Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Didn’t he say he looks bad initially after seeing the trailer? Now it’s “actually looks normal in the film”?

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Didn’t he say he looks bad initially after seeing the trailer? Now it’s “actually looks normal in the film”?

Probably in the sense that the model looks fine in motion even though the character design itself isn't good. Which is about what I would expect tbh

• Thumbs Up 4

Even that feels like it's giving it too much credit. If something looks horrific standing still I don't know how movement is supposed to make it better.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Yeah, that's kiiinda what's keeping me skeptical about this whole thing. I don't really trust any rumors, positive or negative.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Zaysho said:

Probably in the sense that the model looks fine in motion even though the character design itself isn't good.

That's what I want. Everything looks good in motion.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Even that feels like it's giving it too much credit. If something looks horrific standing still I don't know how movement is supposed to make it better.

I guess if he's constantly moving, you don't get the chance to really see how ugly he is. Almost makes me wish he was literally a "blue blur" throughout the entire movie so I didn't have to see that ugly character design.

Still not an excuse to have an ugly design tho.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

DreamCastGuy stated this about the movie.

I actually had to agree with him on the mixed reviews. It’s not going to be a perfect movie, but it will probably be a fun movie to watch. It will probably be a bit cheesy like the Power Rangers movie, like he had mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 2

Kinda embarrassing but I think I'd be more excited if this was just a straight up live action Sonic X movie. Why the need to introduce some random new human character when Sonic X already went that route?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

17 minutes ago, Spooky Mulder said:

Kinda embarrassing but I think I'd be more excited if this was just a straight up live action Sonic X movie. Why the need to introduce some random new human character when Sonic X already went that route?

Because Sonic X was dragged down by it's human characters, making it something the franchise should never do again.

...Funny that, it feels like this movie will do the same.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

55 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Kinda like the Baytturles. Bad designs but amazing CG 

So you're expecting it to be a tech demo, not a movie.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 3

1 hour ago, Spooky Mulder said:

I don't think live action Chris Thorndyke would be a much bigger draw

6 minutes ago, Razule said:

I don't think live action Chris Thorndyke would be a much bigger draw

As shocked as I am to say this, a live-action Chris might actually be a better fit for this film than Tom the cop, given he's closer to the age of the primary demographic.

Then again, I'm not sure children are this film's primary demographic, though I don't see why not.  Since it doesn't seem well-suited to pre-existing adult Sonic fans either, whom does that really leave?  Who else besides children and current fans can really be attracted by a film called Sonic The Hedgehog?

• Thumbs Up 6

Re: Chris: I predicted that nearly 5 years ago

Anyway if they had to do live action, I think that would've been a safer route. Sonic as a meta videogame character that's trying to go home or something. It's not an especially good idea, but this should never have been a live action film to begin with, so the point's moot.

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

Turtle Meenage Nurtle Tutant

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

I think borrowing heavily from one of the Adventure games or Sonic X could have turned this into something passable. None of those plots would have fit into a two hour film without heavy modification but you'd at least have a basis to go with.

It's actually really strange that they're not taking the route of Sonic hanging out with a human character that's closer to the audience for the franchise now that I think about it. Chris is far from a good character but I could see what they were going for.

• Thumbs Up 4

24 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"

I'm a way bigger Sonic fan than TMNT fan, but looking at the names alone, 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' sounds a hell of a lot more exciting than 'Sonic the hedgehog'.

I wouldn't really blame anyone who never heard of Sonic before to assume it's in the same category as 'My Little Pony' just by name alone. Something about a cutesy hedgehog.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

First off... eww:

https://toywiz.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-performance-sonic-13-inch-talking-figure/

Second off:  Eggman's called Robotnik.  Lends some credence.

Also lending credence: https://toywiz.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-baby-sonic-85-inch-plush/

Wait, there is going to be plush version of a Baby Sonic? Does that confirmed that there will be a younger version of Sonic appearing in the movie?

• Thumbs Up 2