Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I will admit, what we've seen these past few days has been a bit... disconcerting for me. Seeing Sonic with such... weirdly human limbs isn't how I hoped he'd look.

But despite all this, I'm still going to wait for a trailer before I drop this movie like a hot potato. While we know a lot about what the movie is going to be like, it doesn't get across how all of these ideas are executed.

That said, I respect your opinions and understand where you're coming from with them.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like the idea for the poster. It reminds me of some of the Spider-Man Homecoming posters.

But the legs, man...

Also, put some socks on, Sonic >_>

• Thumbs Up 9

12 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

No.  Don't say that. The Sonic franchise can redeem itself, it just needs to be run by more competent people.

Mania 2. Only Mania 2 will be able to heal the franchise after this movie.

God those legs are gross.

• Thumbs Up 5

8 hours ago, SonicWind said:

I will admit, what we've seen these past few days has been a bit... disconcerting for me. Seeing Sonic with such... weirdly human limbs isn't how I hoped he'd look.

But despite all this, I'm still going to wait for a trailer before I drop this movie like a hot potato. While we know a lot about what the movie is going to be like, it doesn't get across how all of these ideas are executed.

That said, I respect your opinions and understand where you're coming from with them.

The design feels strange to me, what we can see anyway.

Yeah, like I've been saying, I'll just wait for the teaser trailer to come before any final decision.

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Dude needs to listen to his own advice lol

Dude I'm so high. What timeline is this??? What happened while the SSMB was down??!! WTF Ken Penders...

9 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

It's not the 90s, sure but that's what put Sonic on the map and mad him cooler than Mario. There's a reason why Sonic was on MTV back then. He was always considered edgier and cool, the rebellious teenage attitude is just part of that. It carried over into the early to late 2000s. The Pontaff Sonic is a Spider-Man-wannabe imo, making lame quips and childish remarks. Gone is the swagger that made Sonic so unique, glad this movie is bringing it back to that: when Sonic was just an edgy teenage Hedgehog 

Can you just explain what is edgy about writing wuz on something in 2018?

Because something tells me this isn't on the same wavelength as...

Anyone alive in 2018.

• Thumbs Up 6

This guy claim that he was in the Comic Con in Brazil where Sonic teaser was shown. He said this pic is the closest to the Sonic that he saw.

• Thumbs Up 4

6QclmFS.jpg

Who the hell doesn't wear socks with their shoes?! A active runner wearing no socks isn't realistic or logical. This nonsense feels like it is trying it's absolute hardest to get Sonic's design wrong on purpose. Also those legs are WAY to far apart to actually be connected to his small body.

20 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

Can you just explain what is edgy about writing wuz on something in 2018?

Because something tells me this isn't on the same wavelength as...

Anyone alive in 2018.

Lol really? Because ppl use abbreviated words all the time. There's nothing outdated about it.

As for how it's edgy? Idk maybe it's the fact that he's graffiting landmarks, doing what he wants and being free from the Law. 

26 minutes ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

This guy claim that he was in the Comic Con in Brazil where Sonic teaser was shown. He said this pic is the closest to the Sonic that he saw.

That looks great!

• Thumbs Up 3

12 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Yup, it's real

Nobody wants to admit it, but there is a LOT of potential for this movie to clean up at the box office. And I want it to succeed no matter what

I do like this one. It reminds me of Sonic Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

So can we finally put the bug eyes to rest?

Not until we have proof. We have no reason to trust anything.

.. Is Paramount fucking with us.

If THAT is the closest this person saw, it looks almost NOTHING like the poster. Is just... Sonic the semi-Werehog.

Like... Where is the beady hedgehog eyes? This person says that is the same but smaller.... What is going on. Did the people from the Brazil event saw a totally different design from the sillouette?! Because the fact that they liked it so much makes me really freaking curious.

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

The dude on Reddit who saw the teaser said Sonic look like this

oqeMtoI_d.thumb.jpg.7bc732ac1440ba0541a01571c094d37d.jpg

This I can agree with. But no gloves? Well then he better have all-white hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Not until we have proof. We have no reason to trust anything.

Yes, we do have proof. Everybody who saw the footage said he had the classic face. And this guy actually is Brazillian and he has no reason to lie. 

5 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Even if that's how it looks it still looks ugly, the proportions are still completely out of whack.

6 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I do hope the face looks like that.

After we see the face with our own eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PeterPancake said:

Yes, we do have proof. Everybody who saw the footage said he had the classic face. And this guy actually is Brazillian and he has no reason to lie. 

Proof is not mere words from some random 3rd party dude online. It has to come from at least the company itself for us to trust words alone. Otherwise we need legit pics to believe anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, pppp said:

Even if that's how it looks it still looks ugly, the proportions are still completely out of whack.

But still, at least it's still Sonic in the face. He said the eyes are very detailed and realistic, though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I mean, I'm still wondering why his pupils stick out enough to be visible in a silhouette.

• Thumbs Up 5

This is so fucking suspicious now cuz... I refuse to believe that people who saw the highway teaser saw the same thing as this sillouette. CUZ THEY LIKED IT.

• Chuckle 2
  • Fist Bump 1