Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

As weird as Sonic looks , I enjoyed that.

It’s Carrey back at it again and he’s EGGMAN.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Sweet Jesus. 

The only nice thing I can really outright say is the final scene with Eggman is perfect - but also that’s apparently just right at the end of the film, so we can’t even have that.

D5ZwXOMW4AASK-c.jpg

...and people thought Sonic’s lips on the Modern renders were bad. 

Thanks, I won't sleep

• Thumbs Up 7

Let's just say, my reaction upon seeing.. Sonic's face is similar to Tom's. Or, maybe just that one shot looks particularly bad.

Watched the trailer 6 times now, and it's a definite yes from me. 

1 minute ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

We have a poster-

tumblr_pqryl5UisO1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

That is beautiful! This film, while not 100% Sonic, has me excited.

• Thumbs Up 3

Good god! It's hell of alot worse then I expected.

Sonic looks so awful here. Oh man , oh man, the internet is going to eat this one up. Hahaha

• Thumbs Up 4

9 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

We have a poster-

tumblr_pqryl5UisO1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

THAT actually looks... Acceptable(?!). But seeing it in motion, my God it looks ugly as heck. Also, Carrey's Eggman sounding... Annoying...

• Thumbs Up 1

I love that poster, that looks great.
I liked the trailer. I still think "Gangster's paradise" is a weird low-energy choice for the main theme of the trailer, but other then that I like it. Jim Carrey's fun.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, it's not the worst thing in the world. Hell, I thought Jim Carrey's performance was pretty funny. And Sonic's design isn't too off-putting (though staring at that one screencap sorta ruins it).

I'll keep following the movie for now. I'm glad the anticipation is behind us.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

D5ZwXOMW4AASK-c.jpg

Well... That's certainly not the image I wanted stuck in my mind today.

I mean, Jesus! At least the concept artwork had some recognisable Sonic staples, like the side-mouth. This is just... UGH!

Jim Carrey at the very end looks alright, but otherwise I think this looks... painfully uninteresting at best.

I'll certainly be going to the cinema this December, but it ain't to watch this.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

He's so gross.

I don't even understand how they managed to make him look so gross. Like, he's legitimately visually repulsive. I thought I had actually started to get used to the design but no, seeing it in motion is so much worse.

Carrey's not quite nailing Eggman but he's at least bringing the level of energy and eccentricity I'd expect. He'll probably be the best part of the movie considering Sonic is an abomination and nobody else leaves any kind of impression so far. Still don't know why he looks like that for most of the movie when they actually came up with a pretty decent look for him in the last shot though.

Yeah this really is a ugly model for sonic, yesh.

At least Carry in the trailer looks good though, like the evil Peter Capaldi thing hes got going on

Twelfth_Doctor_(Doctor_Who).jpg

I was honestly grinning ear-to-ear every second Carrey was on screen! His costume(s) also aren't too bad either! More than likely he'll be this movie's saving grace.

(P.S. Sonic's face will definitely be in my nightmares...)

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing that new poster made me optimistic.  Then I watched the trailer, and crap; it’s unpleasant.  I don’t know why but the movie and poster handle his mouth differently; the movie far worse.  His body shape also looks bad in motion.

• Thumbs Up 2

While I can't say I'm surprised by what I'm seeing at this point, the animation of that bizarre body actually managed to lower my opinion further. I feel bad for any Sonic fan working on this nonsense.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • My Emmerdoods 1