Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

3 minutes ago, Myst said:

Oh look Sonic fans bitching and moaning about a new Sonic project. What a shocker! 

This sounds like lots of fun to me! I'll be there November 8 with a big smile on my face, you whiny Squidwards!

If you don't understand why people don't like what they're seeing and hearing here, then you simply don't want to.

• Thumbs Up 8

26 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

Let's be honest here, the movie does need to be wild and crazy, but in the positive connotation of the term, it needs to nail it. I'm not sure so far...

Yeah. It needs to have a personalityor literally anything that screams Sonic.

I have never felt angrier about something Sonic related save for maybe Mobius 25 Years Later in the Archie comic. Everything I hear is like legit making me mad. The weird part is reading about James Marsden's character saying he was breastfed in response to Robotnik's rant about making formula while he was drinking formula. It just isn't funny. Like holy God say what you will about Pontaff but they're better than...that!

2 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

Your entire arugments are a whole lot of "cans" and "maybes", especially for outdated examples. There's a reason Out of the Shadows was a commercial flop.

Well, that's all we have to go on right now. Until the movie comes out, all of our speculations, ideas etc are based in hypothesis. Can this movie fail horribly? Yes. Can it succeed? Absolutely. I'm choosing to remain on the positive side and hope this movie can be successful enough for the brand 

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

Yeah. It needs to have a personalityor literally anything that screams Sonic.

I have never felt angrier about something Sonic related save for maybe Mobius 25 Years Later in the Archie comic. Everything I hear is like legit making me mad. The weird part is reading about James Marsden's character saying he was breastfed in response to Robotnik's rant about making formula while he was drinking formula. It just isn't funny. Like holy God say what you will about Pontaff but they're better than...that!

I laughed at that joke. 

5 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

If you don't understand why people don't like what they're seeing and hearing here, then you simply don't want to.

They aren't seeing anything. They're seeing early designs and impressions. Wait for the damn trailer 🙄

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Myst said:

Oh look Sonic fans bitching and moaning about a new Sonic project. What a shocker! 

This sounds like lots of fun to me! I'll be there November 8 with a big smile on my face, you whiny Squidwards!

Considering how the Sonic fan base gets divided over everything, seeing any sort of negativity is pretty much normal for me.

• Promotion 2

Just now, Sr101 said:

They aren't seeing anything. They're seeing early designs and impressions. Wait for the damn trailer 🙄

We literally have a description of the trailer, some of the jokes it uses, some of the plot points it conveys, and have had this for what seems to now have been months because that leak from way long ago turned out true. 

How exactly will the trailer change these criticisms when these criticisms are literally coming from the description of said trailer?

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Sr101 said:

"Early" designs that, were sent out to people making the merchandise for this movie. "Early" designs that were seen by the people at CinemaCon.

If you really think people's worries are baseless, when people who are excited are working off the exact same information, then I don't know what to tell you.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Myst said:

Except we didn't do that with Mania did we?

If what you want is people praising every Sonic related thing then you need to move to an alternate dimension.

Maybe if the film makers made a movie that actually draws from the source material rather than distance itself from it then we wouldn't complain, ever thought of that?

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We literally have a description of the trailer, some of the jokes it uses, some of the plot points it conveys, and have had this for what seems to now have been months because that leak from way long ago turned out true. 

How exactly will the trailer change these criticisms when these criticisms are literally coming from the description of said trailer?

2 words: Mario + Rabbids. 

In my opinion, if this movie turns out by some chance good, then it will probably be at Aquaman levels of good.

Ludicrous but fun.

Just now, Sr101 said:

2 words: Mario + Rabbids. 

Your point being? We knew Mario + Rabbids was a thing, we didn't literally have leak after leak after leak, and description after detailed description about what the game would entail, the type of humour it entails, and everything like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I realize now that this movie is not going to be everybody's cup of tea. I do believe that there are SOME things about this movie that absolutely do have cause for concern for fans. But the only way to know for sure: to make final, conclusive judgment on this product, is to see for yourself. That's what I'm gonna do this November. And I hope I enjoy this movie. If nothing, it will be nice to see a new generation of kids introduced to Sonic the same way I was in the late 90s. And who knows? Maybe they'll find their way to the games 

• Promotion 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Your point being? We knew Mario + Rabbids was a thing, we didn't literally have leak after leak after leak, and description after detailed description about what the game would entail, the type of humour it entails, and everything like that.

We actually did. We had a literal internal powerpoint leak JUST like this film. Until we see the results of this project, it would be foolish to write it off based on the "on-paper" descriptions. 

4 minutes ago, pppp said:

Except we didn't do that with Mania did we?

You'd be surprised

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm not really sure what your point is? Yeah, there's donkey-dragon babies, but given the rest of the movie is incredibly well-made, funny, and has an actual good lesson that isn't patronising, I have my doubts it got a standing ovation for donkey-dragon babies.

Is it that good? A good lesson? In the first Shrek we learn that it isn't what's on the outside that counts, but what's inside. Then Shrek 2 comes and "what if its inside that counts"? Whaaaaat??? Possibly responsible for why we have The Big Bang Theory and The Emoji Movie. Simon Cowell acting like... Simon Cowell. My point is, it may be a critically and commercially successful film, since it relies on a reference as good as a joke, it set the ball rolling for its less than well recieved sequels, and for the likes of The Big Bang Theory and The Emoji Movie.

Incredible box office takings is not a sign of quality.

1 minute ago, Sr101 said:

We actually did. We had a literal internal powerpoint leak JUST like this film. Until we see the results of this project, it would be foolish to write it off based on the "on-paper" descriptions. 

I reiterate: we're working off the exact same information here. If it's foolish to be pessimistic, then it's equally foolish to be excited.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, PeterPancake said:

But the only way to know for sure: to make final, conclusive judgment on this product, is to see for yourself. That's what I'm gonna do this November.

So we’re now going the Forces route regarding people’s complaints. The “wait and see, play the game/watch the movie, to see if you’re right” argument is really ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 8

Sonic doesn't have the good graces for a "wait and see". If we had a whole bunch of shitty to mediocre games, maybe more people would be willing to give things like this the benefit of the doubt.

But I'm a firm believer that where there's smoke, there's a fire. Eventually there are too many red flags to simply ignore.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 minutes ago, Sr101 said:

YMCA is a song about... um...yeah.

About what? Why’d you spell out all the other ones, then stop short on this one. Is YMCA about something even worse than wanting to die after a loss?

On topic, I really hope they release a trailer soon, so I finally stop wildly speculating to myself about this movie.

Just now, Kellan said:

About what? Why’d you spell out all the other ones, then stop short on this one. Is YMCA about something even worse than wanting to die after a loss?

On topic, I really hope they release a trailer soon, so I finally stop wildly speculating to myself about this movie.

This is kind of off topic of the Sonic movie, but there's a theory that it's about being gay, since it says "You can stay with the boys."  Personally, I believe based on the timing it was based of the ability to stay at the YMCA after a war, as it was a common practice for them to allow veterans to stay there.

2 minutes ago, Kellan said:

Because it's a myth that the song is actually based around what people claim it is. The point being you can make anything mean ANYTHING if you try hard enough. 

• Thumbs Up 1