Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I think we will have to lower our expectations once the trailer is released. The movie is probably not going to be like what we wanted to be. So, it’s better not to get our hopes up and ended up getting disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tornado said:

Let's rephrase this a bit. People don't need a huge set in stone reason to be optimistic about something they want to see. People do need a better defined reason to shout anything down, be it pessimism or optimism.

Yeah, that was more my point - I think some kind of optimism is fine (even with my own thoughts on the movie so far), but if there's room for optimism based on what we know, there's absolutely room for pessimism based on the same information.

• Thumbs Up 3

Or you know...

We could stop thinking about optimism and negativity and just respect opinions. Talk about them. Agree to disagree?

But hey...that's just my OPINION lmao

Is this guy affiliated with the movie? Or is he just a fan? The studio he's in looks professional.

2 hours ago, Myst said:

Is this guy affiliated with the movie? Or is he just a fan? The studio he's in looks professional.

I don’t think so.:

15 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

No reason to hate yet!

The closest thing we got to a Sonic 'movie' so far was that 1996 2 episode Sonic OVA (or Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie) and while I'm not particularly a big fan of that, so far nothing about this new movie suggests it'll surpass that 1996 output in any aspect, let alone overall as a movie.

At least OVA had an animation style that matched the games, Sonic's supporting cast was present and weren't 100% useless as they were involved in some action, said action beats were pretty cool that took advantage of the character's abilities, and there was some chemistry between the characters (even if not the best), and Sonic actually faced quite a challenge towards the end against Metal Sonic. He got pushed to the limit and got quite beaten up.

Although very little is revealed about the new movie, the very little we know doesn't make me feel like it'll surpass or even match what OVA had to offer some 20+ years ago.

So, as I'm still trying to keep an open mind about the movie I wanted to ask what are the strengths that you find in what we know about the movie, either officially released information or due to loose lips. So for example;

We know Sonic and Tom are each in need of a friend for some reason or another and while I feel Sonic needing a friend feels more like it's drawing inspiration from pre-reboot Archie more so than anything what strengths do you feel that this plot element brings to the movie? What about the US government of things being an antagonist in the movie and the whole a small town coming together to help the sheriff routine. What do you feel is the strength to these elements and how the character Sonic benefits from them? 

I think Ben Schwartz Sonic and Carrey's Robotnik performances will be pretty good if nothing else. 

Just listened to some of Ben's voice work and he seems pretty suitable for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we probably finally going to get the trailer at SXSW next week. Some people think that the trailer is going to be released yesterday, because of the Black Knight render seen in this one. Black Knight was released on that date in the US.

The official SXSW Gaming Twitter account posted these a while ago.:

They could be probably trolling, and probably could ended up revealing the trailer there.

Anyway, I wasn’t holding my breath for the trailer to be released yesterday.

4 hours ago, Sonic Fan J said:

So, as I'm still trying to keep an open mind about the movie I wanted to ask what are the strengths that you find in what we know about the movie, either officially released information or due to loose lips. So for example;

We know Sonic and Tom are each in need of a friend for some reason or another and while I feel Sonic needing a friend feels more like it's drawing inspiration from pre-reboot Archie more so than anything what strengths do you feel that this plot element brings to the movie? What about the US government of things being an antagonist in the movie and the whole a small town coming together to help the sheriff routine. What do you feel is the strength to these elements and how the character Sonic benefits from them? 

Me? I think the Government story not only opens the door for great action sequences but also great character moments for Sonic. The Tom thing again, opens the door for character development for Sonic and Tom. The potential is there 

Well. It's out there now.

On one hand, it may be better than I was expecting.

On the other hand, it's still really bad.

It's not the WORST interpretation I've ever seen. It's still disgusting, gross and doesn't look good, like, at all, but it could've been worse.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, after months of speculation and mock-ups based on the teaser poster, I can't say it's the worst thing I've ever seen. They did the "white fur between the eyes" thing, so... that's neat.

Where did that come from?

It just seems like another fan designed Sonic what with the non-conjoined eyes and realistic proportions.

Hmmm.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Where did that come from?

It just seems like another fan designed Sonic what with the non-conjoined eyes and realistic proportions.

Hmmm.

Supposedly it's from a leaked style guide (for merch and stuff). 

• Thumbs Up 2

On one hand, it could've been a lot worse. On the other hand...I've also seen fan interpretations that looked a lot better, so, eh.

• Thumbs Up 2