Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Exactly! I don't understand why people keep assuming it has to be at this movie, or that movie, or the next movie.. when does that even happen these days? Why wouldn't they just put it on the Internet?

Very true. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I found this interesting comment on one of the cast's Instagram posts.

h64h64h6h764.PNG

If those plot leaks were real than I am pretty sure they would have been removed from the internet by now.

28 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

h64h64h6h764.PNG

If those plot leaks were real than I am pretty sure they would have been removed from the internet by now.

But the AMA was already taken down. 

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

But the AMA was already taken down. 

There are sites on Google News reporting on it...

9 hours ago, Demondeano18 said:

Leaked plot did sound pretty legit tbh.

Did the leak say Robotnik is going to be wearing his iconic suit during a battle with sonic or is this something you only see post credit? I can't remember.

If you mean the one by "Shrek's Donkey", then he said Robotnik only looks like his game self post-credit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I jokingly guessed about Robotniks design back in January so either its true and my low expectations were met or its made up with the same low expectation of Hollywood.

ShreksDonkey said he doesn't wear the flight suit til the very end, but he didn't say post-credits to my knowledge. It's possible he could look like Eggman in the last fight scene of the movie.

16 hours ago, MrPolynomialX said:

h64h64h6h764.PNG

Maybe it's possible that if we comb through the set photos we will actually see Robotnik's movie look, if the stand in is dressed in the same outfit...? Look for a guy in a long black coat I guess.

Just a thought!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

I got a little confused at this actually.
By acting to the standin for Dr Robotnik did he mean it in a representative sense? That the actor Frank Turner plays a role who approaches Tom with a message from Dr Robotnik or was he simply standing in Jim Carreys place while he was away or something?

It's usually someone dressed as the character for over-the-shoulder shots or shots of the character from where you can't see their face or when the actor isn't needed to actually do any acting. Just a stand in when it isn't focused on them. Because you don't need to have the A-list actor there for those shots. I assume that's what the person means here.

Edit: Although without knowing the context of the scene or what Jim Carrey looks like or what he's doing I could be off here. He could be heavily CGI for all I know and they just needed someone there as a stand-in for eyeline for the other actors.

Second edit: I find it bizarre that we haven't seen Jim Carrey on set if he's actually in these scenes talking to other actors. I don't know why he wouldn't be there unless he's so massively CGI that he doesn't need to be? Perhaps he is? CGI'd onto a fat guy? Maybe the black coat Eggman is temporary because the haven't finished the effects yet? Pure speculation from me, but I find it all a bit odd. (I'm sure when the movie drops it will all become clear though!)

12 minutes ago, Rabid-Coot said:

A black lab coat is easily worth 10 pages and a 24 hour lock.

You don't mess with Sonic, sure, makes sense.

But everyone knows,

you don't fuck with Eggman.

• Chuckle 4

Of all the characters looks changing, Robotnik's changing bothers me the least. Especially for an origin story 

I still think it'll be May when Detective Pikachu comes out when we get a trailer, but there could be something going on at SXSW. Be prepared tommorow for anything (or don't get your hopes up and be satisfied or pleasantly surprised).

While this is utterly unlikely given what we know about the live action Sonic Movie, I honestly feel like there needs to at least be an intro for Eggman that’s got the same surreal yet ominous tone as the intro to the 2005 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, which for Sonic would just show the construction of Eggman mechs, all the while having a Danny Elfman-esque song playing.

The scene I linked honestly feels like something that would fit Eggman pretty well.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

So, TrailerTrack doesn’t think that the trailer will be shown at SXSW.

Maybe, instead of a trailer, we could see Sonic’s actual design for the movie. I guess we will have to see about this tomorrow.

For something of a reference, Ghostbusters 2016’s first trailer released in March and the movie itself released 4 months later in July. If a trailer for Sonic released in April with Avengers, it would be at least 7 months prior to release.

• Nice Smile 1

Right now my expectations range from a short sneak peak to how are they going to address the room to shut down questions.

• Thumbs Up 4

Or "Wait...We'a have one'a more a big announcement", and then it's literally 9 seconds from the film that hardly says anything and the panel ends.

• Thumbs Up 1