Jump to content
Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Recommended Posts

No trailer during the Super Bowl. Not surprising, since movies that releasing in the Fall, were never advertised during at that time. Guess, we probably have to wait till March to see the first trailer. I feel like the tweet that the official Sonic Movie Twitter posted kinda teased when the trailer will be releasing. What if we get our first trailer on the day when Sonic and the Black Knight was released? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Also, we could get our first look of Sonic at the NY Toy Fair. It is starting in the next two weeks.

https://www.toyfairny.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

No trailer during the Super Bowl. Not surprising, since movies that releasing in the Fall, were never advertised during at that time. Guess, we probably have to wait till March to see the first trailer. I feel like the tweet that the official Sonic Movie Twitter posted kinda teased when the trailer will be releasing. What if we get our first trailer on the day when Sonic and the Black Knight was released? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Also, we could get our first look of Sonic at the NY Toy Fair. It is starting in the next two weeks.

https://www.toyfairny.com/

I literally just said this a few pages back with a video and an article to go along with it. But I'll just go ahead and post the video here again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the writer, Patrick Casey, also responded to another question. One fan asked him, if Sonic’s friends will appear in the movie. Patrick respond by saying that they have to wait and see. I think they will eventually probably appear. 

Also, Alexios31, I know. I was thinking there might be a possible chance that Sonic’s reveal could happen there. Who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look if we're going to talk about fan mock up designs we may as well link some more here with some stuff I don't remember seeing talked much about here.

 This is cute. The first one reminds me of 80s/90s character designs from Nelvana and Disney at the time. 

15490555874232069405629253338662.jpg 

1549055613294699276330993025010.jpg 

Look at this dude. I'd watch a movie about him. 

Also, I know this is a big troll of a tweet, but... 

 

 

I really love how SquigglyDigg draws him. I'd hang out with this dude. Besides, she has to deal with upset Turtles fans who don't like Rise (for silly reasons like April being black now, oh shock and horror) so the Sonic shit is nothing new to her at all. 

 

 

And I mean. He's fun to look at. Really fun to watch even. Also, Blur animates characters with so much personality even with motion capture footage. I think even if the movie is a flop that it will be some fun to watch. 

Then again, I'm a mad scientist of an artist. And like a great woman in a Spider-Man movie said, "I just can't wait to watch." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LongcrierCat said:

Look if we're going to talk about fan mock up designs we may as well link some more here with some stuff I don't remember seeing talked much about here.

 This is cute. The first one reminds me of 80s/90s character designs from Nelvana and Disney at the time. 

15490555874232069405629253338662.jpg 

1549055613294699276330993025010.jpg 

Look at this dude. I'd watch a movie about him. 

Also, I know this is a big troll of a tweet, but... 

 

 

I really love how SquigglyDigg draws him. I'd hang out with this dude. Besides, she has to deal with upset Turtles fans who don't like Rise (for silly reasons like April being black now, oh shock and horror) so the Sonic shit is nothing new to her at all. 

 

 

And I mean. He's fun to look at. Really fun to watch even. Also, Blur animates characters with so much personality even with motion capture footage. I think even if the movie is a flop that it will be some fun to watch. 

Then again, I'm a mad scientist of an artist. And like a great woman in a Spider-Man movie said, "I just can't wait to watch." 

The left one is really great. I hope his face looks like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Wait and see the no without the immediate backlash.

Quite possibly.

Then again, if he had said yes, he'd immediately be hit by questions of which characters, which if answered in turn would likely prompt a lot of mourning about how ugly they're going to look.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, SXSW teased something Sonic related. There will be announcement for that tomorrow. You think we will finally get a trailer there?

 

Any idea when this “announcement” is happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know someone's already posted this but this was my initial feeling on what Sonic would look like based on that teaser image. The green beady eye which would obviously be surrounded by white fur.

Maybe this doesn't actually look *too* bad? I mean if this is  what we did end up with. A game style design would blatently be better though.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!

IMG_20190206_143425.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr Ryan said:

I know someone's already posted this but this was my initial feeling on what Sonic would look like based on that teaser image. The green beady eye which would obviously be surrounded by white fur.

Maybe this doesn't actually look *too* bad? I mean if this is  what we did end up with. A game style design would blatently be better though.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!

IMG_20190206_143425.jpg

Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

I know someone's already posted this but this was my initial feeling on what Sonic would look like based on that teaser image. The green beady eye which would obviously be surrounded by white fur.

Maybe this doesn't actually look *too* bad? I mean if this is  what we did end up with. A game style design would blatently be better though.

I guess we'll find out soon enough!

IMG_20190206_143425.jpg

I'm not fond of it but I could easily see it being close to the final result. The only reason I'm personally not too sure of it is the constant dialog I hear around how they want Sonic to be very expressive and right now this pic doesn't sell me on a great deal of expressive range. That, and it just doesn't feel thematically in line with the silhouette to me. It feels to fragile in comparison to the build of the silhouette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doubting that we'll see any of Sonic's friends show up. Paramount wants to make sequels, and well, it wouldn't be smart to throw all the shit at the wall at once and leave nothing left for those sequels.

Of course, that's also operating under the assumption that they have any fucking clue what they're doing so maybe I'm being too generous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

Of course, that's also operating under the assumption that they have any fucking clue what they're doing so maybe I'm being too generous. 

Far as I can tell all Paramount really wants is the brand recognition to make a quick buck off of with sequels in the pipeline if they succeed at that from the get go. Other than that they really have no care for the source material despite everyone involved speaking to the contrary to try and sell more tickets, so don't be surprised if they try to use "Easter Eggs" and "Sonic's friends" as bait to lure you in. Honestly, I kind of wish they were more honest with that but that isn't how you sell tickets so it will never happen.

Speaking of selling tickets, that's the part of the movie where I feel like they don't have a clue what they are doing following SEGA's recent examples of Sonic advertising. It's a horrible approach and being so self depreciating before you even have anything to show for it doesn't make a lot of sense. Even Sony with Venom embracing the memes around the movie to advertise wouldn't have worked if the movie hadn't already spawned those memes while being a successful ticket seller. Right now Paramount just seems unsure of their product and like they have no faith in it. I may not like what they are selling myself, but darn it would go a long way for them if they took pride in their product and advertised with such. Right now they are just being self depreciating with the creative staff talking about the movie being aloof or defensive and it just doesn't look good to me. I hope they turn this around soon since I don't think relying on negative word of mouth to create curiosity to fill seats in the hopes of people liking what they see and spreading the word to fill more. Any publicity maybe good publicity but I think hype sells more tickets than dread and morbid curiosity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.