Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

9 hours ago, Alexios31 said:

I've been trying to tell people this since before Trailer Tracker said anything.

It's going to release when Detective Pikachu comes out. There's no way in hell they would have released a trailer in February or March (8-9 months before the movie even comes out), and I doubt April. Detective Pikachu. Live action video game movie with comedic elements and has an animal as the main character, advertised during the trailers for another live action video game movie with comedic elements and has an animal as the main character, 6 months before it releases.

It just

Makes

Sense

That is something advertisers (even if they're unaware that it could potentially get overshadowed) are going to take advantage of. It might even be possible that they did this on purpose from the very beginning of Paramount's production when they researched that Detective Pikachu is coming out the same year.

May 10th 2019 is when we're getting a trailer for the Sonic movie. Either that or I could be completely wrong and it comes out during Avengers Endgame, and that's why Patrick Casey can't stop talking about Marvel lmao.

Since, the day that the movie Twitter account had been set up, I find it strange that they uploaded a few posts, like and retweet a couple of tweets and stop after that. Their last post that they posted was a 10 year challenge meme post, and that was the last post that they posted. What seem to be going on with them not posting anything new? It's been 3 months, since that last post.

Someone drew Amy and Vector in movie style. How would you feel about this, if these are real and if they were in the movie? I think these look great.

BTW, the artist who made these pictures is JoeAdok from DeviantArt.:

Spoiler

dd2oqq8-f8644566-7660-47f2-bb33-d76a7324678c.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2YxNmE3ZTBhLTM2ZjktNDNjYy05NDFmLTQzNDdhOWFlNjg5MFwvZGQyb3FxOC1mODY0NDU2Ni03NjYwLTQ3ZjItYmIzMy1kNzZhNzMyNDY3OGMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.Aumi7JNGf9Zhr25HEeuyQP8mQbSSWByhuiF9jtDQa4Ebig_vector_by_joeadok_dd24r1n-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTExMyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2YxNmE3ZTBhLTM2ZjktNDNjYy05NDFmLTQzNDdhOWFlNjg5MFwvZGQyNHIxbi05ZmQ4MDQzOC1kOTVmLTRkYmQtYmU5Yy00NjFmNjFhNDhkM2YucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTgwMiJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.LTl2mL1i9ORrzQhz8RYByUqlHvnf-8EPQnI8ZaEt6x4

Source:

Amy

Vector

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

On 3/20/2019 at 1:49 AM, MrPolynomialX said:

Unrelated, but I believe the same studio doing the animation for this movie are working on this for netflix.

Off topic but I started watching this, Tim Miller is also involved. It's dark noir but a bit like Deadpool in the sense that it's splatter, there's a lot of violence and dark humor, and is an Anthology series like Black Mirror, in the sense that each episode is a disconnected story. Recommended to all adults here.

12 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

image.png.97e29a1d15f85fde8a8fe01b52c4f54c.png

Well if anything, those boots look nice. She's a bit short though...or something.

Fanart inspired by the movie designs while still weird to me does at least look a little better because its going back towards cartoony.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Someone drew Amy and Vector in movie style. How would you feel about this, if these are real and if they were in the movie? I think these look great.

BTW, the artist who made these pictures is JoeAdok from DeviantArt.:

Hide contents

dd2oqq8-f8644566-7660-47f2-bb33-d76a7324678c.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2YxNmE3ZTBhLTM2ZjktNDNjYy05NDFmLTQzNDdhOWFlNjg5MFwvZGQyb3FxOC1mODY0NDU2Ni03NjYwLTQ3ZjItYmIzMy1kNzZhNzMyNDY3OGMucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.Aumi7JNGf9Zhr25HEeuyQP8mQbSSWByhuiF9jtDQa4Ebig_vector_by_joeadok_dd24r1n-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTExMyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2YxNmE3ZTBhLTM2ZjktNDNjYy05NDFmLTQzNDdhOWFlNjg5MFwvZGQyNHIxbi05ZmQ4MDQzOC1kOTVmLTRkYmQtYmU5Yy00NjFmNjFhNDhkM2YucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTgwMiJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.LTl2mL1i9ORrzQhz8RYByUqlHvnf-8EPQnI8ZaEt6x4

Source:

Amy

Vector

That Amy actually looks nice. Really don't mind this design making her look short since it adds to the cute factor and can imagine Tails working too with a similar approach.

Vector takes a bit to get used to since the more realistic reptilian features makes it harder to convey emotion, but I'm sure it can be pulled off. I do see this particular design grow on me the more I look at it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, MrPolynomialX said:

I think the filmmakers best bet is to ignore the fans!

If you aren't going to do something for the f ans, then what's the point in banking on the name of the brand and the character?

• Thumbs Up 9

3 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

I believe random twitter person.

And Ken Penders 🙂 

Spoiler

Kappa

3 hours ago, DreamSaturn said:

If you aren't going to do something for the f ans, then what's the point in banking on the name of the brand and the character?

This!

There's a reason why the last Transformers film went for something closer to the G1 designs, which was a very well received decision. If you want the fans to give you their money, then give them something they will love and enjoy, not something that punishes them for being invested in your franchise. (*looks at Ryan Johnson* >.> )

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Absolutely 1

I don't believe random Twitter guy (I think it's waaaaayyyyy too late to make that decision), but Paramount (mainly Nickelodeon) has been recently cancelling a lot of stuff and putting it on Netflix. The Loud House Movie was originally going to be in theaters but is now being put to Netflix for example. Invader Zim was going to have a TV movie but is being put to Netflix now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, while it's true they have cancelled various stuff, they can't cancel all their movies, they have Terminator and Sonic out in November, correct? It would be an extremely bad move to put it on Netflix.

And I'm sure that if… footage is being show at Cinemacon, we will get something to the public, a teaser maybe? Idk, exclusive material for members for sure.

I don't know guys. Paramount has been unusually quiet about the Sonic movie and the twitter page for the movie hasn't had any activity in quite awhile. The SXSW panel had nothing either.

I don't think Paramount has any confidence in this movie whatsoever.

Also, Junkie XL just signed on to do Terminator 6, which releases right around the same time as Sonic. Is it normal for composers to score TWO films at the same time? (Could JunkieXL have quietly dropped out of Sonic due to its cancellation and now is doing Terminator instead?)

https://screenrant.com/terminator-6-junkie-xl-score-soundtrack/

I'm a bit nervous right now.

5 minutes ago, Myst said:

I don't know guys. Paramount has been unusually quiet about the Sonic movie and the twitter page for the movie hasn't had any activity in quite awhile. The SXSW panel had nothing either.

Also, Junkie XL just signed on to do Terminator 6, which releases right around the same time as Sonic. Is it normal for composers to score TWO films at the same time? (Could JunkieXL have quietly dropped out of Sonic due to its cancellation and now is doing Terminator instead?)

Don't be. I think we are overestimating the negative fan reaction online to the old designs, they are taking feedback to improve the design at least, and if the rumors are true, then the reaction to the test screening was "unanimously positive" so why would they be worried (assuming it's true)?

Now, if the movie is truly bad, then Paramount is right to be worried...

Anyway about the silence… they are being silent about Terminator too, and Detective Pikachu also got the same treatment… silence and then a big trailer out of nowhere few months before release.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

55 minutes ago, Myst said:

Michael Giachinno has had several films scored at the same time. Two that come to mind were last years Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Incredibles 2. Both great scores. So yeah, no problem on that front.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

45 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

....Composers score multiples films at the same time literally all the time. 

Alright then. I was under the impression scoring a film took a long time to do. I've seen documentaries on composers like Hans Zimmer where he takes lots of time and effort, changing, editing and reworking pieces of music to fit with the director's vision.