Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

Yep, looked about as awful as I was expecting, but for different reasons.

Maybe it's just the fact that I was watching it on my phone, but the way Sonic moved was nowhere near high energy enough to convey a satisfying sense of speed, Carrey doesn't seem nearly as energetic enough to be entertaining and the way he carries himself seems downright annoying, even by children's TV standards, and Schwartz doesn't sound nearly as good as I had hoped.

• Thumbs Up 5

Watched again, yeah. This is not gonna grow on me. Sonic looks grotesque. If he at least looked a bit cute like Pikachu... My God the scene in the shack... I can't get it out of my brain.

• Thumbs Up 8

51 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

We have a poster-

tumblr_pqryl5UisO1udzlioo1_1280.jpg

That's a fucking cool poster. Very Speed Highway.

I LOVE IT!!

• Thumbs Up 3

7 minutes ago, Jango said:

I'm the only one who didn't found Jim Carrey's scene funny? He just sounded... Annoying. "Here's a bunch of fancy words and -SCIENCE STUFF-, you don't get it because you're DUMB! BOOO". 

Not funny at all... Felt forced.

Visually he looks nice at the end, but in the other scenes? That's just the Lazy Town guy playing Ace Ventura.

Yeah, Jim is hamming it up in the worst way possible. Heck, the writing is awful even Sonic's quip about running an amount of steps was just blah and the part with him in the bag wasn't even that funny IMO. It's like Pontac/Graff hijacked the script but even that sounds unfair for them too.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

Yep, looked about as awful as I was expecting, but for different reasons.

Maybe it's just the fact that I was watching it on my phone, but the way Sonic moved was nowhere near high energy enough to convey a satisfying sense of speed, Carrey doesn't seem nearly as energetic enough to be entertaining and the way he carries himself seems downright annoying, even by children's TV standards, and Schwartz doesn't sound nearly as good as I had hoped.

It actually is looking to be that this movie isn’t going to have Sonic just running fast; he seems to have some sort of electric power to manipulate time.

This is like mutant Sonic 06 mod as movie. I know it's gonna suck big. But that poster looks neat, it's my favorite piece from this movie. 

1 minute ago, Scritch the Cat said:

It actually is looking to be that this movie isn’t going to have Sonic just running fast; he seems to have some sort of electric power to manipulate time.

I think he's still going fast, he's just the flash. Where he goes fast he emmits electricity and he moves so fast he perceives things to be slow. And to be fair to the film , its how I perceive the higher speed characters to perceive reality in sonic

11 minutes ago, Demondeano18 said:

How anyone can actually defend this rendition of Sonic I do not know, film look's so bland and boring. It's been emotional lads, I'm outttttt! Peacccce!

imageproxy.php.jpg

That actually kinda reminds me of that fanmade live action Sonic movie poster from years ago

276026571_Whatifsonichadaliveactionmoviepleasedear_630a46_4585107.thumb.jpg.23fb401b350362182d23c7ee7b8913b6.jpg

I really like the design. Sonic looks like a really creature that has some anatomical rooting in really and that's what I've wanted. So I'm happy. I'm excited to see Tails, Knuckles and Amy. 

Ughhhh.... It is such garbage! It is almost EVERYTHING wrong that I expected could happen. It feels and looks like a random fan film made by a casual fan who only has played a few games & comics in their life that somehow got their grubby little hands on a high budget... Hell remember when I said yesterday at least they didn't dress Robotnik in all BLACK? Welp! seems they did that too at least for the beginning of the movie... I hate this pile of hedgehog dookie soOooo much... Sigh...

• Thumbs Up 4

I gonna call it: Eggman finds the Chaos Emeralds at the end of the movie (in that scene in the mushrooms forest).

On the model, I'm happy that they have dumped the dumb "we have to make it look like reality" a bit, and made some part less muscular, to look a bit more the actual silhouette of Sonic. Same for that they have made the face less "cartoony".

It's for now better than anything that I expected. Sonic is strangely cute (and I like how they portray him as some kind of "child"), and I like the idea of making him so smoll. The story seems to be okay, and I think that they can grow on me.

I'm a bit optimistic, now. Not to have a "great movie", but a fun Serie-B one.

I hate this so much, its just so creatively bankrupt. Carrey is playing the worst parts of his comedy. Design is disgusting. Jokes are hokey. Effects are meh. All I can say is it is a serious pass from me. One watch is enough.

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

I gonna call it: Eggman finds the Chaos Emeralds at the end of the movie (in that scene in the mushrooms forest).

It's not a chaos emerald! It's Sonic's hair!

Look! 
Edit: Ok images won't load, here's the tweet. Just click the Movie image and you'll see the hair.

How do you mess up Mushroom Hill!?

3 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

On the model, I'm happy that they have dumped the dumb "we have to make it look like reality" a bit, and made some part less muscular, to look a bit more the actual silhouette of Sonic. Same for that they have made the face less "cartoony".

It's for now better than anything that I expected. Sonic is strangely cute (and I like how they portray him as some kind of "child"), and I like the idea of making him so smoll. The story seems to be okay, and I think that they can grow on me.

I'm a bit optimistic, now. Not to have a "great move", but a fun Serie-B one.

They definitely toned down the muscles so that might make some happy. He kinda looks like a Who from the Grinch now. I think this is appealing in a wayIMG_20190430_084536.thumb.jpg.e5d95d569e35cdac6bb43eeb1e4efc11.jpg

There's a certain charm to him

• Thumbs Up 3

That's not Mushroom Hill, I refuse to call it like that. That can't be on Earth either. So it's Eggman either on Sonic's planet or... He shrunk himself (?!).

Also, man, if I saw that image of Eggman separated from the awfull trailer, I would actually get 0,00001% hopefull.

BY THE WAY. His goggles are... Glued to his face?! I don't see a stripe o.O

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, kimplix said:

Quite a bombshell on posters today. We got one coming from France

IMG_20190430_164452.jpg

Ah so NOW they give Sonic socks.

Well, better late than never. Shoes still look bland and nowhere near as iconic as his regular kicks but take victories when you can get them. Now give him his fucking gloves.