Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

2 minutes ago, Nicky Nicardo said:

Personally, I'm glad to see what appears to be more people being fine with it or at least not hating it this time around.

Where are you looking? Cause that second full body reveal model seems to be getting less positive reception than the initial leaks

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

He is Sonic's voice actor in Japan.

He doesn't like it.

The best translation I could give reading that:

"Is this real??? Wow........."

In disbelief is the response. He's lucky he can actually make a comment, I don't imagine Sonic's English voice actors could do the same.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Nicky Nicardo said:

Personally, I'm glad to see what appears to be more people being fine with it or at least not hating it this time around.

What Twilight Zone Opposite Day episode did you walk out of?

1 hour ago, Nicky Nicardo said:

When I first saw this, my initial reaction was "...oh. ... ... ...he... looks just fine. He literally looks fine."

Which was followed by a sigh of relief, and going "Phew... he looks WAY better than I was worried he might look." 'Cuz I was definitely worried. I STILL wanna see how this translates into an actual live-action/CG trailer though.

I'm 100% totally fine with this. Also, the glove thing doesn't bother me in the slightest.

So once again TO ME, the internet ended up freaking out and going all doom-and-gloom... only for it to turn out just fine in the end.

Could it be better? Yeah, of course... but this? This isn't bad at all.

I’m genuinely curious why you feel this isn’t at all bad:

2F7912F6-3A33-4B51-8CFF-4BC57926C23F.jpeg

I think it’s pretty easy to see why people are not enjoying this. Weird proportions, quills look...off. Really ugly eyes, and puppet mouth. And in general questionable design choices like the nose, hands, etc

The only thing wrong with the full body render is the blue arms and the mouth looks a tad off. It's nothing really horrifying, just different. It still looks like Sonic.

The lack of game shoes is disappointing, but doesn't make him a horrifying abomination, it just makes him different.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Myst said:

The only thing wrong with the full body render is the blue arms and the mouth looks a tad off. It's nothing really horrifying, just different. It still looks like Sonic.

Clearly you’re interpretation of what’s wrong is different from a lot of people’s then, cause I just listed some pretty common complaints I’m already seeing regarding its design. Blue arms are the least of the designs worries. Shits just ugly to look at

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KHCast said:

I’m genuinely curious why you feel this isn’t at all bad:

2F7912F6-3A33-4B51-8CFF-4BC57926C23F.jpeg

Admittedly, I saw THAT particular pic AFTER I saw the initial batch of more animated-looking ones.

And while I definitely think it's worse than the initial batch... it just seems fine to me? Nothing worth getting worked up about, not an unfathomable bastardization of the character, not the end of the world, nothing crazy dramatic like that at all.

Hell, with the more cartoony initial batch, I thought he looked quite cute. I thought his face looked more on the positive side of fine, if that makes any sense. Yeah, the body is still weird... but it's not SO weird that it bothers me. And while I think it's kinda silly that they made his hand-fur white instead of having gloves... so what? That definitely ain't something that would make or break a Sonic design for me, or make me become enraged or depressed. It's just... a design choice that they went with, and it's just kinda there.

It's just not worth strong negative feelings to me. I'm fine with it. I don't love it by any means, but I also don't hate it. I can go to a movie with THAT version of Sonic in it... and be perfectly fine with it. It won't ruin anything for me.

And yes, while I'm infinitely more used to his video game and cartoon designs having been a fan since the Genesis days... this isn't eyeball-bleaching-ly offensive to me. It's really only 'weird' to me if you forced me to say something on the negative side, but just looking 'weird' doesn't lead me to hating something.

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Nicky Nicardo said:

Twitter at least is full of people rightfully savaging it.

Anyway I think Sonic looks like barf, great job to all involved

• Thumbs Up 3

When I saw this topic booming again, I assumed something new popped up. Oh God...

This doesn’t look like Sonic at all! I should’ve figured that the news would be bad.

I agree, beige arms with gloves look a lot better. Of course I still think the face is too cartoony to go with the rest, but at this point it is what it is.

8 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

What if we got this?

I'd honestly prefer this. It looks so much better with beige arms 

No offense, but that's the definition of putting lipstick on a pig.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 5

You know, it could look better in motion. Can you imagine what it would be like if they advertised some of the Pokémon characters from Detective Pikachu with just still images (especially Charizard), and THEN showed the trailer?

• Thumbs Up 2

That's still not good looking, and somehow the beige arms makes it look worse with the rest of the body and how awkward it looks.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

What if we got this?

I'd honestly prefer this. It looks so much better with beige arms 

I would say it's better at least. The neck needs to be removed, the mouth needs fixing.... and would prefer the shoes replaced and socks added.

Saw this on Sonic Retro. Is getting closer to the right idea maybe.... Just add bigger eyes to go with it like from the other idea example. Mix both ideas together basically.

D02-0iLWsAAQXWs.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Game Explain did a reaction video. 

They don't like it.

So Sonic officially is rocking a pair of Nike's now. No surprises there, and I can officially start the clock on how long it takes for the Swoosh marketing team to try and sell me a pair.

(Honestly, I'd buy them - I just hope they arn't so limited run that they are impossible to get even from scalpers like the last PUMA kicks)

Other than that, I keep seeing "could of been worse" which is a backhanded compliment. If that's the best you can muster, then you missed the mark. Glad we dodged the beady eyes bullet, but there is just so much here that I can only hope looks better in motion. I'm kind of scared to see him talk/emote with that mouth. Can't tell if its a maw or a muppet trap.

• Thumbs Up 4

27 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I would say it's better at least. The neck needs to be removed, the mouth needs fixing.... and would prefer the shoes replaced and socks added.

Saw this on Sonic Retro. Is getting closer to the right idea maybe.... Just add bigger eyes to go with it like from the other idea example. Mix both ideas together basically.

D02-0iLWsAAQXWs.jpg

That's pretty cool. The socks should be shorter, tho. Make the arms beige

2 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

>"Chill  & lickable"

excuse me what

It actually says likable.  The image on the TSSZ website says that.