before landing on the side of another, seemingly aiming for a wall.

- As sung by Tangle.

38 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Who could it be, that Mobian who I did see, could you help me guess, this mystery? 

This Mobian was shown as a flying drone, hovering in a straight line between buildings, after a brief takeoff from mid-air. They launched themselves from one building before landing on the side of another, seemingly aiming for a wall.

- As sung by Tangle.

This some sort of riddle?

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

This some sort of riddle?

Indeed so. I’d like to figure out who the glider is.

2 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Hmm.. I do wonder if fans will have a fit if Sonic ends up having his eyeball separated into 2. 

I'm not sure since we're all used to him having both connected for the past 27 (28 next year) years, so separating them probably wouldn't be the best move. But for the more realistic approach that may have to be changed, then again they may not even change that part of the character. But I think it'll be a minor thing as they could just do some white fur or something. I don't know how they'd do it though. Plus if other hedgehog's like Shadow appear (1st film unlikely), then they'd have to do the same for them. Unless it's Amy, which for some reason has 2 separate eyes compared to Sonic, Shadow and Silver.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Hmm.. I do wonder if fans will have a fit if Sonic ends up having his eyeball separated into 2. 

What?!

3 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

I'm not sure since we're all used to him having both connected for the past 27 (28 next year) years, so separating them probably wouldn't be the best move. But for the more realistic approach that may have to be changed, then again they may not even change that part of the character. But I think it'll be a minor thing as they could just do some white fur or something. I don't know how they'd do it though. Plus if other hedgehog's like Shadow appear (1st film unlikely), then they'd have to do the same for them. Unless it's Amy, which for some reason has 2 separate eyes compared to Sonic, Shadow and Silver.

Well, they'd all have separated eyes but it wouldn't be a huge change. Especially if they put white fir in the spaces between both eyes as a substitute like that fan art 

• Thumbs Up 2

IIRC, Knuckles’ glide ability gradually loses height the longer the distance travelled, so I’m thinking either some sort of badnick or possibly Tails (might be a bit big for Tails, though, however I’ve no idea if an oversized drone is no problem for SFX artists to edit out etc)

Or.......its just capturing ariel footage.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually doubt that separated eyes would be particularly noticeable; Sonic's brow is so furrowed that there's barely a join at all.  Putting white fur in the space to simulate the eye join is really silly, and looks pretty bad, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

If it's a drone so high in the sky it's probably an Eggman ship, a badnik or Tails.

4 hours ago, caitash said:

IIRC, Knuckles’ glide ability gradually loses height the longer the distance travelled, so I’m thinking either some sort of badnick or possibly Tails (might be a bit big for Tails, though, however I’ve no idea if an oversized drone is no problem for SFX artists to edit out etc)

Or.......its just capturing ariel footage.

The drone was probably used for filming ariel footage.

• Thumbs Up 1