Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

(sorry, I don't know how to hide content on mobile).

I'll just say, that part about Sonic, Tom, Annie, and animals makes sense to me. Remember those pictures where Tom is helping ducks cross the street? I'm not gonna lie, I'm sort of believing this leak a little. There's a lot of obscure things here that make sense considering how they correlate with the set images, the rumors about Robotnick's design, Sonic's design not being entirely accurate to the leaked images (which just recently got confirmed today that those leaks are just prototypes) that those and now this. I highly doubt he just did heavy research on all of this. I think he's either telling the truth, or made up something surprisingly coincidental relating to what we've seen.

It sounds like it's going to be similar to Bumblebee, while also trying to be its own thing. Good to hear that it isn't relying on memes and trends for humor except for that dance.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kind of surprised that no one commented on the use of rings in this leak are pretty much the Warp Rings from Archie. While rings and extradimensional portals were always a thing in the classics, specifically using rings as a go anywhere device and in combat for combat purposes sounds way to much like Finitevus to me and I'm suddenly seeing Penders talking about legal action and creators' rights. Just for that alone I hope this leak is fake.

• Thumbs Up 3

In the classics...?

It's in Advance 3 too.

And SA2B, when doing 100 ring missions, they warp you to the beginning of the level.

9 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

You mean like this?

the eyes and gloves in this edit alone make it look LEAGUES better than the actual design.

in fact, if the edited version was the actual design, i'd actually be kind of okay with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

The movie comes out in like 6 months. It honestly probably close to done. No way they will make to many changes. At least in my eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The style guide shouldn't be taken as gospel for how the render will look - the style guide is still portrayed as if you were drawing a realistic character as an animated entity, allowing it to be more expressive, coloured, and dynamic with it's poses and design. While still looking uncanny, the reason the style guide looks the least worst out of all the renders we have is because it's animated and shows off the details of the design better than the actual renders, and doesn't given Sonic such a completely dead-eyed look to him.

Yeah but dude, I'm just reporting what Tails Channel and TSSZ said, that the art style guide is probably gonna be the closest and most recent to final design. They could potentially make him look like that in CGI, I mean the leaked full body model is literally a human, it looks very different, meanwhile the style guide is very cartoony, probably because it's art but still. 

12 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

I was talking to my friend, and he made the point that this is basically a retelling of Superman's story in Sonic form, while Eggman is literally a carbon copy of Lex Luthor from Dawn of Justice: Batman v. Superman.  Also, there's no way there'd be that much schilling for Olive Garden lol.   That's like what Jacksepticeye does as a joke for Coke Zero to the point they've acknowledged it in a tweet, or that episode of American Dad where they constantly praise Burger King for the joke, too.  They wouldn't do that much for a single company, I mean eating there, talking about it and receiving a gift card?  This might as well be a Olive Garden ad lol.

Yep, this is definitely what worries me about the Reddit rumor:

1. It starts out as nothing like Sonic, even though it progressively becomes like that. Mostly Robotnik

2. I don't like that it sounds exactly like a Superman story, and the Lex Luthor from BvS, I'm terrified because of that. But I think Jim Carrey could definitely make a better work than that.

3. The Owl thing is weird.

But still, didn't one of the script leaks involve the name of Tika Sumpter's character and it was NOT Annie. So this could be proof that the "leak" is fake, because I remember a photo Tika retweeted that showed the name of her character, does somebody remember it? I can't remember the name either, it was posted on Discord, but it would confirm the reddit stuff as an hoax.

Plus, it's kind of obvious they have been taking feedback from fans and SEGA, as that old post of the meeting at SEGA showed...

Edit: Just to remind people, I'm talking about this:

A possible way to debunk Shreksdonkey would be determine whether this movie actually has done any advance screenings.  I know Brazilians got footage a bit earlier, but I mean the whole movie, sans complete animation.  If they haven't shown it to anyone, at least not anyone random whom they can't trust to maintain confidentiality, then that leak is probably false.

However, it also sounds like the sort of thing that could be true; if only because it sounds as bare-bones and alien to Sonic as every detail officially released suggests this film will be.

Part of me wants this to be true because it sounds like a genuinely heart warming story but another part doesn't because it strays pretty far from the core mythos of Sonic. I know people will call me a hypocrite but there's a difference between completely changing his backstory, taking away his ties to other characters and just having a re-established Sonic coming to Earth like Sonic X.

I remember a leak where Tika's character name was revealed too. I don't remember what it was 

8 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, Lee who will played Agent Stone in the movie posted this.:

I sure hope that isnt just another rumour, i mean yeah despite my reactions to it the designs here are not too bad all things considered but if they turn out to be test renders and not the final I can safely say thank friggin Christ.

Heck thank Buddha, the Hindu gods, Allah, Zeus, Kahless, the SubGenius, Kthulu, the flying spaghetti monster, the invisible pink unicorn, Tarvu, and of course dont forget about the great teapot!

4 hours ago, Jack the Shadow said:

But still, didn't one of the script leaks involve the name of Tika Sumpter's character and it was NOT Annie. So this could be proof that the "leak" is fake, because I remember a photo Tika retweeted that showed the name of her character, does somebody remember it? I can't remember the name either, it was posted on Discord, but it would confirm the reddit stuff as an hoax.

46 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I remember a leak where Tika's character name was revealed too. I don't remember what it was 

It's Nan Morales. Revealed in this picture of the script.

tumblr_pd3x3yaKoM1rplhyso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pd3x3yaKoM1rplhyso2_400.png

Although then again considering when this was known (back in August last year I think) maybe there was some time to change it? From the pieces of info last year the story and film could've still been in progress at that time.

Honestly at this point I'd rather wait for the trailer to come whether it's in SXSW or when Paramount says screw it and posts it instead.

1 minute ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Wouldn't her last name be Watchowski if she's Tom's wife?

Not every married person takes their partners last name. 

Then high chances is it could be fake. I know I want that, I believe they already did test screenings, and CGI is likely not finished, although he liked it and stuff, I still don't like it because nothing in it sounds like Sonic. It sounds like Superman. I don't want that. Sure it's gonna be an origin story, and a different take on Sonic, but please have more easter eggs from the games! That was basically everything kept to minimum. Meh.

Tom's name wasn't changed, I don't see why Nan would not be kept.

31 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Then high chances is it could be fake. I know I want that, I believe they already did test screenings, and CGI is likely not finished, although he liked it and stuff, I still don't like it because nothing in it sounds like Sonic. It sounds like Superman. I don't want that. Sure it's gonna be an origin story, and a different take on Sonic, but please have more easter eggs from the games! That was basically everything kept to minimum. Meh.

Tom's name wasn't changed, I don't see why Nan would not be kept.

Not gonna lie...I don't think this movie is going to be like the Sonic we know.

That's sort of why I'm leaning towards believing it (but I wouldn't be shocked if it was fake either lmao)

2 minutes ago, Gamecuber64 said:

Not gonna lie...I don't think this movie is going to be like the Sonic we know.

That's sort of why I'm leaning towards believing it (but I wouldn't be shocked if it was fake either lmao)

No no, it did get some things right, likely, but a couple of them are off, not just Tika's name, but how he describes Robotnik being a government agent in a lab costume and with a short moustache, not only it's boring, but... we know according to BTS that Jim Carrey filmed on green screen studio, behind closed doors, that kind of implies his look will have some CGI bits probably. Years of following BTS TV shows payoff sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 6

The way I see it, it can still be the Sonic we know just not in his natural habitat and with a new design

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic might wear gloves in the movie...

The movie twitter liked this post.

wrge.PNG

Also, sonic will probably look like that promotional artwork.

As the tripod in the above image matches the art,  in regard to the eyes.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

Sonic might wear gloves in the movie...

The movie twitter liked this post.

wrge.PNG

That was probably in response to that meme image?

Spoiler

DuqlKkBVsAAJaKi.jpg

Even there, in retrospect, those "gloves" appear to be fur textured. Those are probably also white hands.

• Thumbs Up 3

To be honest, I think there might be a reasonable explanation for some of the design choices such as the lack of socks and different eyes.

HOWEVER, THERE IS NO REASON FOR HIS GLOVES TO BE A PART OF HIS BODY.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's a clever design choice imo. It's paying homage to the gloves while at the same time keeping the same design philosophy that Tim and Jeff wanted Sonic to have.

I have to imagine Tails and Amy have white hands as well. Knuckles would look a bit more weird tho