Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

5 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Reminder that the guy doing the score for this movie also did this

Just imagine if we got something this epic in a scene set on Sonic's planet. Maybe there's some kind of war going on between Sonic's people and varying factions 

You hear epic, but honestly I just hear generic orchestral movie soundtrack #754.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

It can work, one can still have a fun filled adventure while in the backdrop there is a war going on.

latest?cb=20140102120406

It can work...it's gonna need to not be nearly as personal though.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

This is...rather odd. Didn't DreamcastGuy mention this exact song a few weeks ago?

I think so.

Do you think the people working on the movie intended to make this film bad? It’s feel like they are trying to do that.

11 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

This is...rather odd. Didn't DreamcastGuy mention this exact song a few weeks ago?

If you read the article itself, you'd see that their source is DreamcastGuy himself.

While I doubt the legitimacy of this myself, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. At this point I just don't care, I just hope it's at least a good meme material.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bobnik said:

If you read the article itself, you'd see that their source is DreamcastGuy himself.

While I doubt the legitimacy of this myself, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. At this point I just don't care, I just hope it's at least a good meme material.

That's even more strange considering how long it's been since he tweeted that. This was posted yesterday.

Just now, DreamSaturn said:

That's even more strange considering how long it's been since he tweeted that. This was posted yesterday.

That's because he gave out details on some podcast somewhat recently (like, a day or so ago)

That's also stated in the article btw

The Great War in the Archie comics played a pivotal part in several characters' backstories. It was done masterfully and added depth to the universe. I disagree that because it was done terribly in Forces, Sonic should never veer into that territory again. The main problem with Forces was the writing and Pontaff. And the movie has completely different writers. One of which wrote a draft of Battle: LA. It would be a good reason for Sonic to end up on our world. 

I really hope this movie takes inspiration from the comics because in order to flesh out Sonic and his world, it makes sense to draw from the source that actually breathed life into the lore. I hope we get to see comic characters in this franchise. I know how Sega feels but at this point, with everything they let Paramount get away with, Sally Acorn and Rotor Walrus existing in the Movieverse isn't that odd of a possibility 

• Fist Bump 1

If it actually does play gangsta's paradise I'm going to die of cringe.

Also, you know, Sonic has a legendary OST? Pick one of the million songs from the franchise. Even Green Hill, as overplayed as it is, would be better.

9 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

The Great War in the Archie comics played a pivotal part in several characters' backstories. It was done masterfully and added depth to the universe. I disagree that because it was done terribly in Forces, Sonic should never veer into that territory again. The main problem with Forces was the writing and Pontaff. And the movie has completely different writers. One of which wrote a draft of Battle: LA. It would be a good reason for Sonic to end up on our world. 

I really hope this movie takes inspiration from the comics because in order to flesh out Sonic and his world, it makes sense to draw from the source that actually breathed life into the lore. I hope we get to see comic characters in this franchise. I know how Sega feels but at this point, with everything they let Paramount get away with, Sally Acorn and Rotor Walrus existing in the Movieverse isn't that odd of a possibility 

Gotte disagree, there was some interesting points with the great war but it also made no sense in various ways, including the whole thing about '' future-Humans being violentjerks in their dna''  really ruined the idea that two sides were at fault also personally the whole Sonic's world is a future dystoptian earth felt more like early Western 90's comic shock value''  gimick then anything, Most of the backstories were centered arround Archie-characters and plenty of them do not have enough of a fanbaase that wishes them to make a return in a movie or any sort. Forces 's dealt-meant with War was bad , but Archie's take was the other side of the coin-bad.

51 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Since this movie barely takes cues from the games, which are as deep as a puddle, I can't see it taking ANY cues from the comics which actually had decades of world building going on.

@Mayor D asked in the status updates if this rumor was debunked about a week ago, and I’ve seen other people say the same thing. Where are people getting that? Because I don’t remember that.

2 minutes ago, ... said:

After playing Forces, I came to realize that a Sonic game being set in a wartime setting doesn't feel right imo. It's just kinda off especially
considering that he's a cartoony hedgehog. I'd rather have the games being set in stylized colorful worlds or something like Unleashed where the plot was friendly but with some serious moments & with some of the levels being based on real locations.

The whole 'war' setting could have made for interesting gameplay moments if the developers actually cared. Things like enemies suddenly crashing through a wall unexpectedly ahead of Sonic to trigger a sudden 180° turn and a chase scene would have been a no brainer. Or the stage slowly falling apart from bombing/gunfire, closing seemingly open paths and opening new ones. So in short, a lot more dynamic and interactive stages could have made Forces a much more interesting game.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Tarnish said:

The whole 'war' setting could have made for interesting gameplay moments if the developers actually cared. Things like enemies suddenly crashing through a wall unexpectedly ahead of Sonic to trigger a sudden 180° turn and a chase scene would have been a no brainer. Or the stage slowly falling apart from bombing/gunfire, closing seemingly open paths and opening new ones. So in short, a lot more dynamic and interactive stages could have made Forces a much more interesting game.

I mean, you could also do those things without the whole war/resistance framing.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

I mean, you could also do those things without the whole war/resistance framing.

I guess, but a war easily lends itself to some really crazy and intense stuff which otherwise might seem too much and out of place.

The war framing has an angle as far as embodying Sonic's supposed rebellious spirit better than any other game ever has. It's pretty rare that Eggman gains that much ground and I think Sonic's attitude boosting morale had great potential for emotional payoff. 

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The war framing has an angle as far as embodying Sonic's supposed rebellious spirit better than any other game ever has. It's pretty rare that Eggman gains that much ground and I think Sonic's attitude boosting morale had great potential for emotional payoff. 

The war framing and the reality altering gimmick easily could have made Forces special..had they utilised them properly. Sadly, they let both of them go to waste only sprinkling them in very lightly to the point they had no real effect.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don’t know about everyone else, but I’m getting real tired of the rumors and leaks and people just saying that they know what’s going to happen. x_x

We definitely need some official news from official sources soon, because this stuff is getting way out of hand in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Another interesting rumor. 

wolf pupy is the true insider hero we've always deserved

thank you, wolf pupy 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 4