Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Glad to see that Tyson's not being mean or snarky about the design, and yes, it looks quite nice!

Yet another cartoony version of the design, it does look better, but doesn't do anything to fix it in its realism realism.

Also it looks very positive.

He's a God. Still, the lack of gloves is so weird, gotta hand it to Yuji Naka. But yeah, cartoon will always look a million times better (arguibly correct) than this "realistic" monstrosity, ew.

Interesting how people seem to be taking this guy’s word off the bat to be legit. Nothing said credibilizes him or what he says, and the synopsis he gives sounds basic and like anyone could make it up 

• Thumbs Up 3

I kinda like how they handle Sonic. But the way they do it makes sense why there's no Tails or Amy which kinda sucks but sequels i.guess 

• Thumbs Up 3

After the shit with Smash Bros., I definitely think people should be skeptic about things like this, especially on reddit 

Sounds like they are just saying what we already know and have speculated on as being likely. Also, their Reddit account just being made the other day doesn't help credibility. 

There is absolutely no reason to believe this rumor, it holds zero water, is something I could do, write a fanfic, post it on reddit and call it the next sonic game plot.

• Thumbs Up 3

Maybe some people have too much time on their hands, to give a fake fan reaction summary of a movie that won't be out for a while.

Commendable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I don't really believe this guy. Anyone can write and make stuff on the internet that's just believable enough and pass it off as a "leak" these days so I'm taking this with a grain of salt unless he can somehow manages to give some evidence of the test screening's existence.

I decided to go and shoot the shit with him regardless just to see what would happen and I got a kinda vague answer. This and all of the other answers he's giving just seem to be based on stuff that one would expect if someone was to predict how the movie's story would go if they heard about all of the info we know so far. So yeah, really skeptical about this to say the very least.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a hint at it being true I guess...

He mentions a bar fight sometime in the movie and one of the most recent additions to the cast was a Rowdy Bar Folk member.

Alright I think the movie is gonna be fucking terrible too but there's no reason to believe that rumor, any more than this is to take basic PR talk at face value.

13 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

There is a hint at it being true I guess...

He mentions a bar fight sometime in the movie and one of the most recent additions to the cast was a Rowdy Bar Folk member.

Either he's done a shit ton of research, including the Robotnik wearing a black lab coat from 4chan leaks or he's actually seen the movie. There is some stuff never mentioned before like Sonic being a scavenger, growing up on earth in the shadows

His description of Robotnik sounds like Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor 

20 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

His description of Robotnik sounds like Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor 

Crazy Mad Scientist with an Ego so large as to cancel out 300 IQ.

That sounds about right.