Jump to content
Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Recommended Posts

Here is the whole description.:

 

The first trailer starts with a police car sitting on the side of a road in a town called Green Hills, just keeping an eye on traffic. Just then, a blue streak goes by and the gun reads 760 mph. The officer, played by James Marsden, can’t believe it. Cut to the Paramount logo which, instead of stars around the mountain, had gold rings.

The camera is zooming down a street, then through a forest, as a tagline similar to “Every hero has a Genesis” graces the screen. The camera enters some kind of lair filled with a bunch of crappy worn out shoes. Back on the street, a blue being is stretching. It’s revealed to be Sonic, who is probably about four feet tall, wears no clothing (save for his shoes) and has a well-defined—I almost want to say cute—face. He shoots off running, creating a huge explosion of energy.

Marsden’s officer finds Sonic in a house and is startled by him. Later they’re in a car together and Sonic explains he’s here to save the world. Meanwhile, a large tank comes up behind them, so Sonic jumps out of the car, races at the vehicle, and smashes through it. He thinks he’s won, but then another vehicle drops from the remains of the previous one. Many more shots follow including one of Marsden’s character falling and Sonic creating a ring for him to fall through, which saves him.

In another scene, Marsden’s character, along with one played by Tika Sumpter, sneak into a building. Sonic is stuffed in a gym bag and Marsden tells him to be quiet. Sonic says he can’t breathe in there. He keeps fidgeting and someone says, “Do you have your child in there?” No, Marsden says. It’s a child, but not his child.

 

Cut to Sonic on the side of a building, a huge spaceship-looking thing shoots what seems like hundreds of guns at him with tons of bullets flying. But Sonic doesn’t sweat it. He just stands there, says “Oh look, I took nine million steps today,” and then starts disabling all the weapons in slow motion. The footage ends with a brief look at Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik who finds a blue strand of hair filled with electricity.

When the lights came up at CinemaCon, Carrey took the stage. He demanded Paramount show more of his character so, the lights went back down, and we were graced with a second Sonictrailer, this one focused on Dr. Robotnik.

 

In his main form, Dr. Robotnik looks like a mad scientist. Dark hair, thin handlebar mustache, and dark black clothes. The military is tracking some kind of electric anomaly (Sonic, we presume) and, very cautiously, call in the only man with the expertise for this kind of thing. Robotnik arrives and immediately takes control of the operation. But not in a respectful way. Think Ace Ventura. Loud, boisterous, a little annoying, that’s Carrey’s take on the character.

He’s got an assistant and he explains they need to catch this creature, dissect it, and find out what makes it tick. There’s a scene of him dancing to “Everybody Dance Now” by C+C Music Factory in his lab, only to be interrupted by his assistant who has a latte for him. He meets Marsden’s character and gives him shit. Finally, in the final shot of the trailer, we see the character as you remember him from the video game, with a bald head, larger mustache, and a red shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mayor D said:

Did anyone seriously think it wasn't going to be an action movie?

I know but the set pieces sound really exciting. Sonic pulling a "Quicksilver" for instance 

Btw that Reddit leak is definitely real. Sonic is found by the Government because of an electrical disturbance caused by his speed exactly as that guy described 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here is the whole description.:

  Hide contents

The first trailer starts with a police car sitting on the side of a road in a town called Green Hills, just keeping an eye on traffic. Just then, a blue streak goes by and the gun reads 760 mph. The officer, played by James Marsden, can’t believe it. Cut to the Paramount logo which, instead of stars around the mountain, had gold rings.

The camera is zooming down a street, then through a forest, as a tagline similar to “Every hero has a Genesis” graces the screen. The camera enters some kind of lair filled with a bunch of crappy worn out shoes. Back on the street, a blue being is stretching. It’s revealed to be Sonic, who is probably about four feet tall, wears no clothing (save for his shoes) and has a well-defined—I almost want to say cute—face. He shoots off running, creating a huge explosion of energy.

Marsden’s officer finds Sonic in a house and is startled by him. Later they’re in a car together and Sonic explains he’s here to save the world. Meanwhile, a large tank comes up behind them, so Sonic jumps out of the car, races at the vehicle, and smashes through it. He thinks he’s won, but then another vehicle drops from the remains of the previous one. Many more shots follow including one of Marsden’s character falling and Sonic creating a ring for him to fall through, which saves him.

In another scene, Marsden’s character, along with one played by Tika Sumpter, sneak into a building. Sonic is stuffed in a gym bag and Marsden tells him to be quiet. Sonic says he can’t breathe in there. He keeps fidgeting and someone says, “Do you have your child in there?” No, Marsden says. It’s a child, but not his child.

 

Cut to Sonic on the side of a building, a huge spaceship-looking thing shoots what seems like hundreds of guns at him with tons of bullets flying. But Sonic doesn’t sweat it. He just stands there, says “Oh look, I took nine million steps today,” and then starts disabling all the weapons in slow motion. The footage ends with a brief look at Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik who finds a blue strand of hair filled with electricity.

When the lights came up at CinemaCon, Carrey took the stage. He demanded Paramount show more of his character so, the lights went back down, and we were graced with a second Sonictrailer, this one focused on Dr. Robotnik.

 

In his main form, Dr. Robotnik looks like a mad scientist. Dark hair, thin handlebar mustache, and dark black clothes. The military is tracking some kind of electric anomaly (Sonic, we presume) and, very cautiously, call in the only man with the expertise for this kind of thing. Robotnik arrives and immediately takes control of the operation. But not in a respectful way. Think Ace Ventura. Loud, boisterous, a little annoying, that’s Carrey’s take on the character.

He’s got an assistant and he explains they need to catch this creature, dissect it, and find out what makes it tick. There’s a scene of him dancing to “Everybody Dance Now” by C+C Music Factory in his lab, only to be interrupted by his assistant who has a latte for him. He meets Marsden’s character and gives him shit. Finally, in the final shot of the trailer, we see the character as you remember him from the video game, with a bald head, larger mustache, and a red shirt.

I NEEEEEEEEEED THIS TRAILERRRRRRRR!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

What else was in the reddit leak? I want to know what I'm for

Here are some that was in that leak.:

Spoiler

There is only one car chase. Sonic floss dance after that. There is only one product placement in the movie. It is Olive Garden (Odd choice to choose as product placement)  There are a few references to it.

Tika's character official name is Annie. She is an veterinarian. Since Sonic knows her when he watched Tom and her from afar as being kind to animals, he think he could trust both of them. 

They used a Toyota Tacoma which is owned by Tom. The truck ended up getting its roof chopped up by Eggman's drones, which lead to a conflict between Sonic and Tom.

I assume this truck that was spotted on set is Tom's.v1wtfpwya6m11.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope eggman and sonic know each other and eggman is not just some regular evil guy on earth that wants to kill sonic.

5 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here are some that was in that leak.:

  Hide contents

There is only one car chase. Sonic floss dance after that. There is only one product placement in the movie. It is Olive Garden (Odd choice to choose as product placement)  There are a few references to it.

Tika's character official name is Annie. She is an veterinarian. Since Sonic knows her when he watched Tom and her from afar as being kind to animals, he think he could trust both of them. 

They used a Toyota Tacoma which is owned by Tom. The truck ended up getting its roof chopped up by Eggman's drones, which lead to a conflict between Sonic and Tom.

I assume this truck that was spotted on set is Tom's.v1wtfpwya6m11.jpg

 

 

 

WHAT DID I TELL ALL OF YOU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably won't like the movie as it isn't what I want to see out of a Sonic movie, but I think there's a good chance general audiences will like it. It does sound kind of genuinely funny and charming. I'm sure the action sequences will be decent and Schwartz & Carrey will deliver solid performances. 

The die-hard Sonic fan like myself wants to see a movie about Sonic and his friends, on his home planet and seeing his beautiful video game world come to life. But for the GA, what this movie is going for may just be enough. 

It won't be good, but I don't think it's going to be the most universally hated atrocity to ever grace cinema. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here is the whole description.:

  Hide contents

The first trailer starts with a police car sitting on the side of a road in a town called Green Hills, just keeping an eye on traffic. Just then, a blue streak goes by and the gun reads 760 mph. The officer, played by James Marsden, can’t believe it. Cut to the Paramount logo which, instead of stars around the mountain, had gold rings.

The camera is zooming down a street, then through a forest, as a tagline similar to “Every hero has a Genesis” graces the screen. The camera enters some kind of lair filled with a bunch of crappy worn out shoes. Back on the street, a blue being is stretching. It’s revealed to be Sonic, who is probably about four feet tall, wears no clothing (save for his shoes) and has a well-defined—I almost want to say cute—face. He shoots off running, creating a huge explosion of energy.

Marsden’s officer finds Sonic in a house and is startled by him. Later they’re in a car together and Sonic explains he’s here to save the world. Meanwhile, a large tank comes up behind them, so Sonic jumps out of the car, races at the vehicle, and smashes through it. He thinks he’s won, but then another vehicle drops from the remains of the previous one. Many more shots follow including one of Marsden’s character falling and Sonic creating a ring for him to fall through, which saves him.

In another scene, Marsden’s character, along with one played by Tika Sumpter, sneak into a building. Sonic is stuffed in a gym bag and Marsden tells him to be quiet. Sonic says he can’t breathe in there. He keeps fidgeting and someone says, “Do you have your child in there?” No, Marsden says. It’s a child, but not his child.

 

Cut to Sonic on the side of a building, a huge spaceship-looking thing shoots what seems like hundreds of guns at him with tons of bullets flying. But Sonic doesn’t sweat it. He just stands there, says “Oh look, I took nine million steps today,” and then starts disabling all the weapons in slow motion. The footage ends with a brief look at Jim Carrey as Dr. Robotnik who finds a blue strand of hair filled with electricity.

When the lights came up at CinemaCon, Carrey took the stage. He demanded Paramount show more of his character so, the lights went back down, and we were graced with a second Sonictrailer, this one focused on Dr. Robotnik.

 

In his main form, Dr. Robotnik looks like a mad scientist. Dark hair, thin handlebar mustache, and dark black clothes. The military is tracking some kind of electric anomaly (Sonic, we presume) and, very cautiously, call in the only man with the expertise for this kind of thing. Robotnik arrives and immediately takes control of the operation. But not in a respectful way. Think Ace Ventura. Loud, boisterous, a little annoying, that’s Carrey’s take on the character.

He’s got an assistant and he explains they need to catch this creature, dissect it, and find out what makes it tick. There’s a scene of him dancing to “Everybody Dance Now” by C+C Music Factory in his lab, only to be interrupted by his assistant who has a latte for him. He meets Marsden’s character and gives him shit. Finally, in the final shot of the trailer, we see the character as you remember him from the video game, with a bald head, larger mustache, and a red shirt.

Alright, now... all of THAT right there... sounds really awesome. Sounds like something I could have genuine fun with AND good laughs, both at the ridiculousness AND the intended jokes. And Jim Carrey as Eggman sounds like an over-the-top HOOT, which I absolutely love the sound of. xDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tara said:

 

 

 

 

A reminder that we generally frown upon posts of this nature.  Like, just once isn't really a huge deal, but let's not make this a running gag please, thanks.

I said "Green hill" because he asked me what's in Sonic 1 from this movie that isn't just Robotnick and Sonic. Although I probably should have been more descriptive.

 

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

Did anyone seriously think it wasn't going to be an action movie?

I'm surprised that it has a heavy emphasis on comedic elements. Though I'm also satisfied because I WANTED it to be funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Talis Channel’s video on the trailers that were shown and it actually sounds better than I thought it might , but without seeing it though........ Jim Carrey sounds promising as that man always gives an amazing performance anyway. Sonic running at 700 mph and getting stopped?? Sounds kinda funny. I’m sure we will get to see this trailer soon. 

Lastly , turns out that Gangsters Paradise rumour a little while back turned out to be true after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I wish it were Weird Al's "Amish Paradise" instead.

I want Sonic to get Medieval on that hiney. 

Weird Al's trivializing parody of that thoughtful song was one of very few things more insulting to it than the Sonic trailer using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Weird Al's trivializing parody of that thoughtful song was one of very few things more insulting to it than the Sonic trailer using it.

I'm sure Coolio is more than happy with it being used in the trailer. For one it means $$$$$$$$$, secondly this is the same bloke who did the Kenan and Kel theme. I don't think he's opposed to family friendly fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

I thought they would release the trailer this weekend after stirring up a bit of talk from initial reactions, do trailers from CinemaCon usually follow short after it's debut?

No they usually follow along with whatever film comes out like Detective Pikachu or Avengers Endgame ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.