Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Honestly I've never known so little about a movie this late into it coming out the same year. Especially in like 8 months. H

We didn't know a think about Detective Pikachu until recently. No one knows anything about Terminator 6 yet (out before Sonic) or Star Wars really. It's pretty standard practice.

7 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

They have probably kept schtum because they know how volatile the sonic fan base is, yeah the design is a bit shitty and there are a few other questionable moves the movie's team have made but you all know you're going to see it on day one ;) 

I'm not. I want nothing to do with this movie!

1 hour ago, Dr Ryan said:

We didn't know a think about Detective Pikachu until recently. No one knows anything about Terminator 6 yet (out before Sonic) or Star Wars really. It's pretty standard practice.

Yea but we had a detective trailer early November

10 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Dr. Finitevus was created by Karl Bollers.

And Warp Rings were inspired by the Special Stage Rings from Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Yeah I knew Finitevus wasn't a Penders creation but with how he tried to play the whole creators' rights angle despite his mistreatment of his fellow writers and that he also got his hands on 'Evil' Sonic I could easily see Penders using the Warp Rings to try to get legal action taking against the movie, especially now with the current perspective being that this movie is taking inspiration from things like the Sonic Bible and other early American Sonic tropes. It just seems like the perfect opportunity for Penders to make a further ass of himself while trying to also make an ass of everyone else he worked with. Hopefully that won't happen as Sonic doesn't need more legal troubles with Penders because of Archie, though it would be comical if it happened in its own way since outside of BOOM! almost everything American based for Sonic always seems to come back to Penders. Now if only I could tell at that point if my tears would from laughter or despair...

3 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

I'm not familiar with this penders guy but shit, guy sounds like an absolute prick

It's a long read but you should check out the Penders topic here if you really want to see just how messed up and generally hated the man is. I won't go into it more than that here though simply because talking about Penders could derail this topic as much as a Shadow discussion could.

New Aladdin trailer. I just wonder... with so many great movies this year, why can't Sonic get a good live-action thing as well? What's so hard to make about it? 

I know it would still get a lot of flak if it was playing by the books and give us a an actual adaptation of a game, it would have been called dull, boring, but you know what, I would rather have that. I kinda wished this movie to be wild and crazy, but crazy-positive.

6 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

New Aladdin trailer. I just wonder... with so many great movies this year, why can't Sonic get a good live-action thing as well? What's so hard to make about it? 

Aladdin, Jafar, Jasmine and most characters are human in the cartoon and the live-action. Only the genie is the odd-one out. And I'm still not digging Will Smith as genie. So it's really not the same.

5 hours ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

ToysWiz seem to have taken down the Sonic Movie Toy section in their website. Looks like they might have revealed something they shouldn't have. Like the fact that baby sonic is a thing I guess...

Called it.  They obviously weren't supposed to put it up.

21 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Called it.  They obviously weren't supposed to put it up.

Hide contents

Supposedly from the Reddit leak is that there is no CHaos emeralds.  I think that's too big a thing that they could've easily removed the scenes revolving around it and have the test screening still make sense.

Well, maybe for the sequel. What is Sonic's goal in this film? I heard that the warp ring was given to him when he came to Earth and that the one he punched Robotnik into was the one meant for him in case someone discovered he was on Earth. This certainly sounds like Sonic was sent to Earth for a reason and for refuge. Like something bad was happening to his world

It's been long enough that it's an entirely moot point (personally, I grew up with the Eggman name), but sometimes I wonder if it would have been best if his name stayed Robotnik in the west. I mean, King Koopa's still Bowser, Rockman is Megaman, Satoshi's still Ash Ketchum..