Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

51 minutes ago, Myst said:

Maybe Sonic gets new shoes at the end of the movie, more closely resembling the games? And gets the gloves too?

These movies generally don't try to change the appearance of a character, unless it's a massive change that alters the entire appearance for character development. Also, that'll be met with a chorus of "Why didn't you do that in the first place?!"

I'm annoyed they changed Sonic's shoes in the film. Sonic's shoes are iconic, anyone can identify the character just by the shoes alone. 

It's the equivalent of removing Superman's cape or the Bat logo off Batman. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to pay a large sum of money to licence this IP. Also I want to strip this IP of as much of its recognisable content as possible.

Seems like such a strange way of doing things.

• Thumbs Up 2

producers.JPG.328068fe654dca771c5da2635379574c.JPG

So, I look up who is producing the movie besides the Fast and the Furious producer on IMDB. I see that one of the producers who is producing the movie is Takashi Ito. I look up his filmography. It's seem that he worked on the Sonic Unleashed short as a producer. He was also the general producer of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843982/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr4

Wow! I found so many professionals who have previously worked on so many popular films on the crew list. I found people on the list like Mike Yang (Bumblebee, Transformers: The Last Knight, and Ant-Man and the Wasp) who will worked on designing the cars.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6281539/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr63

Here are some concept art that he had worked on.:

Spoiler

Transformers-5-The-Last-Knight-Mark-Yang-Cade-Yeager-001.jpg

4d6ebdc333a8b197ac638d57f772cf22.jpg

5ae7f3041d644297d23fea50b99c637c.jpg

Transformers-5-The-Last-Knight-Mark-Yang-Hound-002.jpg

Transformers-5-The-Last-Knight-Mark-Yang-Daytrader-001.jpg

a070a8d0a714d2e118919653a7947b49.jpg

Transformers-5-The-Last-Knight-Mark-Yang-Bumblebee-001.jpg

transformers-cybertron-wallpaper-lovely-bumblebee-2018-wallpaper-hd-66-images-of-transformers-cybertron-wallpaper.jpg

Transformers-5-The-Last-Knight-Mark-Yang-Cade-Yeager-002.jpg

Transformers-5-The-Last-Knight-Mark-Yang-Barricade-002.jpg

Another guy that I found is this guy named Roy Sato (Black Panther, Deadpool, Aquaman, and Power Rangers). He will do the visual effects for the film.:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0766254/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr97

Also I found this other guy named Daniel Kho. He will worked as a character artist for the movie.:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6713258/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr89

You could find more of these guys and look up what they have previously done, by clicking on this link. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3794354/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

• Thumbs Up 3

Guys, I think figured out why Paramount is holding off on showing the trailer.

There's rumors going around that YouTube will be removing the dislike button. After the massive backlash over the first two posters, Paramount knows they are potentially stepping onto a minefield by uploading this trailer. It could get huge dislikes akin to the live-action Aladdin or Ghostbusters 2016 and kill it's box office chances.

Paramount's probably just biding their time, waiting for the dislike feature to get removed from YouTube, then boom. Trailer time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh. Well I've only heard these rumors for a month or so myself.

Rotten Tomatoes just removed the 'Not Interested' button on their site due to the Captain Marvel backlash (That movie got down to 27% 'Want to See' before the 'Not Interested' feature was removed entirely, probably at Disney's request)

The Sonic Movie's 'Want to See' score is gone entirely now. (Was at 80% yesterday, now it simply says N/A) YouTube could follow suit, but who knows.

Someone create their own version of Movie Sonic. I wouldn’t mind if his design actually look like this. This seem more close to looking almost like Sonic.:

I actually did drew a Sonic similar to his in some of my drawings a while ago.:

Spoiler

swift_and_sonic_by_kitsuoi_dcxd05s-pre.j

sonic_movie_poster_2_by_kitsuoi_dcx4gos-

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Another rumor.:

Made a post of Ben and Ryan doing motion capture.:

Also post this for fun.:

Always appreciate you finding out cool new stuff dude 

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt it's coming this or next week, the teaser, that rumor has no base from what I see.

The only complaint about the movie so far that really sucks is the "it looks nothing like Sonic because of humans". Hardly, the movie focuses on only 4 characters, 2 of which are from the games, the rest are likely just cameos, so although I dislike pointless characters like the crazy old man, he will have like 2 seconds of screentime. The focus is on Sonic, Robotnik, Tom Wachowski and his wife. It's fine honestly. If it will look nothing like a Sonic thing then I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong and that the movie sucks, but the writer said it was important for them that Sonic is the protagonist, so that's fine, my priorities are watching a movie that's funny and badass, and that is actually about Sonic. I'll wait for the trailer to give a full opinion, either positive or negative, I don't want to be blindly optimistic.

I don't want to be super attached to the source material either, it's clear that this isn't game-Sonic, it's a different take so some things will change and that's okay, it happens all the time in movie adaptations, it will depend on whether these changes are good or bad.

5 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Another rumor.:

Made a post of Ben and Ryan doing motion capture.:

Also post this for fun.:

I wish this was true but unfortunately it's not. 

Probably fake.: 

Here what he is trying to say. Used Google Translate of what he is saying.:

I DO NOT WANT TO GO PROBLEMS WITH PARAMOUNT PICTURES BUT I HAVE 4 IMAGES WITH POTENTIAL SPOILERS OF #sonicmovie The public?

Yeah, he starts with: "I don't wanna get into trouble with Paramount, but...". Dude, if you have the images and are even claiming to, you're already "into trouble". What an attention whore.

• Too Many Rings 1

I don't wanna sound like a mod here but... Could we... like... not post stuff which is so blatantly fake.. or fan drawings, because it's making it hell trying to read this topic to see if there has been any news.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ok, won’t be posting anymore rumors that are probably fake or any fan drawings from now on. Sorry about that. Probably will post any future fan drawings on my own fan art thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

The newest Detective Pikachu trailer looks awesome! The fart joke is the only stupid cliché about it. So yeah, if live-action Pokemon can work, why can't Sonic? :P

The advantages DP movie has is… more Pokemon content, but we'll have to see if the Sonic movie actually doesn't focus on Sonic content, Pikachu also has a more interesting premise and (weird) plot.  Meanwhile Sonic has a way better cast, although Ryan Reynolds is really good too. It's making me more optimistic for Sonic though, let's keep waiting...

1 minute ago, Jack the Shadow said:

The newest Detective Pikachu trailer looks awesome! The fart joke is the only stupid cliché about it. So yeah, if live-action Pokemon can work, why can't Sonic? :P

The advantages DP movie has is… more Pokemon content, but we'll have to see if the Sonic movie actually doesn't focus on Sonic content, Pikachu also has a more interesting premise and (weird) plot.  Meanwhile Sonic has a way better cast, although Ryan Reynolds is really good too. It's making me more optimistic for Sonic though, let's keep waiting...

Yeahh...the only problem I have with DP at the moment are the profane jokes.

37 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

So yeah, if live-action Pokemon can work, why can't Sonic?

If Pokemon was being pitched with the same premise we have for Sonic I would be highly sceptical about it too.

If I may play devil's advocate; a talking Pikachu solving a murder mystery with a cop is about as left-field as Sonic the Hedgehog running away from the government with a cop.

• Thumbs Up 5