Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I don't even care about the design at this point if I'm going to be 100% honest. It sounds like it's going to be a hilarious action buddy cop comedy.

5 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

... ... Anyone else here who has been in an adult relationship want to point out why that dialogue isn't raunchy?

Because mate... that ain't raunchy, it's shit.

Hey man, I've been an adult for 6 years now and I'm positive in saying that all it is Is humor with double entendre 

2 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

I dunno man, The Room and Cool Cat made for some pretty great comedies in how bad they were. I imagine this will be no different.

I doubt it. Cool Cat and the Room are entertainingly awful because they are so weird. They're a cinematic oddity coming from one man with an ego problem the size of the moon, and with no concept of how awkward his film is, and another man is just an oddity in of himself, and pursued a dream to make a movie, even with all the troubles, and how much of a disaster he himself made the movie.

Both of them have an entertaining and curious oddity behind them that makes them so good to watch. They're so absolutely inept and godawful in such insane ways, to which you have to wonder how anyone could've thought these ideas up.

From what we've heard of the trailers, it doesn't even sound entertainingly bad, it just sounds out right bad. The dialogue and ideas behind it are the same kind of stupid shit we've had before in Bay Turtles which got immense backlash and forced retooling, and they're nothing short of absolute cringe. When I think of Gangster's Paradise, Everybody Dance Now, and that kind of dialogue above, I don't think "this is going to be such a beautiful train wreck", I just cringe at how downright awful it all sounds.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I doubt it. Cool Cat and the Room are entertainingly awful because they are so weird. They're a cinematic oddity coming from one man with an ego problem the size of the moon, and with no concept of how awkward his film is, and another man is just an oddity in of himself, and pursued a dream to make a movie, even with all the troubles, and how much of a disaster he himself made the movie.

Both of them have an entertaining and curious oddity behind them that makes them so good to watch. They're so absolutely inept and godawful in such insane ways, to which you have to wonder how anyone could've thought these ideas up.

From what we've heard of the trailers, it doesn't even sound entertainingly bad, it just sounds out right bad. The dialogue and ideas behind it are the same kind of stupid shit we've had before in Bay Turtles which got immense backlash and forced retooling, and they're nothing short of absolute cringe. When I think of Gangster's Paradise, Everybody Dance Now, and that kind of dialogue above, I don't think "this is going to be such a beautiful train wreck", I just cringe at how downright awful it all sounds.

The production story is completely irrelevant to how entertaining in how bad it could be. Somebody unironically looking at Sonic, a cartoon hedgehog, and thinking he needed to be more realistic and have a cop best friend, is pretty hilarious to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Article is saying Robotnick is "painfully unfunny", yet everyone else on Twitter says he's hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Promotion 1

Just now, Gamecuber64 said:

Article is saying Robotnick is "painfully unfunny", yet everyone else on Twitter says he's hilarious.

Slashfilm has been pretty pessimistic for what I've read of there's, just saying.

I have a tiny drop of optimism for this film. It needs to be REALLY weird to play the "uncanny" card. 

Really, there were only two directions they could've gone with a live action film... either Sonic is already a normal part of the world, or they play it like X. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Slashfilm has a bias problem with things they don't like. They similarly trashed the Child's Play remake before we knew anything about it because the original creatives weren't involved. Don't pay them any mind if you don't want biased journalism 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

3 minutes ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Slashfilm has been pretty pessimistic for what I've read of there's, just saying.

Or, crazy idea, they just has a different opinion and isn’t being positive because they genuinely doesn’t find it that good looking. A majority liking something doesn’t invalidate other views. Let’s not throw “bias” in just cause someone isn’t singing the Sonic movie praises 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

Slashfilm has a bias problem with things they don't like. They similarly trashed the Child's Play remake before we knew anything about it because the original creatives weren't involved. Don't pay them any mind if you don't want biased journalism 

All journalism is biased.

2 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Opinions, are by their very definition, biased.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MrPolynomialX said:

This kind of ruined all the hype for the reveals for me...

kill me now.jpg

But... why? It's a person's opinion on JUST the designs. This is the classic Sonic community problem of clinging to impressions like biblical quotes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Or, crazy idea, they just has a different opinion and isn’t being positive because they genuinely doesn’t find it that good looking. A majority liking something doesn’t invalidate other views. Let’s not throw “bias” in just cause someone isn’t singing the Sonic movie praises 

Fair enough. But by the same token, you can't use that article to somehow "validate" your feelings over what you're hearing as if that's the general consensus. They've been against this movie from the beginning. Everybody else loves what they saw of Carrey

Btw Sonic is described as fighting Autobot-lit robots. Glad they won't just be flying "drones" 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, PeterPancake said:

Fair enough. But by the same token, you can't use that article to somehow "validate" your feelings over what you're hearing as if that's the general consensus. They've been against this movie from the beginning. Everybody else loves what they saw of Carrey

But people being positive is allowed to be used to validate those looking forward to it just because it’s a majority.

Not everybody. C'mon no way everyone is gonna be pleased about this.

I'm definitely gonna need 20 more years of therapy after the trailer drops.

Oh god that Dreamcastguy person wasn't lying this whole time about the trailer? Pfffft, this movie's gonna be the death of me I swear lmao

Spoiler

The Reddit AMA also actually has merit now apparently?? God either movies like this are getting easier to predict or the guy was actually tellin the truth

Well since that's true now apparently, that means flossing Sonic is prolly a real thing now... not sure if I'm ready for that lol

Just now, Palette said:

Hide contents

apparently, that means flossing Sonic is a real thing now... not sure if I'm ready for that lol

Me neither.  That's the one thing that actually has me scared more than anything LMFAO.  

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing keeping my hopes for this movie alive are the descriptions given out by the plot leaker...

Just a reminder for the people cringing at the song choice...

Of all of the choices made around this film so far, the strategy to use 90's music in the trailers is BY FAR the most positive IMO

I mean, come on... Sonic 3 literally sounded like modern pop music at the time. 

This track is gonna rock the trailer 

• Thumbs Up 1

It is slowly falling apart...

There is no way this movie will be given good reviews from critics...

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

But people being positive is allowed to be used to validate those looking forward to it just because it’s a majority.

I mean, I haven seen anyone do this. I'm certainly not 

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I was talking about in general.  Like other movie's too.  I've yet to read anything that they didn't throw one insult.

• Thumbs Up 1