Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Also I'm not sure if anyone brought this up, but a few months ago, someone edited the poster to get a closer look at the design. You can clearly see Sonic's mouth, and appears that the eyebrows haven't changed too much (still hard to make out though)20190301_154343_rmedited.jpg.dcf468bd6f1d1452e3e9dbde1da58659.jpg

20190301_154449_rmedited.jpg.555c5a5439fd0abb2e0a0992828c97f3.jpg

Don’t remember if anyone brought it up. Do you have a link? Or are the images from here?

18 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Don’t remember if anyone brought it up. Do you have a link? Or are the images from here?

I don't know, where, but I think it's from an early version of Sonic Boom called Sonic Synergy.

I posted at the same time you did, so it made it seem I was responding to you. I was actually responding to Gamecuber64.

7 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

I posted at the same time you did, so it made it seem I was responding to you. I was actually responding to Gamecuber64.

Oh, oops. Sorry about that.

3 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

Very true, unfortunately. Terrible executing and scrapping of potential-filled ideas because of the mind-set that the ideas are bad and not their handling of it is the bane of the Sonic series' existence.

Yeah. Jeff Fowler, the director of this movie, claims to be a long-time fan of Sonic, and I believe that, but he never really had any experience in things that remotely relate to directing a movie.

I understand that there's this thing called "directional debuts", but again, Jeff Fowler didn't have much experience related to being a movie director other than being a director/writer for short films. Fowler is better as a visual artists than he is as a director.

I still believe that SEGA should hire passionate and dedicated fans to work on the franchise as developers, executives, etc., but said fans need to have good ideas, a good vision, and previous experience in things related to their roles.

Tika Sumpter mentioned how excited she was to be a part of the movie, and that Jeff Fowler was "so smart."

1 minute ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Tika Sumpter mentioned how excited she was to be a part of the movie, and that Jeff Fowler was "so smart."

Well, yeah, obviously. Talking bad about a project you're involved in when a company is trying to sell it is one way to get fired and blacklisted.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, DreamSaturn said:

Well, yeah, obviously. Talking bad about a project you're involved in when a company is trying to sell it is one way to get fired and blacklisted.

-_- Quit being so pessimistic with your statements.

Just now, MrPolynomialX said:

-_- Quit being so pessimistic with your statements.

You call it pessimism, I call it being realistic with my expectations.

• Thumbs Up 1

No...

3 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

You call it pessimism, I call it being realistic with my expectations.

Again this video, the CEO had doubts until he saw footage of the movie itself.

7 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

No...

Again this video, the CEO had doubts until he saw footage of the movie itself.

Refer to my statement of it being incredibly unwise to badmouth a product you're trying to sell.

• Thumbs Up 1

It seems Sonic has no competition on release week. Not only was Kingsman delayed, but Margie Claus was removed from the schedule. 

https://www.vitalthrills.com/2019/02/23/free-guy-release-date-kingsman-moves/

EDIT: Nevermind. Turns out I got the week wrong. It’s actually up against Doctor Sleep and Midway. 

EDIT 2: Turns out, Ford vs Ferrari got moved to November 15. I’ve removed it from the list.

Yeah. It would seem the movie got lucky on that front. Even Frozen 2 is at least 2 weeks away from it.

36 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

I have a strong feeling that Sonic will wear clothing in the movie. 

Sega seems not to like letting Sonic wear clothes in adaptations; probably because that might make his nakedness in the core series look wrong.

3 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Found it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/a9xm1u/sonic_movie_jp_website_was_online_show_the_almost/

Hey also, I'm noticing that Patrick Casey seems a little irritated at people repeatedly spamming questions about the movie. Everyone chill out! Just patiently wait for the trailer in like May lmao

3 hours ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Found it here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SonicTheHedgehog/comments/a9xm1u/sonic_movie_jp_website_was_online_show_the_almost/

Hey also, I'm noticing that Patrick Casey seems a little irritated at people repeatedly spamming questions about the movie. Everyone chill out! Just patiently wait for the trailer in like May lmao

Some interesting points being made that could point to Sonic's arms being beige/peach after all instead of blue. That's probably my only gripe with design 

I remember that the former writer, Van say that we will be pleasantly surprised in this thread 6 years ago. I think this is the one. I'm not sure if that will be the case, since he doesn't work on the movie anymore.:

Ca4pVx9W4AAljFs.png-large.png

He also mentioned that he had wrote a scene where Eggman had a coffee maker that was labeled Mean Bean Machine. Unfortunately, it got cut due to unknown reasons.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VanTheBrand/status/815288045494616064

https://mobile.twitter.com/VanTheBrand/status/815289565736931328?p=v

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

Some interesting points being made that could point to Sonic's arms being beige/peach after all instead of blue. That's probably my only gripe with design 

I for one am long past done griping about the design, regardless of what color the limbs are or how human the limbs appear.  I'll weigh in on the face when I see it, since it may or may not be truly hideous, but the main things rubbing me the wrong way about this movie now are the plot details we've gotten...and furthermore, the ones we HAVEN'T.

5 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I remember that the former writer, Van say that we will be pleasantly surprised in this thread 6 years ago. I think this is the one. I'm not sure if that will be the case, since he doesn't work on the movie anymore.:

Ca4pVx9W4AAljFs.png-large.png

He also mentioned that he had wrote a scene where Eggman had a coffee maker that was labeled Mean Bean Machine. Unfortunately, it got cut due to unknown reasons.

Unfortunately times have changed and so has this movies plot.

Hey, maybe Sega did not have a problem with the design of Sonic's body.

According to Miller, the only problem they had with the design were the eyes.

Clearly passion goes into all Blur Studio's projects

Patrick and Joss have both said the movie will be nothing like Alvin or the Smurfs. 

35 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

I for one am long past done griping about the design, regardless of what color or how human the limbs appear.  I'll weigh in on the face when I see it, since it may or may not be truly hideous, but the main things rubbing me the wrong way about this movie now are the plot details we've gotten...and furthermore, the ones we HAVEN'T.

The face won't be far off from the games. 

The plot I'm waiting for more details in context 

42 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Here is something interesting I found on Blur Studio's website.

die.PNG

Looks quite standard.