Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

6 hours ago, I Love Sticks said:

If it's a drone so high in the sky it's probably an Eggman ship, a badnik or Tails.

I highly doubt its Tails.

I drove past the filming in SF.  I honestly wished they needed extras but it was just for an action scene it looks like.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

I drove past the filming in SF.  I honestly wished they needed extras but it was just for an action scene it looks like.

Wow. Lucky. At least you get an glimpse of the set. 

Anyway, I found this picture of Cream who is in somewhere in Thailand that SmezMorePrakezz made. Nice work! I could imagine how Cream could look like in an realistic environment if she was in the movie.

D74F333C-482F-4872-9F2C-5E0C8C5E0207.thumb.jpeg.13dc40be7d4aec4c894b847efb43b1bc.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I know its not much, but witnessing this happen was incredible.  Ive always dreamt about a Sonic movie but to actually watch it being filmed in my area was just surreal.  I missed the helicopter landing on the Salesforce tower though.  Good thing someone filmed and posted it.  Overall, Im glad we'll actually see the REAL San Francisco depicted in the movie. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Is anyone else assuming that we're going to get a live action Escape from the City in this movie? Because I totally am. Such an iconic scene AND they're filming in SF? It's gotta be happening.

Also, this is released one year tomorrow! Maybe (but doubtfully) we'll get a glimpse of Sonic or Eggman? That would be a nice treat!

• Thumbs Up 3

There's only one thing I'm hoping out of this movie...

And that's that "They Call Me Sonic" better show up in some way, shape, or form.

• Thumbs Up 2

Id say anything is possible at this point.  Its now up to the CGI animators to add whatever and hopefully some of them are Sonic fans where they sneak in little nods to the franchise in general. 

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

This has nothing to do with the movie. Can you please stop posting irrelevant content. 

How, this is irrelevant? The guy who made this picture mentioned the release date and #SonicMovie. Yea, I know this isn’t official and had nothing to do with the movie and the plot, but I just want to posted this nice little fan made picture. Also, this picture made me imagine how Sonic and his friends could look like in the live action scenes. Sorry, if you kinda get annoyed.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

I agree with Alexios. It's a nice pic CaptainRobo, but it has nothing to do with production of the movie. No offense.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Alexios31 said:

It has nothing to do with the movie. 

I know, but you could have said it in a nicer way instead of sounding bossy as if you are a mod (P.S., you're not.) 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I know, but you could have said it in a nicer way instead of sounding bossy as if you are a mod (P.S., you're not.) 

If that is bossy then I feel sorry for you once you hit the real world.

5 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

It has nothing to do with the movie. 

4 hours ago, Myst said:

I agree with Alexios. It's a nice pic CaptainRobo, but it has nothing to do with production of the movie. No offense.

Well, ok, I guess I will stop posting these, if you want me to stop. Sorry about that.  

Anyway, here is the confirmation of two more actors joining the cast.:

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

If that is bossy then I feel sorry for you once you hit the real world.

Yeah, but you were kinda acting like a mod (which, again, you're not). If you have an issue with this, you could always PM the mods to step in instead of taking matters into your own hands and make yourself not well-regarded. Backseat modders never prosper.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/3/2018 at 2:07 AM, Blacklightning said:

Yes, that is unrelated.

Why are you posting it here if it has nothing to do with the Sonic movie?

Just to let you know that how Frozen 2 new release date might impact the Sonic movie. Sorry for the late response.

To be fair, doesn't it fall into the realm of speculation since it was about the movie and he mentioned how it could be how Sonic looks in the movie?

Considering that were in the post-production CGI phase, do you think we should tweet out to Jeff Fowler and suggest certain characters for the FX artists add in?  Not as main characters cause the film is already shot, but as background characters and cameos.  Obviously, we need the core characters.  Tails, Knuckles and Amy, but having other characters wandering around from the games, comics, and cartoons would be a nice love letter to the fans.  I know It seems a bit extreme, but this is such a rare opportunity to where I think its worth a shot.  Thoughts? 

• Fist Bump 1

2 hours ago, a knothole resident said:

Considering that were in the post-production CGI phase, do you think we should tweet out to Jeff Fowler and suggest certain characters for the FX artists add in?  Not as main characters cause the film is already shot, but as background characters and cameos.  Obviously, we need the core characters.  Tails, Knuckles and Amy, but having other characters wandering around from the games, comics, and cartoons would be a nice love letter to the fans.  I know It seems a bit extreme, but this is such a rare opportunity to where I think its worth a shot.  Thoughts? 

That won't be possible if Sonic is an alien to have other aliens just walking around in the background. And it would require months of CG work to render new models from the ground up and balloon the budget. You could try but I highly doubt it 

• Thumbs Up 3

19 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

That won't be possible if Sonic is an alien to have other aliens just walking around in the background. And it would require months of CG work to render new models from the ground up and balloon the budget. You could try but I highly doubt it 

My assumption is that if Sonic ends up going back to his home world or if Tom gets transported there at the end, there should be other characters there to occupy the scene.  I think in such a rare opportunity where nobody thought a Sonic movie would happen, after 27 YEARS of waiting, its at least worth a try.  We now have communication platforms that we never knew would exist today to reach out to the production team and voice our thoughts.  Twitter seems to be the most logical since everyone including people in entertainment are the most responsive there.  It would be a small victory to be in a packed theater and watch everyone point out their favorite main/obscure characters just wandering around in the background.  Plus considering how saturated this film is with generic humans, at this point, just having short second cameos would honestly suffice at this point. 

Twitter info in case anyone wants to reach out:

Director Jeff Fowler: @fowltown

Paramount Pictures: @ParamountPics

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2018 at 11:22 AM, PublicEnemy1 said:

Yeah, but you were kinda acting like a mod (which, again, you're not). If you have an issue with this, you could always PM the mods to step in instead of taking matters into your own hands and make yourself not well-regarded. Backseat modders never prosper.

YOU are acting like the mod trying to dictate what other posters post. Put me on ignore because I'm tired of you. Seriously give it a REST! Me and Robo have cleared it up yet YOU are still meddling it nothing. STOP for the sake of humanity. Just stop.

24 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

YOU are acting like the mod trying to dictate what other posters post. Put me on ignore because I'm tired of you. Seriously give it a REST! Me and Robo have cleared it up yet YOU are still meddling it nothing. STOP for the sake of humanity. Just stop.

Wow. I mean, you're right, but you didn't have to explode at me there.