Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

I actually kinda predicted it?

Reveal hidden contents

free_lunch_by_kitsuoi_dcxa8zw-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9OTYwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvZGFjOGUxZmEtMDlkYi00MTU4LWFjZjEtODJjNTUxMDhmMWQzXC9kY3hhOHp3LWJkZjU4Nzc5LWU5MjQtNGM3MC1hN2NlLWEyYzIzOWEzZmJmNS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Lx2sSiO75o48qEu5Q5lrlYcGLBePphNdyM5kEtmosYI

sonic_s_official_movie_design_by_dimensions101_dd1azpv-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NDYwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvYTVhMDM1MGEtODU4Ni00MTUzLTk0ZjEtZGQzY2FlNzJhZGI2XC9kZDFhenB2LTEwMDY0MzBlLTJlZGMtNDM3Zi1iYjgxLWE3NTE4YjAxZmJlNC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.2yj75p-_iK0J3VFpkyTb6G61GNX3c_xKMyqZ8XxgHFg

There isn't probably going to be a 3rd movie. They are going to do a reboot instead.

https://www.slashfilm.com/ninja-turtles-reboot/

Yes, I know. But all of them were signed for a 3rd. The Studio can cancel the contract anytime at their discretion 

When I first saw this, my initial reaction was "...oh. ... ... ...he... looks just fine. He literally looks fine."

Which was followed by a sigh of relief, and going "Phew... he looks WAY better than I was worried he might look." 'Cuz I was definitely worried. I STILL wanna see how this translates into an actual live-action/CG trailer though.

I'm 100% totally fine with this. Also, the glove thing doesn't bother me in the slightest.

So once again TO ME, the internet ended up freaking out and going all doom-and-gloom... only for it to turn out just fine in the end.

Could it be better? Yeah, of course... but this? This isn't bad at all.

• Promotion 1

Just thinking of the possibility of a tie-in game makes me kind of sad. Just seeing Sonic continue to flounder in low quality like that... SEGA really doesn't seem to care.

I dunno... It's 2:30 in the morning. Maybe I'm just tired.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know how I feel about Sonic's movie design. I'm not going to overreact and claim it's the worst thing I've ever seen, but...I can't say I like it either.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

6 minutes ago, Splash the Otter said:

I don't know how I feel about Sonic's movie design. I'm not going to overreact and claim it's the worst thing I've ever seen, but...I can't say I like it either.

Can I second this? I’m not certain either. Also, very curious about the “Animation” branch (the comics aren’t considered a branch?) that is now in play.

• Thumbs Up 2

If there’s going to be a licensed tie-in game, it better be mobile only and not a major console one. I don’t want another mediocre to bad Sonic game, especially after Sonic Forces. Doesn’t help that Team Sonic Racing isn’t looking too impressive either. 

• Thumbs Up 5

21 minutes ago, Sapphirine Wind said:

*REMEMBERS THE SIDE MOUTH*

oh no. how are they doing that

I think that's just for the 2D art.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

You know... something about that design just isn't REALISTIC enough.... but I can't quite... OH I KNOW!

1CShaBh.png

I fixed it! After all... A live action Sonic movie MUST be grounded in reality and realism or nobody can take it seriously right?~

That's not even the spot where real hedgehogs have their junk. : P

Anyway, I see Sonic is wearing Nike shoes. Gee, I wonder what character comes to my mind when I see a white Nike logo over red... One thing is for sure, those Nikes must be tougher than leather. XD

14 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Can I second this? I’m not certain either. Also, very curious about the “Animation” branch (the comics aren’t considered a branch?) that is now in play.

Either they're referring to the Mania cartoon, Boom coming back, or.. a new Sonic..?

2 hours ago, do a barrel roll said:

Can't wait for @Dr. Detective Mike to make another harshly true yet beautifully described post about how awful SEGA's management of the Sonic franchise has been, especially in how they allowed this movie to be made.

I feel like I don't need to. This kind of speaks for itself, honestly.

I'm mostly very tickled about this. I can't stop laughing at it.

Years later, when it goes down in history as something everybody hates, I hope Ian Flynn gets permission to use it in the comics for a botched Sonic clone saga. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Well, that was something, but strangely I have to say

Mc1eUrLX.jpeg

much as I dislike it this I have to say it's not for the reasons I thought I would. Sure It left a pit in my stomach seeing and it still makes me uncomfortable to look at, but I find the realistic (lets be honest it's still not realistic) take is not what most eats me up about this. It's strangely what I had believed before would annoy me and that is that they stayed too cartoony in certain regards. Most notably it is his mouth, muzzle, and eyes that are all kinds of wrong here. Nothing about those three features feel like they fit on this design and his mouth looks like a Muppet's mouth to me. Other than that though, much as I dislike it I can actually see it working in a live action movie. Now of course I still don't like the plot but at least according to the branding leak Sonic's personality is actually on point on paper which surprises me for the most part considering how it's been described so far. In the end I still would have preferred this

Always_Root_for_the_Underhog_Mauricio_Ab

Mr. Mime arms from the Detective Pikachu movie and more realistic textures on his skin in general but the creepy little abomination doesn't offend me as much as I feared it would. It's just creepy and unappealing with eyes, a muzzle, and a mouth that look too cartoony to properly blend with the rest of the model. Oh well, it is what it is I guess. I've seen it now and don't like even if not as much as I thought would be the case. Now I can wait for a trailer and see how things go from there.

he's looking into your soul

hey, movie companies: stop making cartoon characters realistic

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, the design is rather blah and pretty ugly. It'll make the children run in terror from the theaters than run to see it. I parrot it again and again onto why this wasn't a fully animated film is beyond me.

• Thumbs Up 1

A four-pillar approach to a struggling franchise of an iconic character, each with radically different designs and approaches? what could possibly go wrong

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, Spooky Mulder said:

A four-pillar approach to a struggling franchise of an iconic character, each with radically different designs and approaches? what could possibly go wrong

*Looks at Marvel* Not much if done right..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

To be honest, the design is starting to grow on me. The toy mock-ups look pretty bad, but the full body render is pretty good.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

*Looks at Marvel* Not much if done right..

What is it with you and unrelated marvel comparisons 

• Thumbs Up 3

He is Sonic's voice actor in Japan.

He doesn't like it.

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Remember the last time that happened? “RoL Flashbacks”.

Personally, I'm glad to see what appears to be more people being fine with it or at least not hating it this time around.

• Thumbs Up 2