Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Like seriously Sony's producing 2 awesome looking FULL CG Video Game movies (Rachet and Sly), WHY THE FUCK DID THEY NOT TAKE THAT DIRECTION FOR SONIC?!?! UGH. Not at all excited for what will most likely be a piece of stupid trash. 

If only the locations and scenery are live action then that's okay. But please don't have a repeat of Sonic fan film....

TSSZ suggests the situation may be worse than we feared...

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/06/10/confirmed-sony-to-produce-sonic-movie-series-sega-sammy-owned-marza-involved/

That's right, not just one Sonic movie. But one every year.

Oh god.

OH JESUS CHRIST NO. NO......

*bashes head against a wall repeatedly*

.....why SEGA. Why in the hell did we need this? We have Boom, isn't that enough? Hell, I would have let one movie slide, but not a yearly thing!

This is the best idea for the worst game to movie adaptation since ever.

• Thumbs Up 8

You guys just can't stop with the negativity.

What is there to be positive about? Stuff like this always fails horribly in the end and looks weird. The only film to do this right was Roger Rabbit, and that was about humans interacting with actual cartoons. This film may as well be directed by Michael bay and have most of the focus be on the human who finds the anthros, with Dr. Eggman as some international spy against the American military. Because at this point there's nothing salvaging this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hopefully the only live action parts are the backgrounds. Like the characters in front of a forest or something....

We've had no plot revealed yet, no character models, no pictures, no nothing...

Y'know, I'm just gonna wait until more is revealed officially.

Right...I just read the article...hmmm....22 Jump Street producer...hmm, not bad....will focus on a Sonic protecting his friends from their enemies...okay....right...this might not actually...be that bad?

I know I probably sound really crazy right now, but honestly, I had the same reaction when The LEGO Movie was announced. The film turned out to be a massive hit, and I loved it. I think that with the right penning, this could be a good movie....series. Yeah still not sure about the yearly thing at all.

In fact, on the subject of the yearly thing...

Also had another thought: What if this is supposed to tie in with the main Sonic series to give it more depth?

Why couldn't it just be a CG tie in movie to end the first season of Sonic Boom?

In fact, that would have the "1 a year" plan make sense!

So placing all bets people. Will this be Ninja Turtles or Smurfs in art style? There is no third option other than death; there's no other mercy available.

Maybe it'll be like the adventure games where it takes place on Earth and the characters rarely interact with the humans, but the story centers around the cartoony animals?

Roger Craig Smith has just tweeted the article on his Twitter page - perhaps he's just sharing the news, or maybe it's suggesting he has some involvement?

Maybe it'll be like the adventure games where it takes place on Earth and the characters rarely interact with the humans, but the story centers around the cartoony animals?

Doesn't matter, I want my Sonic movie to be a cahtoon, no halfway bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 3

You guys just can't stop with the negativity.

I'm going to remember this when they have Amy dancing to Call me maybe and have Eggman constantly mess up pop culture refrences.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm going to remember this when they have Amy dancing to Call me maybe and have Eggman constantly mess up pop culture refrences.

You literraly killed a piece of me when you said that.

• Thumbs Up 1

500px-Soleanna_guards.png

Those were the days, eh?

• Thumbs Up 3

This...sounds like shit. I was actually quite excited when they mentioned Marza, meaning this is going to be a SEGA!Sonic movie.

Then I notice it said live action hybrid and my expectations have come crushing down. What the hell? Do you we REALLY want another Alvin and the Chipmunks or another Smurfs? Or even worse, that Sonic fan film? Sony?!

Huh, partly live-action? Excellent! I can dig that!

iM7jEfeLigRA1.gif

The Sonic Fanbase right now.

Thoughts: 

I have always believed that if Sonic were to get a movie, a live action adaptation would be the absolute worst possible route to take. This announcement fills me with a feeling of 'Oh god, this is going to end BADLY.' I wanna be proved wrong... but after horrors like The Smurfs, Alvin & The Chipmunks and other 'kids characters' given the live action treatment, this is going to take some major talent to pull off.

...Ok so who is gonna play Eggman?

• Thumbs Up 1