Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

2 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

From the studio that brought you failing to market a Star Trek film while having a 50th anniversary.

Did that really happen? Sorry, I'm not a Star Trek guy.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

May does sound like a good time to release a trailer.

BTW, I found these.:

It's a sad day when someone is DELIBERATELY hoping that a movie is bad/garbage. I thought we all wanted this movie to prove us wrong? Smh.

Yes, Jakks is probably making the merchandise for the movie. I wonder what happened with TOMY, though. The last thing I got from them was that 6 inch collector's edition classic Sonic figure and I absolutely loved it 

23 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

It's a sad day when someone is DELIBERATELY hoping that a movie is bad/garbage. I thought we all wanted this movie to prove us wrong? Smh.

Some people are actively boycotting it, out of desire to signal their displeasure with the design (as if anyone hasn't gotten the signal by now).  While that is their prerogative, we have to remember which franchise this is and how the world will react. 

A Sonic movie flopping won't signal to them that the redesigned Sonic was a bad idea.  It won't signal to them that video game-based movies tend not to be good, even though that is a widely held opinion.  It won't make them conclude that instead, the Sonic movie should have been fully animated and utilized more elements from the game. 

No, because this is Sonic, it doing badly will just revive now-standard charges that the Sonic franchise is rotten to the core, and we don't need that.  I will partake in the mockery of this film based on what we know so far, but since it's happening I still hope for all the series' sake that it is good.

1 hour ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Some people are actively boycotting it, out of desire to signal their displeasure with the design (as if anyone hasn't gotten the signal by now).  While that is their prerogative, we have to remember which franchise this is and how the world will react. 

A Sonic movie flopping won't signal to them that the redesigned Sonic was a bad idea.  It won't signal to them that video game-based movies tend not to be good, even though that is a widely held opinion.  It won't make them conclude that instead, the Sonic movie should have been fully animated and utilized more elements from the game. 

No, because this is Sonic, it doing badly will just revive now-standard charges that the Sonic franchise is rotten to the core, and we don't need that.  I will partake in the mockery of this film based on what we know so far, but since it's happening I still hope for all the series' sake that it is good.

Right. A Sonic movie bombing would only do damage to the brand overall since a movie Is a HUGE deal. It seems uhhh, ridiculous to boycott and hope for this movie to fail based simply on a design but that's their prerogative. 

I've been on the Sonic movie train since 2013 when Sony registered the domain on their website. I'm gonna see this thing to the very end, for better or for worse. I've always dreamed of Sonic getting the Avengers treatment

52 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Right. A Sonic movie bombing would only do damage to the brand overall since a movie Is a HUGE deal. It seems uhhh, ridiculous to boycott and hope for this movie to fail based simply on a design but that's their prerogative. 

I've been on the Sonic movie train since 2013 when Sony registered the domain on their website. I'm gonna see this thing to the very end, for better or for worse. I've always dreamed of Sonic getting the Avengers treatment

It's gonna get the Woody Woodpecker treatment at best, pal.

26 minutes ago, Jango said:

It's gonna get the Woody Woodpecker treatment at best, pal.

Woody Woodpecker isn't as big an icon as Sonic.  Despite being Universal Studios' mascot, he's a standard mischievous funny-animal who was never able to get out of Disney's and Warner Bros' shadows, and now that whole cartoon genre is all-but dead.  Sonic was designed with that mold in mind but he broke out early on and stayed relevant due to video games being so much more healthy a media than television these days.  Of course, that also means his failures are a lot more noticeable than Woody Woodpecker's.

4 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Yes, Jakks is probably making the merchandise for the movie. I wonder what happened with TOMY, though. The last thing I got from them was that 6 inch collector's edition classic Sonic figure and I absolutely loved it 

I feel for you, man. It's just that people feared that the movie will be bad because of Sonic's design seen on the teaser posters. 

Regardless, I will still see it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the movie will be like. I think it's still going to be fun and interesting.

Yup, he also did scores for Mad Max: Fury Road, Tomb Raider, Mortal Engines, Run All Night, 300: Rise of an Empire,  Black Mass, The Amazing Spider-Man 2,  Point Break,  The Dark Tower, Divergent, and Alita: Dark Angel, which recently came out in theaters.

He also did compose scores for several EA games like such as NFS: Underground and NFS: Pro Street.

1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Considering that Junkie XL has also done some remixes, could we see him remix some older Sonic tracks? Or something like “I Can Go Supersonic”? Maybe he’ll even jump to the games, which also recently had the London Symphony Orchestra.

Oh, I think I’m going to love his music for the movie. Some of his songs were featured in some of the Burnout games.:

So, BTW, I found this audio interview with Junkie XL. I think he talk briefly about Sonic. This is what he had say. Skip to 39:07 to hear it.:

Well I can't say too much about it except that I'm working on it. I can say that it is an extremely funny movie. It has a completely different character and language than what I am used to working on. I can say 2019 is going to be a very exciting year.'

http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=19352

That's a safe bet because all movies and trailers have comedic elements (thankfully). The movie can still be badass and funny. 

Anyway, Junkie XL joining is fantastic news! Seriously guys, joke how much you want that the movie is gonna suck, but every bit of news we get is amazing, and yet you panic for a silhouette. I don't know you, but I'm more excited than anything about recent games we had.

10 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, I found this, I don’t know if this is real. Could be fake. Do you guys prefer if this was his design? I kinda like it. He looked like the same Sonic we know from the games.:

That's definitely a drawing.