Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Not the worst I was expecting and it does works to a degree, I'm just not sure on the mouth. I want to see this in action. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm just looking - is it me or does Sonic's hands, and primarily - his fingers look absolutely tiny, like if a hedgehog's actual foot mutated into some kind of hybrid hand thing? It looks like Sonic has really long nails or something.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

...I kinda like that. I like how Sonic looks so.. um, unnatural. Like he legitimately looks like an alien. 

I like that he has an athletic physique

Didn’t you literally just say it looked creepy? You don’t have to force like it for the creators sake 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 4

5 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Mc1eUrLX.jpeg

Make it stop. 

Ah now that's more like it! Now if you excuse me 

s4p3Ca.gif 

Good lord who the hell though that was a good idea! It's absolutely terrifying. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Nike product placement. Lol. I wonder how much did Nike pay for their shoes to be in the film? They probably going to sell shoes based on the ones that he is wearing.

You know what's funny?

Nike has made legitimate Sonic shoes, ones that actually mimic the real Sonic design. What ever happened to that?

5 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

It's the neck that makes it look horrible.

806433606_noneck.thumb.jpg.2d6c8f2817ed660e01994c02fd19295f.jpg

So wait, are his hands white in the actual movie or not? The picture's pretty faded but they look about the same as his chest and face here.

Still gross either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, seeing the actual render makes me slightly nervous. I hope that looks better in motion.

Oh...oh wow. Okay, that looks horrible. Really horrible. 

The Nike shoes man, so tasteless.  

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not gonna try and act surprised here. This is exactly what I was expecting, and it looks like shit. Every idea we've heard about the movie was terrible from the outset, and now we have confirmation that their execution of these ideas is also terrible.

• Thumbs Up 4

38 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Didn’t you literally just say it looked creepy? You don’t have to force like it for the creators sake 

Yes but after giving it some thought, I like the concept of it. Sonic looks like a superhero. I can see something like this being marketed to the mass audience as an edgy teenage Sonic 

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Not bad. Ok so can we just get a hand raise for yay or nayers. Atm I am ok with this. AS LONG as the action holds up. I DO NOT want a full on comedy.

I'll give a "Yay."  It could be better, but it isn't horrible.

So with them being Nikes and all, the implication there is that when the movie starts he doesn't even have shoes and he gets them in the human world.

19 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

... This can apply to both the design and fan reaction, kind of what I was expecting, some people will never be happy and accept the changes. It's predictable.

You're right, I'm not happy, I'm overjoyed. This is hilarious!

• Thumbs Up 4

On another note. Not only on this movie design.... but I've seen the same mistake done on some fan art over the years... Did they not realize the skin color muzzle and chest on Sonic are not suppose to be fur? Those areas on Sonic is made to emulate how on certain animals they have far less fur on their underside and muzzle. AKA it is meant to be SKIN.

• Thumbs Up 2

This design looks like it can support a comedy, just look at that face.

The movie's main punchline.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, PeterPancake said:

Yes but after giving it some thought, I like the concept of it. Sonic looks like a superhero. I can see something like this being marketed to the mass audience as an edgy teenage Sonic.

If you think that whatever the hell is sitting above us is going to be more marketable to a mass audience than this guy:

latest?cb=20170727110332

Then I don't know what to tell you. I see no possible reality where someone can look at these designs side by side and say "yeah, that movie design is miles better!" 

• Thumbs Up 7

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

So with them being Nikes and all, the implication there is that when the movie starts he doesn't even have shoes and he gets them in the human world.

You're right, I'm not happy, I'm overjoyed. This is hilarious!

Yup. I noticed that too. Nike has payed product placement in the the movie. I predicted months ago that Sonic's shoes may be an altered version of an existing brand.

Kinda like how Batman wore modified Nikes in the 1989 movie 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

AKA it is meant to be SKIN.

Correct.

Also it pretty much means...what's the point in making his arms blue if the peach colored parts are gonna be fur anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Celestia said:

the implication there is that when the movie starts he doesn't even have shoes and he gets them in the human world.

Get ready to enjoy early scenes in the movie of nude hedgehog feet!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • My Emmerdoods 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

This has certainly been a journey alright. And it certainly isn't over yet, no matter how emotionally taxing it's been and will continue to be.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

Get ready to enjoy early scenes in the movie of nude hedgehog feet!

Well...some sonic fans will certainly enjoy the movie then 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 1

15 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

It's the neck that makes it look horrible.

806433606_noneck.thumb.jpg.2d6c8f2817ed660e01994c02fd19295f.jpg

I think my original assessmentof "Not that bad" is lowering. Because the more I see the more I hate how he looks.