Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

12 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

If I try really hard to find something I can see something that makes me think of Eggman, but otherwise no. Looks more like a villain from those really cheesy live action kids movies I use to see commercials for all the time back in the day. I probably shouldn't have lazed around this morning and worked on my story blog because if the trailer is really dropping tomorrow...

Boy, I don't think I've experienced trepidation and anxiety about anything Sonic like this before. Usually it's pure excitement with a hint of pessimism but this film... Boy oh boy this film.

"I don't hate the look.

But if you told me it was Eggman I'd have to say 'that's not Eggman'"

That's basically all I can say, I've tried to articulate it numerous times but I honestly can't think of any other way to describe it.

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

"I don't hate the look.

But if you told me it was Eggman I'd have to say 'that's not Eggman'"

That's basically all I can say, I've tried to articulate it numerous times but I honestly can't think of any other way to describe it.

Well, all that's missing is his weight

18 minutes ago, Sonic Fan J said:

If I try really hard to find something I can see something that makes me think of Eggman, but otherwise no. Looks more like a villain from those really cheesy live action kids movies I use to see commercials for all the time back in the day.

Well yeah that's basically what this is.

Anyway it's...ok I guess. Not great but given the constraints of being live action and Jim Carrey it's...acceptable. Wouldn't have guessed it was Eggman if I didn't already know, but knowing it is...well I get a vaguely "Boom Eggman" vibe from it at least.

It clears the lowest bar, I guess.

Just now, PeterPancake said:

Well, all that's missing is his weight

...and the bald head, and the glasses, and the red nose, and the wild mustache, and the yellow accents on his clothes, and we don't even know what's going on below the chest yet...

13 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that he becomes more and more like the Eggman we know as the film goes on. 

That's typical origin story stuff...is not surprising.

As long as it's not too on the nose, whatever.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Well yeah that's basically what this is.

Anyway it's...ok I guess. Not great but given the constraints of being live action and Jim Carrey it's...acceptable. Wouldn't have guessed it was Eggman if I didn't already know, but knowing it is...well I get a vaguely "Boom Eggman" vibe from it at least.

It clears the lowest bar, I guess.

...and the bald head, and the glasses, and the red nose, and the wild mustache, and the yellow accents on his clothes, and we don't even know what's going on below the chest yet...

He has the goggles. They were never going to give him a cartoon nose. He becomes bald and fat by the end of the movie. It's a gradual transformation 

The suit? Ehhh it needs the yellow buttons & silver lining on his arms. But I just know Carrey is going to deliver a fun performance so I can overlook that.

Also there's rumors he's bald and fat towards the end of the movie.

I'm so excited! I gotta dig that Sonic shirt out of my closet and buy some popcorn!

Just now, PeterPancake said:

He has the goggles. They were never going to give him a cartoon nose. He becomes bald and fat by the end of the movie. It's a gradual transformation 

Goggles aren't glasses. I'm not asking for a giant cartoon honker but it would've been pretty trivial to redden his nose a bit. And until and unless there's a good reason to not have him be bald from the start I'm going to call it out as a bad choice.