Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

4 minutes ago, pppp said:

It's like I already said in this topic. The movie premiers in 7 months and we still have no actual proper poster. Paramount has no faith in the project and the marketing team knows the internet is going to trash it completely when it gets shown, so they're holding back on it as much as they can(That's why the movie twitter isn't saying or retweeting anything).

It's kinda like how SEGA promoted the hell out of Mania while having a very hesitant attitude towards Forces by comparison. They were confident in Mania's reception, not so much Forces.

Paramount is sending this movie out to die plain and simple.

On the contrary, this is very standard movie marketing. The same thing happened with Detective Pikachu. 

1 minute ago, Tracker_TD said:

On the contrary, this is very standard movie marketing. The same thing happened with Detective Pikachu. 

Then how come other movies coming out in November already have trailers?

What movies coming out in November have trailers? Frozen 2, I guess. Paramount is also releasing Terminator in November and we don't have a trailer for that either. Only a few stills. 

If not by the end of this month with Endgame, we are 100% getting one with Detective Pikachu next month. 

8 minutes ago, Sonicfan7 said:

Paramount is also releasing Terminator in November and we don't have a trailer for that either. Only a few stills.

Still more than what we have of Sonic, what does that tell you?

8 minutes ago, pppp said:

Still more than what we have of Sonic, what does that tell you?

On the other hand, while The Terminator movie has some official stills released it, has zero posters, meanwhile the Sonic movie has two official posters.

Lol six months us the absolute standard before advertising starts. If anything, Paramount has shown MORE of Sonic than usual at the point. We're all just closer to this particular franchise so are watching closely. Promoting will start sometime in May.

Also, I can't wait for this movie! Sonic fan since '91 here. Looks like we're gonna get a fun, non-SegaSonic canon origin movie! I'm down with that. Sounds great.

3 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

They did release a trailer for Rocket Man on their Twitter that time...

I've said this twice now. That wasn't a new trailer. That had already been released before Cinemacon, they just re-uploaded it on the same day for some reason. Nothing from Cinemacon has been shown yet.

Also, when people are being daft and saying Paramount aren't promoting this: I just got back from the cinema (in the UK). Sure enough, the Sonic posters are up. Nothing for Terminator, Star Wars or any other movies as far away as Sonic. If anything, it's getting MORE promotion. I think Paramount are expecting this to make mega-bucks. And I'm sure it will.

17 minutes ago, Dr Ryan said:

Also, when people are being daft and saying Paramount aren't promoting this: I just got back from the cinema (in the UK). Sure enough, the Sonic posters are up. Nothing for Terminator, Star Wars or any other movies as far away as Sonic. If anything, it's getting MORE promotion. I think Paramount are expecting this to make mega-bucks. And I'm sure it will.

They are. That's why they have a full-fledged merchandise and tie-in campaign ready to go for this movie. They are banking on this film the same way they did Bumblebee 

5 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

I'm going to lose my mind if I see this again.

IGN is a publication with a large host of writers with differing opinions, and among it's management staff is Dreadknux the creator of the Sonic Stadium: THIS WEBSITE. The fact that most of the Sonic games they review are scored poorly might have to do with the fact that most Sonic games aren't good, but it's easier for Sonic fans to visualize a bogeyman rather than think critically. 

More on topic, IGN's play by play of the trailer is accurate. Their unamused flavor is also warranted, this movie's premise is downright strange. 

The sooner this trailer drops, the better. 

Hey, I saw plenty good reviews from ign, Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3, Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure, Pocket Adventure, the og SA1, og SA2, Heroes, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, Colors, Generations, Sonic Mania, those were all VERY positive reviews (8,5 and above) and I'm probably even missing some others.

IGN is not a goddamn hivemind that hates Sonic The Hedgehog.

2 hours ago, JosepHenry said:

Hey, I saw plenty good reviews from ign, Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3, Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure, Pocket Adventure, the og SA1, og SA2, Heroes, Sonic 4 Ep. 1, Colors, Generations, Sonic Mania, those were all VERY positive reviews (8,5 and above) and I'm probably even missing some others.

IGN is not a goddamn hivemind that hates Sonic The Hedgehog.

Those are actually all my favorite games  in the franchise too (except maybe Sonic 4). Holy shit!

8 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

Yup they were up when we went to see Captain Marvel, and I believe we’re still not slated to get the Sonic film until Dec 26th much later than the USA (which I won’t be able to see until 2 January anyway)

So because this film is making basic marketing strategies(a few fucking posters), paramount are apparently expecting this out of all their films to rake in the big money and reviews? ...what? 

I do find it slightly strange how quiet the Sonic movie twitter has gotten. Not even a "See you at CinemaCon!" kind of post.

Then again, there's pretty much nothing they could say that people wouldn't hate, so maybe that's for the best.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

So because this film is making basic marketing strategies(a few fucking posters), paramount are apparently expecting this out of all their films to rake in the big money and reviews? ...what? 

Lol it's their major, big budget family movie for the Christmas period. Of course they're expecting it to make money.

I mentioned the posters in response to the ridiculous comments earlier that Paramount are in some way ashamed of this and expecting it to tank and are sweeping it under the carpet.

It's getting more publicity at present than other movies our at that time.

Given how even Sonic games even during Christmas period rarely break sales numbers/records, I’m really not expecting or getting my confidence that high that it will be anything groundbreaking. Especially if there’s anything worth a damn competing with it around that time. Again, this is a video game film. They notoriously don’t tend to go over well with audiences usually with few exceptions.(Wreck it Ralph and angry birds) on top of that, it’s a video game film regarding a franchise that’s looked at usually as the butt of a joke. If anything, I’d expect the Dora movie to be the bigger family film money maker for paramount this year honestly. It already seems to be drawing people’s interest after that trailer.

2 hours ago, Dr Ryan said:

Of course they're expecting it to make money.

Yeah that goes without saying a company would expect their project they’re selling to make them money

Other movies come out and get promoted at Cinemacon: *official page doesn't make a post on Twitter about Cinemacon*

Fans: that's fine

Sonic gets promoted at Cinemacon: *official page doesn't make a post about Cinemacon*

Fans: suspicious