Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

And on another note, while it was brought up - I too would like to see Sonic as a popular media icon again, but I want to see the proper series represented as that. If our approach is basically taking any kind of complete shit that’s handed to use in some vain hope it’ll make Sonic but not even really Sonic popular, why on Earth would I want that?

For all we know, depending on the quality of the movie, it could harm Sonic more than anything, especially if you’re hell bent on looking at the short term instead of the long term. Back in 2010, you could argue Bayformers was popular, and yet in 2019, Bayformers is a fucking joke, widely disliked, bar the original which gets by on notes of being dumb, but fun at least, and shall we note some of the things Bayformers is well known for now, such as having Transformer genitals in full view of the camera and focused on, Megan Fox being memed to hell and back, the annoying as fuck comic relief and the bland as hell human protagonists? Really? This is your benchmark of what you want Sonic to be remembered for 5 to 10 years from now?

How about the fact that less then ten years later, Bayformers finally backfired and caused a massive backlash that practically forced a reboot and a desperate attempt by Paramount to make something good, and accurate to the source material, only for it to be too little, too late for a lot of people?

But even better, given that the series was stripped of all unique aspects to be given a bland human cast, and a mundane as hell setting that’s been done over and over and over again - the real irony is I have my doubts that by the time this does release, it’ll even stand out. The age rating is too high for younger fans, while older fans are going to have far more competition for what they intend to see, especially during the November, December period. In November alone, it’s going up against Frozen 2, Kingsmen, and Terminator. Better yet - we’ve seen posters floating around for certain areas that it’ll release in December, in which it then has to compete with Star Wars Episode 9. Ironically enough, the last movie to do that being Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 of all things during The Force Awakens’ release, and that killed that series in its tracks. 

In short, if this twisted version of Sonic is going to be the multi media icon we’re hoping for, it’s no wonder certain people want to see it fail. I think they’d rather have the charming, interesting and unique version of the character as said icon, as opposed to the version that had to be cut, twisted and rid of the aspects that made the franchise unique in the first place. 

And for the record, I was one of the people who was excited for Boom and liked it. But the key difference there is while Boom changed things, it still made an effort to be a recognisable twist on the actual main series, and payed its respects to the main series as well. It didn’t just strip Sonic of all the details that made the series unique, it carried them over and changed them in new ways that still made it interesting. I’m sure if Boom’s synopsis was the same boring crap we got for the movie, people would’ve been calling that dead on arrival as well.

• Thumbs Up 6

I was watching Nick at Nite and just saw an ad for the 2019 Kids Choice Awards.

I suspect if we don't get a trailer for the Sonic movie with HTTYD3 this week, we will DEFINITELY get one then. I haven't watched the KCAs in many years, but I recall in years prior the KCAs used to debut trailers for new and upcoming family films during the commercial breaks. (Basically it's Nickelodeon's version of the Super Bowl) 

Years ago, the 1st trailer for The Rugrats Movie was shown at the KCAs, (which was still nine months away from release at that point, a movie which was also released in November like Sonic will be) I also recall seeing the 1st TV Spots for Big Daddy and a number of films that were still a long time away from release in theaters.

Since Sonic is a Paramount movie, and Nickelodeon is a subsidary of Paramount, yup, we'll definitely see something. I just know it. 

• My Emmerdoods 1

Okay I wake up and madness happens on twitter with a few posts. 

My thoughts:

The cartoon has nothing to do with the Movie, I think, it's got more to do with Mania Adventures IMO.

The passion by the cast is awesome. But obviously they are working on the movie so you can't take them as proof that the movie will be great.

Idk guys, I woke up and I'm excited again about the movie, lol, I really can't help but being excited and nervous and scared, it's just me.

13 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Precisely this, man. I was one of the people excited for Boom, championing it as the next step and fresh start that the franchise needed. I was hoping that game/show could be what this movie has the potential to be. Obviously I was disappointed. But you nailed it. All I want is for Sonic to become a multi-media icon again.

I admire your optimism, but you must lower your expectations. This movie will not be the Sonic's "return to form" simply because it already failed with most people right off the bat. Think, the same thing happened before like @Indigo Rush and @Failinheartsexplained. We're seeing history repeat itself. Not every idea can work, at least not the way you're hoping for.

But, I'd like you to tell me which recent project brought that sparkle of greatness back to the franchise, the same you believe the movie will also bring. You know which game I'm talking about. The game that got the best reviews in over 15 years. That was a major success with fans and non-fans. And I wanna know why said game did so well.

What I'm saying is: there are indeed ways to bring a character back into multi-media icon status, they did it with Crash last year. The movie, presented the way it is, disregarding the source material, being bashed even before an actual trailer, making people all around raising their eyebrows over the titular character design and presentation of the movie... It's not the way to go. We've seen this scenario before, man... 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's a different Sonic. That's all, we don't know yet if it is ignoring source material. We don't even know if it's using a completely different design. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Yeah I will kinda get mad if it's a completely different take on Sonic, but fans should not be too attached to the details of the series either. I'm only excited about cast and crew working on it, I think they will do a great job because they are talented people, if the movie is not our Sonic, eh, I'll be quite pissed.

14 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

It's a different Sonic. That's all, we don't know yet if it is ignoring source material. We don't even know if it's using a completely different design. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Yeah I will kinda get mad if it's a completely different take on Sonic, but fans should not be too attached to the details of the series either. I'm only excited about cast and crew working on it, I think they will do a great job because they are talented people, if the movie is not our Sonic, eh, I'll be quite pissed.

>We don't know if it's ignoring source material.

True, although I must have missed the game where Tom the Cop was introduced along with the residents of a small town in the real real world where the main plot is that Sonic is a delinquent, and the plot was about a small realistic town helps out fantasy character.

I mean I must say that's a pretty big gap between running around loops in Green Hill, or even running through a twisted and looped version of real life ideas like Speed Highway, but alright I guess.

• Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

>We don't know if it's ignoring source material.

True, although I must have missed the game where Tom the Cop was introduced along with the residents of a small town in the real real world where the main plot is that Sonic is a delinquent, and the plot was about a small realistic town helps out fantasy character.

I mean I must say that's a pretty big gap between running around loops in Green Hill, or even running through a twisted and looped version of real life ideas like Speed Highway, but alright I guess.

You mean like random humans were never in Sonic games? Outside of Eggman, SA1, Sonic X, Unleashed, etc. there are plenty of examples. The big difference here is that Tom is a mirror for the audience, like Chris. Except Chris was an annoying spoiled brat.

Detective Pikachu honestly looks a lot better than recent Pokemon products in the past years, so who knows, maybe the Sonic movie will be the same, one of the few good products in latest years (along with Mania of course).

1 minute ago, Jack the Shadow said:

You mean like random humans were never in Sonic games? Outside of Eggman, SA1, Sonic X, Unleashed, etc. there are plenty of examples. The big difference here is that Tom is a mirror for the audience, like Chris.

Detective Pikachu honestly looks a lot better than recent Pokemon products in the past years, so who knows, maybe the Sonic movie will be the same, one of the few good products in latest years (along with Mania of course).

Outside of Sonic Adventure, random humans in this series was never well liked. And the very few times they have been liked is when they fully embrace the insanity of Sonic's world and feel like they fit into the exaggeration of it. Eggman doesn't count because his design has always consistently been one that's dipped fully into the insanity of Sonic's world. He's a literal giant egg-shaped man who usually has a shit-eating grin on his face, and usually acts like a big child.

Sonic Unleashed is one of the worst comparsions to make because unlike previous games like Sonic Adventure - in which they kept trying to make things realistic, and taking real world locations and bending them to a unique Sonic stage design, Unleashed actually designed the characters to have quirks, and a typical animated style. The reason the humans in Unleashed are typically praised is not only because it fits into the narrative of Sonic being on a globe-trotting adventure and meeting many different cultures along the way, but the humans for once don't actually feel like they're forcefully designed or bent in a way that's bringing Sonic into a real world setting.

A lot of them are followed the same kind of expressive animated design that Eggman follows which fully allows for the insanity and wackiness of Sonic's world to remain. One form forces Sonic to bend to the rules of their reality, while another bends to work alongside the natural charm of Sonic's world. Unleashed's levels are also all based on real-world locations, but since they're in a different and more animated world, they're allowed to bend and twist to run through the logic of Sonic's world. Again, the games take real world elements and re-imagine them in a new and usually creative twist. The movie is forcefully taking Sonic out of his world and forcing him to comform to reality, not the other way around.

And really? Chris out of all characters is the human you pick as a grand example of what Tom is meant to be? Chris - the character often said to be the worst character in the entire series bar none? And you want to know why? Because of the exact same reasons why people are iffy about the movie now. In Unleashed, the plot of that game is Sonic running around real world locations and helping out the townspeople along the way with their own side story stuff. You didn't have to, but it was there for the sake of world-building. 

X, and the movie both have stories that forcefully make Sonic require the aid of regular townspeople, and to be frank - the worst of times - it's condescending, and annoying because they believe we as the audience need some shitty self-insert character to project ourselves upon. At the best of times, it's just insanely bland. I've said this once, and I will continue to say it - I'm watching a Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Sonic the Hedgehog is why I am here, I am here for high-speed action.

Why the fuck do I want to sit around and watch a bunch of uninteresting human characters give Sonic life lessons and help him? They aren't interesting, they aren't as creative as Sonic's actual cast, all they do is serve to force Sonic back into a realistic setting and even at points depower him because they need to have a reason to help Sonic in the first place.

You know what X did with it's human cast? Some of them, like Tanaka or Sam Speed had interesting and amusing quirks that helped made him fit into Sonic's weird world. Other characters - Chris were dull as dishwater and served only as a self-entitled spoiled brat. A vast majority of the human cast that appeared in certain episodes to help Sonic felt shoe-horned in terribly because surprisingly - putting normal people beside super-powered heroes and trying to have them bestow life lessons isn't fun, it's boring.

The biggest example especially are episodes like the Trapped at Sea episode because it empathises the point perfectly. The entire episode for the majority of it is funny as hell. It's focused solely on Sonic and his cast of characters, with the X cast pushed to the back to focus on them. Sonic gets to be a devious and funny little shit the whole way through because he's going insane being trapped on a Cruise. He plays on the exaggerated aspects of Tails, Cream and Amy's characters and provides really good interactions because of it. 

At what point does the episode die? When the X cast pops back in at full force with a forced life lesson about old people being shoved onto the cruise to force Sonic and co to "understand how to relax". In the end, it removes the steam the episode had because it then has to bullshit up a reason why Sonic can't fight Eggman and why he suddenly can fight him because yet again - regular people do not work into these stories well - especially if you don't take the time to give them any interesting quirks. 

And there's the key problem of this movie, we have to currently debate if any characters other than Sonic/Eggman will appear. Keep in mind, we know Tom the Cop and his girlfriend will make an appearance. We know random fucking townspeople will make an appearance, with names given to some of them - yet apparently Sonic's own cast doesn't have enough of a spotlight to have their castings made known at this point - after filming has already concluded and marketing has already begun. It's literally shoving out nearly everything about Sonic's world bar Sonic himself to replace it with boring bullshit. It's the problem people have had since Sonic Adventure - amped up in X and now it's currently at it's worst possible form. 

• Thumbs Up 6

44 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Outside of Sonic Adventure, random humans in this series was never well liked. And the very few times they have been liked is when they fully embrace the insanity of Sonic's world and feel like they fit into the exaggeration of it. Eggman doesn't count because his design has always consistently been one that's dipped fully into the insanity of Sonic's world. He's a literal giant egg-shaped man who usually has a shit-eating grin on his face, and usually acts like a big child.

Sonic Unleashed is one of the worst comparsions to make because unlike previous games like Sonic Adventure - in which they kept trying to make things realistic, and taking real world locations and bending them to a unique Sonic stage design, Unleashed actually designed the characters to have quirks, and a typical animated style. The reason the humans in Unleashed are typically praised is not only because it fits into the narrative of Sonic being on a globe-trotting adventure and meeting many different cultures along the way, but the humans for once don't actually feel like they're forcefully designed or bent in a way that's bringing Sonic into a real world setting.

A lot of them are followed the same kind of expressive animated design that Eggman follows which fully allows for the insanity and wackiness of Sonic's world to remain. One form forces Sonic to bend to the rules of their reality, while another bends to work alongside the natural charm of Sonic's world. Unleashed's levels are also all based on real-world locations, but since they're in a different and more animated world, they're allowed to bend and twist to run through the logic of Sonic's world. Again, the games take real world elements and re-imagine them in a new and usually creative twist. The movie is forcefully taking Sonic out of his world and forcing him to comform to reality, not the other way around.

And really? Chris out of all characters is the human you pick as a grand example of what Tom is meant to be? Chris - the character often said to be the worst character in the entire series bar none? And you want to know why? Because of the exact same reasons why people are iffy about the movie now. In Unleashed, the plot of that game is Sonic running around real world locations and helping out the townspeople along the way with their own side story stuff. You didn't have to, but it was there for the sake of world-building. 

X, and the movie both have stories that forcefully make Sonic require the aid of regular townspeople, and to be frank - the worst of times - it's condescending, and annoying because they believe we as the audience need some shitty self-insert character to project ourselves upon. At the best of times, it's just insanely bland. I've said this once, and I will continue to say it - I'm watching a Sonic the Hedgehog movie. Sonic the Hedgehog is why I am here, I am here for high-speed action.

Why the fuck do I want to sit around and watch a bunch of uninteresting human characters give Sonic life lessons and help him? They aren't interesting, they aren't as creative as Sonic's actual cast, all they do is serve to force Sonic back into a realistic setting and even at points depower him because they need to have a reason to help Sonic in the first place.

You know what X did with it's human cast? Some of them, like Tanaka or Sam Speed had interesting and amusing quirks that helped made him fit into Sonic's weird world. Other characters - Chris were dull as dishwater and served only as a self-entitled spoiled brat. A vast majority of the human cast that appeared in certain episodes to help Sonic felt shoe-horned in terribly because surprisingly - putting normal people beside super-powered heroes and trying to have them bestow life lessons isn't fun, it's boring.

The biggest example especially are episodes like the Trapped at Sea episode because it empathises the point perfectly. The entire episode for the majority of it is funny as hell. It's focused solely on Sonic and his cast of characters, with the X cast pushed to the back to focus on them. Sonic gets to be a devious and funny little shit the whole way through because he's going insane being trapped on a Cruise. He plays on the exaggerated aspects of Tails, Cream and Amy's characters and provides really good interactions because of it. 

At what point does the episode die? When the X cast pops back in at full force with a forced life lesson about old people being shoved onto the cruise to force Sonic and co to "understand how to relax". In the end, it removes the steam the episode had because it then has to bullshit up a reason why Sonic can't fight Eggman and why he suddenly can fight him because yet again - regular people do not work into these stories well - especially if you don't take the time to give them any interesting quirks. 

And there's the key problem of this movie, we have to currently debate if any characters other than Sonic/Eggman will appear. Keep in mind, we know Tom the Cop and his girlfriend will make an appearance. We know random fucking townspeople will make an appearance, with names given to some of them - yet apparently Sonic's own cast doesn't have enough of a spotlight to have their castings made known at this point - after filming has already concluded and marketing has already begun. It's literally shoving out nearly everything about Sonic's world bar Sonic himself to replace it with boring bullshit. It's the problem people have had since Sonic Adventure - amped up in X and now it's currently at it's worst possible form. 

Those are actually great point IMO. I just don't think that everyone really hates humans in Sonic games, they have been a part of Sonic for so long, there have been lots of real life places in the Adventure series, so I hope there will be references to GUN and City Escape in the movie. That would make me happy.

I mentioned Chris because he and Tom are supposed to be the person you identify with, that "through" that leads to Sonic in the real world. I'm not sure if this is clear, the audience surrogate basically. A lot of movies do this, it's not necessarily good but maybe needed? I sure hope this movie can break the cliché though and give Its own unique spin on the genre.

Chris and Tom, the difference is Chris was hated because he was annoying, Tom is an adult cop who is sarcastic, could be potentially a fun character, better than Chris. If you hate him because he is in and not Tails, that's a different story.

Those random people in the movie are like veeery minor characters who have no role. They are needed to make the hero town and world alive. 

If there is a legit complaint is that this movie focuses only on 4 characters, 2 of which are from the games.

2 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Those are actually great point IMO. I just don't think that everyone really hates humans in Sonic games, they have been a part of Sonic for so long, there have been lots of real life places in the Adventure series, so I hope there will be references to GUN and City Escape in the movie. That would make me happy.

Not to be that guy, but there hasn't been a human in a Sonic game since 2008, and even those humans were designed to be more like cartoon characters, so even at that, the last time we truly got a human character in a main series game was 2006. Which...yeah that's not a good thing.

3 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

I mentioned Chris because he and Tom are supposed to be the person you identify with, that "through" that leads to Sonic in the real world. I'm not sure if this is clear, the audience surrogate basically. A lot of movies do this, it's not necessarily good but maybe needed? I sure hope this movie can break the cliché though and give Its own unique spin on the genre.

No, it's not needed. It is absolutely not. That's like if we needed Jimmy Olson to be fighting Doomsday with Superman. Audience Surrogates are lazy as hell clutches that basically admit that you can't write a character well enough that you feel the need to make the audience feel like the sidekick to the actual hero of the story.

The reason you have a protagonist to a movie is this is the character we need to follow. This is the guy that we wanna know. Sonic the Hedgehog is our protagonist, and he should be the one who's likeable, and the one who has a defined arc that makes us root for him.

Toy Story didn't need a human character following Buzz and Woody around to make them likeable or interesting, Monsters Inc didn't need a older kid that can speak for the audience to relate to because Mike and Sully were monsters, Shrek didn't need a human character following Shrek and Donkey around, and even when they did try that in Shrek the Third, it was laughed at and immediately dropped for the forth film. 

You know what makes a character likeable and worth following? A nicely written character. Having some random human running around with Sonic will not make him a better character, it just steals focus from Sonic himself, takes away a lot of Sonic's own agency because we already know Tom is going to be the one sparking Sonic's character arcs, and not Sonic himself. Tom is simply a lazy excuse because the writers feel like it's easier to write for what is basically a human self-insert. Tom is the guy who has to change Sonic from a dick into a hero. Tom is the one with a romance. Tom is the one who supposedly rallies the townspeople behind Sonic. Sonic should be the protagonist, yet it sounds like Tom gets far more of those duties while Sonic will just be around for the action and one liners, which is shockingly a lot like X and Chris.

10 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Those random people in the movie are like veeery minor characters who have no role. They are needed to make the hero town and world alive. 

If there is a legit complaint is that this movie focuses only on 4 characters, 2 of which are from the games.

It doesn't matter if they're minor or not, because it still misses the entire point of Sonic's universe, and on top of that, we already know from the synopsis that they will need to help Sonic, so it's a moot point. They're a key point of the story even though they really don't have a right to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not to be that guy, but there hasn't been a human in a Sonic game since 2008, and even those humans were designed to be more like cartoon characters, so even at that, the last time we truly got a human character in a main series game was 2006. Which...yeah that's not a good thing.

No, it's not needed. It is absolutely not. That's like if we needed Jimmy Olson to be fighting Doomsday with Superman. Audience Surrogates are lazy as hell clutches that basically admit that you can't write a character well enough that you feel the need to make the audience feel like the sidekick to the actual hero of the story.

The reason you have a protagonist to a movie is this is the character we need to follow. This is the guy that we wanna know. Sonic the Hedgehog is our protagonist, and he should be the one who's likeable, and the one who has a defined arc that makes us root for him.

Toy Story didn't need a human character following Buzz and Woody around to make them likeable or interesting, Monsters Inc didn't need a older kid that can speak for the audience to relate to because Mike and Sully were monsters, Shrek didn't need a human character following Shrek and Donkey around, and even when they did try that in Shrek the Third, it was laughed at and immediately dropped for the forth film. 

You know what makes a character likeable and worth following? A nicely written character. Having some random human running around with Sonic will not make him a better character, it just steals focus from Sonic himself, takes away a lot of Sonic's own agency because we already know Tom is going to be the one sparking Sonic's character arcs, and not Sonic himself. Tom is simply a lazy excuse because the writers feel like it's easier to write for what is basically a human self-insert. Tom is the guy who has to change Sonic from a dick into a hero. Tom is the one with a romance. Tom is the one who supposedly rallies the townspeople behind Sonic. Sonic should be the protagonist, yet it sounds like Tom gets far more of those duties while Sonic will just be around for the action and one liners, which is shockingly a lot like X and Chris.

It doesn't matter if they're minor or not, because it still misses the entire point of Sonic's universe, and on top of that, we already know from the synopsis that they will need to help Sonic, so it's a moot point. They're a key point of the story even though they really don't have a right to be.

The fact that Jimmy Olsen exists proves that point, it's just a sidekick who is human.

Toy Story and Pixar movies... I love those, but they are fully animated and a different genre. I think they went with live action (and it's not necessarily a good idea) because animating the whole thing costs a lot more, this realistic choice also appeals to the audience who doesn't know Sonic.

I still think Sonic is gonna be the protagonist in the movie, not Tom, the writers believe that too, it was very important for them. 

But right now, I'm not convinced this is a movie for the fans, it's a movie adaptation that wants to appeal to everyone so they can know Sonic, not just for the fans, but they said there will be lots of easter eggs from the games just for us, so let's see if this is true.

"I'm an optimist but also a realist" some choices will be odd and I don't like them, but the cast is amazing here, plus the composer, the guys behind the animation, etc. all talented people, so I want to trust them.

38 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

it's a movie adaptation that wants to appeal to everyone so they can know Sonic, not just for the fans, but they said there will be lots of easter eggs from the games just for us

Ah yes, the magical power of easter eggs that transform a crappy movie into a fan favorite.

Honestly, that has to be the stupidest thing I heard about this movie yet. "The movie is not for the fans, but we'll sprinkle a few super minor things in for the fans." Which sounds like saying "No, this cake is not for you, but you can have the leftover crumbs."

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, someone made some art of how Jim could probably most likely look like as Eggman. 

I think he might look like something similar to like this. What do you think?

Gotta admit, kinda like this. Except the scar and the big teeth, althought... Eggman always had a big grin... See! It looks uncanny when you take something cartoony and make it realistically.

But overhall, pretty decent. Doubt it will be like that in the movie, tho'.

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

In November alone, it’s going up against Frozen 2, Kingsmen, and Terminator. 

Found it really odd that Terminator will releasing  during that month, since it is also distributed by Paramount and also directed by Tim Miller who is the executive producer of the Sonic movie. Not sure releasing two films distributing by the same company in that month is a good idea.

• Absolutely 1

1 hour ago, Tarnish said:

Ah yes, the magical power of easter eggs that transform a crappy movie into a fan favorite.

Honestly, that has to be the stupidest thing I heard about this movie yet. "The movie is not for the fans, but we'll sprinkle a few super minor things in for the fans." Which sounds like saying "No, this cake is not for you, but you can have the leftover crumbs."

This cake is meant for everyone, not just for you fans, you gotta share it. It's like I said, some people just will never be okay with a movie that shows a different take on Sonic. They will attack it by saying "it's different, hence it's crap".

Bois I have an idea:

What if at the end of the movie Sonic is going back to his world, let's say through a portal, but suddenly Eggman comes out of a pile of metallic scraps in his eggmobile and goes into the portal after sonic. He crash lands on Sonic's world and Sonic and his friends are waiting for him. His ship sprouts arms (taking inspiration from the Big Arm boss fight) and we have one of those ending shots like this at 3:03:

Then the credits start playing which show an animated version of Sonic foiling Eggman's plans similar to the credits of Despicable Me 3 shown here: 

I feel like it would give Sonic and Eggman an understandable backstory.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:26 AM, CaptainRobo said:

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Found it really odd that Terminator will releasing  during that month, since it is also distributed by Paramount and also directed by Tim Miller who is the executive producer of the Sonic movie. Not sure releasing two films distributing by the same company in that month is a good idea.

You took the words right out of my mouth 

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And then again, the comics still had a Human prescence up until their cancellation, and the last tv series was kind of a special case as it was inferred Eggman was indeed the only human in that world. Yet here, the humans are executed in the most realistic and dull way imaginable. Our world so far seems to literally be our world, with little to no strings attached. 

2 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

What? I don’t remember taking anything related that I was talking about Terminator and Sonic being releasing in the same month from you. If I didn’t noticed that I had the same as yours, then I apologize for that, if I didn’t see that.

2 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

23 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

What? I don’t remember taking anything related that I was talking about Terminator and Sonic being releasing in the same month from you. If I didn’t noticed that I had the same as yours, then I apologize for that, if I didn’t see that.

"You took the words right out of my mouth" is an idiom signifying that the speaker agreed so strongly with what you said that they would have said exactly the same thing if you hadn't said it first.  It's a compliment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

4 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

This cake is meant for everyone, not just for you fans, you gotta share it. It's like I said, some people just will never be okay with a movie that shows a different take on Sonic. They will attack it by saying "it's different, hence it's crap".

Now I'm not a movie director, producer, writer or anything, and maybe I'm just too old-school in thinking, but the logical thinking for me would be "Okay, we're making a Sonic movie, let's try to aim this movie first and foremost towards the already established millions of fans of the franchise, and hope we bring in as many casual/mainstream people in along the way as possible.". What I'm seeing with this movie instead is "Okay, we're making a Sonic movie, let's try to aim this movie first and foremost towards mainstream people who probably never even heard of this franchise or just maybe heard of it once but don't know what it's about, and hope we bring in as many of the already established millions of fans of the franchise along the way as possible.".

And of course "some people just will never be okay with a movie that shows a different take on Sonic" because barely anyone asked for a take like this. Usually if you're a fan of something, you're not going "What I love about this franchise is X and Y", then go on to support a totally different take that has none of the elements you love about said franchise.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Too Many Rings 1

4 hours ago, FFWF said:

"You took the words right out of my mouth" is an idiom signifying that the speaker agreed so strongly with what you said that they would have said exactly the same thing if you hadn't said it first.  It's a compliment.

Oh, ok. Thanks. Oops. Sorry about that.