Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

12 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

No, just giving him gloves would've been clever. There's nothing 'unrealistic' about gloves. 

Well, they probably didn't want to give him gloves because it wouldn't work with the whole "grounded" thing they're going for. 

I guess they could have had a funny scene of Sonic and Tom going in a store and getting some white gloves they resemble the classic look but ehhh.. I'm fine with white fur 

Lmao. I've been a defender of this movie all along but that is fucking hidious lol. What in the f-ing fuck were they thinking?

(obviously I'll still watch it though haha)

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

I guess they could have had a funny scene of Sonic and Tom going in a store and getting some white gloves they resemble the classic look but ehhh.. I'm fine with white fur 

NEVER DO THIS. Have you not heard of what happened in DMC when people complained about Dante's hair changing, they made a joke about it in the game and it really pissed people off more.

1 minute ago, Pawn said:

A boring character design is generally a bad character design, though, especially when they're your protagonist.

Which is why I said it was worse than bad, because something horrifying is far more interesting than something that doesn't even try to stand out.

Sonic Boom tried to do something different with it's designs, and this film doesn't even try to do that. It looks safer than safe, even the official Sonic design looks more interesting.

Just now, Celestia said:

Come on folks, it's all for the sake of realism. Gloves are a fictional construct invented by Disney because they didn't want to draw Mickey's hands.

Even though his 1st appearance is without gloves...

But technicalities, mang.

I mean, what would you all have preferred? He doesn't even look hideous. I showed my classmate and she thinks he looks cute. What part of that design is an "abomination"? 

I literally can't. There's no pleasing people. This is the perfect middle ground between something disturbingly realistic and the classic Mickey Mouse design 

3 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Well, they probably didn't want to give him gloves because it wouldn't work with the whole "grounded" thing they're going for.

I have never once met a single person that said "Naw, fuck these gloves, I'm just gonna paint my hands instead."

Yeah honestly I can't say I hate this, after the silhouette mystery for months this is definitely not the absolute trainwreck it could've been. I think he'll actually look slightly better as a cg model integrated into real-world lighting rather than as these digital sketches.

Would've preferred him sticking closer to the games of course but honestly as far as live-action redesigns go I can plenty work with this.

I think it looks... ugly and boring lol. Like, they changed it for the sake of changing, and it's not really different. I was expecting something more badass, this is standard I guess, not busy, cartoony as the test footage said.