Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

I actually am a bit more optimistic about this movie now.  It's jokes aren't spectacular, but they're not cringey to me, either.

9 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

I really hope that ING video is just a joke, it sounds really lame

They do it on purpose. You know...IGN hates Sonic.

1 minute ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

They do it on purpose. You know...IGN hates Sonic.

so the detailed explanation and dialog they mentioned doesnt happen in the trailer? its just a joke video? 

He does explained the real description of the trailer, but he act like it's really lame and gonna be suck. To me, IMO.

2 minutes ago, SmezMorePrakezz said:

He does explained the real description of the trailer, but he act like it's really lame and gonna be suck. To me, IMO.

Regardless of how he acts, the content and information I got from the trailer ITSELF puts me off. not the acting or the ING editing.

• Thumbs Up 6

Be patient. They haven’t released anything from Cinemacon yet. They’ll do it when they’re ready.

That sounds great. I like the personality of Sonic in this movie. He comes across as a bit a douche has that sets up a great arc for him. 

Now what I wanna know is what is up with the "thousands of futuristic alien ships in the sky" thing. Is this happening in Earth/climax or is it a flashback to Sonic's planet. Also, how is Sonic/why does he need Tom's help to save his home 

Ok, so I look up the official Sonic Movie Twitter page, I’m surprised they didn’t like or retweet any of the announcements from CinemaCon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Be patient. They haven’t released anything from Cinemacon yet. They’ll do it when they’re ready.

They did release a trailer for Rocket Man on their Twitter that time...

Given the Cinemacon trailer for Bumblebee launched 2 months after its CinemaCon debut, I’m not expecting the Sonic trailer to drop for about a month or so right now. Granted, Bee had to undergo reshoots which may have impacted the trailer launch timing, but I’d still say a month is a solid guesstimate.

You know...IGN hates Sonic.

How in god’s name is it 2019 and this grudge is still going 

IGN is not hivemind - I mean for christ’s sake, its global publishing manager made this site!

• Thumbs Up 4

They know people want to see the trailer. But i wonder if not releasing it is hurting more than helping atm. Let us get a impression and see what we think instead of relying on people paid to go to these events that probably do not care but are more interested in getting the clicks for their articles. Good or bad I just want to see something :c

44 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

Arghhhh, I hope Neca makes some Sonic movie figures 

I love LOVE some high end statues...

• Thumbs Up 1

It's like I already said in this topic. The movie premiers in 7 months and we still have no actual proper poster. Paramount has no faith in the project and the marketing team knows the internet is going to trash it completely when it gets shown, so they're holding back on it as much as they can(That's why the movie twitter isn't saying or retweeting anything).

It's kinda like how SEGA promoted the hell out of Mania while having a very hesitant attitude towards Forces by comparison. They were confident in Mania's reception, not so much Forces.

Paramount is sending this movie out to die plain and simple.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, pppp said:

It's like I already said in this topic. The movie premiers in 7 months and we still have no actual proper poster. Paramount has no faith in the project and the marketing team knows the internet is going to trash it completely when it gets shown, so they're holding back on it as much as they can(That's why the movie twitter isn't saying or retweeting anything).

It's kinda like how SEGA promoted the hell out of Mania while having a very hesitant attitude towards Forces by comparison. They were confident in Mania's reception, not so much Forces.

Paramount is sending this movie out to die plain and simple.

On the contrary, this is very standard movie marketing. The same thing happened with Detective Pikachu. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

On the contrary, this is very standard movie marketing. The same thing happened with Detective Pikachu. 

Then how come other movies coming out in November already have trailers?

What movies coming out in November have trailers? Frozen 2, I guess. Paramount is also releasing Terminator in November and we don't have a trailer for that either. Only a few stills. 

If not by the end of this month with Endgame, we are 100% getting one with Detective Pikachu next month. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Paramount is also releasing Terminator in November and we don't have a trailer for that either. Only a few stills.

Still more than what we have of Sonic, what does that tell you?