Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

The kid in me went nuts when the rings filled the Paramount logo and the Sega logo appeared.

Yes, Sonic looks incredibly weird. I can't defend the design anymore.

But I like the overall premise of the film and the action scenes look like a lot of fun.

Critics are going to destroy this, but I will be there day one with a big smile on my face.

Ok, I'm mixed here. Eggman and Sonic looks fine. I see that Eggman owned an truck.:

D5aSerUVUAA1wpK.jpg

If we are going to get an City Escape scene in the movie. I'm hoping he used it to chase Sonic down.:

Related image

Also, I'm not surprised that the trailer is already getting hundred of dislikes. 

3 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

The marketing is shit, the CGI is shit, the story is shit, the backgrounds are shit....

I feel sorry for Sonic fans.

We could get a pixar-style version with IDW-style stories but we got this instead.

Don't lie, who is GENIUNLY waiting to see it? I won't go see it, I'll wait for F- reviews while the Pokemon movie gets A+ reviews...

No way would we have gotten anything close to Pixar quality if the movie was animated. We'd get outdated pop culture references, minion equivalents, and a lame dance party at the end. 

You know there is only one thing I like about movie Sonic..... that electricity effect they got going, its very reminiscent of the flash.

Kind of like he has the speed force, I can dig that.

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

You know there is only one thing I like about movie Sonic..... that electricity effect they got going, its very reminiscent of the flash.

It has nothing to do with Sonic either.

Just now, Marcello said:

I honestly don't get why they went with such generic robots. Surely, more unique robots would sell more merch?

Yeah, it's Sonic! Make them colorful and animal-like. This movie will get 0% on Rotten Tomato

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

I honestly don't get why they went with such generic robots. Surely, more unique robots would sell more merch?

Actually it makes sense if this Robotnik is using Earth tech, perhaps it starts off more military style robots but as the film goes on they look more elaborate as the doctors mind starts to crack.

Just now, Tara said:

No, it probably won't, and I'm going to ask you to take a step back, calm down, and stop spamming the thread by repeating these same sentiments over and over.

Yeah I guess I'll slow down, I'm just witnessing that fans will once again get a disappointment...

Wow, Ace Ventura 3 is looking good!

Lol, Carrey's performance in the trailer is giving-off massive Ace Ventura vibes XP

Carrey's design seems okay (glad he eventually loses his hair). Also, Ben Schwartz sounds quite good as Sonic, not a million miles away from Ryan Drummond.

Sonic's design looks fucking terrible.

Oh and here's Jim's reaction:

I guess the movie might turn out to be okay...maybe

2 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Jim’s reaction has already been posted on here.

With the conversation moving at the speed it's going, there's bound to be some overlap in content posted.  If people start posting it like, every other post, then it will be a problem.

4 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Actually it makes sense if this Robotnik is using Earth tech, perhaps it starts off more military style robots but as the film goes on they look more elaborate as the doctors mind starts to crack. 

Yeah, but even in this trailer he's shown to be crazy and quirky and not care what the military says. They could've had him design his typical animal robots. They didn't even have to use the word Badnik, but it would've been at least nice to see more Eggman-esque robots.

I guess it's not surprising, though.

I actually don't have a problem with robotnik using drone technology. They are all the rage these days and an earth-centered villain would theoretically have that kind of tech available. It's probably really fitting especially if it moves closer to badniks as the movie goes along.

12 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

I didn't know Eggman teamed up with Galvatron.

Sounds like something he would do LOL

Edit did anyone else get satam vibes from those hover drones? That is a tiny Easter egg I guess

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Yeah, but even in this trailer he's shown to be crazy and quirky and not care what the military says. They could've had him design his typical animal robots. They didn't even have to use the word Badnik, but it would've been at least nice to see more Eggman-esque robots.

I guess it's not surprising, though.

Still to be fair its still a trailer and one can tell so much from a trailer.

Sure yes this movie is probably still going to blow more than a fireworks warehouse built on top of a nitro glycerine plant located just above a storage depo of nukes which is also on top of a supervolcano.... but hey that doesnt mean as the movie goes on the robots looks less like something the military would make and more something we are familiar with in the games.

Time to be a bit more detailed in criticism: Was there anything in this trailer other movies didn't do already, and better?

Visual: After the whole MCU, mindless CGI action is mindnumbingly boring and lost all 'wow' effect and it doesn't seem anything all that original either.

Faithfulness to source material and designs? Yeah, Detective Pikachu is gonna kick its ass in that aspect.

Plot: BOY OH BOY, ANOTHER GENERIC "GOVERNMENT/ARMY INVESTIGATING SOMETHING ALIEN", NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE! WITH ANOTHER SONIC + HUMAN BUDDY, HAVEN'T SEEN THAT ONE YET EITHER!

26 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

The marketing is shit, the CGI is shit, the story is shit, the backgrounds are shit....

I feel sorry for Sonic fans.

We could get a pixar-style version with IDW-style stories but we got this instead.

Don't lie, who is GENIUNLY waiting to see it? I won't go see it, I'll wait for F- reviews while the Pokemon movie gets A+ reviews...

Go throw your money at IDW comics, these are hard-working passionate artists and they could use some of your support instead of this soulless movie...

It's UNFAIR that the movie gets more attention than the comics

Is even Sonic Team's work better than this... indigestion?