Awoo.

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Badnik Mechanic

1 minute ago, CaptainRobo said:

Ok, I'm mixed here. Eggman and Sonic looks fine. I see that Eggman owned an truck.:

D5aSerUVUAA1wpK.jpg

I didn't know Eggman teamed up with Galvatron.

transformers-4-freightliner.jpg

• Way Past Cool 1

Just now, mayday2592 said:

No way would we have gotten anything close to Pixar quality if the movie was animated. We'd get outdated pop culture references, minion equivalents, and a lame dance party at the end. 

Still better than the Smurfs copy

• Thumbs Up 2

You know there is only one thing I like about movie Sonic..... that electricity effect they got going, its very reminiscent of the flash.

Kind of like he has the speed force, I can dig that.

I honestly don't get why they went with such generic robots. Surely, more unique robots would sell more merch?

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Promotion 1

1 minute ago, MadmanRB said:

You know there is only one thing I like about movie Sonic..... that electricity effect they got going, its very reminiscent of the flash.

It has nothing to do with Sonic either.

...Yeah I'm going to go out of my way to not see this. I'm not even going to watch this ironically. Fuck this movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Marcello said:

I honestly don't get why they went with such generic robots. Surely, more unique robots would sell more merch?

Yeah, it's Sonic! Make them colorful and animal-like. This movie will get 0% on Rotten Tomato

Just now, Marco9966 said:

This movie will get 0% on Rotten Tomato

No, it probably won't, and I'm going to ask you to take a step back, calm down, and stop spamming the thread by repeating these same sentiments over and over.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Actually it makes sense if this Robotnik is using Earth tech, perhaps it starts off more military style robots but as the film goes on they look more elaborate as the doctors mind starts to crack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Tara said:

No, it probably won't, and I'm going to ask you to take a step back, calm down, and stop spamming the thread by repeating these same sentiments over and over.

Yeah I guess I'll slow down, I'm just witnessing that fans will once again get a disappointment...

Wow, Ace Ventura 3 is looking good!

Lol, Carrey's performance in the trailer is giving-off massive Ace Ventura vibes XP

Carrey's design seems okay (glad he eventually loses his hair). Also, Ben Schwartz sounds quite good as Sonic, not a million miles away from Ryan Drummond.

Sonic's design looks fucking terrible.

Oh and here's Jim's reaction:

I guess the movie might turn out to be okay...maybe

You know what, I think that Robotnik here is supposed to be some sort of military person who ends up getting constantly bested by Sonic and devolves into insanity. Which actually sounds interesting. Hey, it's gonna probably be a better story than 06, so that's something.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Jim’s reaction has already been posted on here.

With the conversation moving at the speed it's going, there's bound to be some overlap in content posted.  If people start posting it like, every other post, then it will be a problem.

4 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

Actually it makes sense if this Robotnik is using Earth tech, perhaps it starts off more military style robots but as the film goes on they look more elaborate as the doctors mind starts to crack. 

Yeah, but even in this trailer he's shown to be crazy and quirky and not care what the military says. They could've had him design his typical animal robots. They didn't even have to use the word Badnik, but it would've been at least nice to see more Eggman-esque robots.

I guess it's not surprising, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually don't have a problem with robotnik using drone technology. They are all the rage these days and an earth-centered villain would theoretically have that kind of tech available. It's probably really fitting especially if it moves closer to badniks as the movie goes along.

12 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

I didn't know Eggman teamed up with Galvatron.

Sounds like something he would do LOL

Edit did anyone else get satam vibes from those hover drones? That is a tiny Easter egg I guess

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Yeah, but even in this trailer he's shown to be crazy and quirky and not care what the military says. They could've had him design his typical animal robots. They didn't even have to use the word Badnik, but it would've been at least nice to see more Eggman-esque robots.

I guess it's not surprising, though.

Still to be fair its still a trailer and one can tell so much from a trailer.

Sure yes this movie is probably still going to blow more than a fireworks warehouse built on top of a nitro glycerine plant located just above a storage depo of nukes which is also on top of a supervolcano.... but hey that doesnt mean as the movie goes on the robots looks less like something the military would make and more something we are familiar with in the games.

Time to be a bit more detailed in criticism: Was there anything in this trailer other movies didn't do already, and better?

Visual: After the whole MCU, mindless CGI action is mindnumbingly boring and lost all 'wow' effect and it doesn't seem anything all that original either.

Faithfulness to source material and designs? Yeah, Detective Pikachu is gonna kick its ass in that aspect.

Plot: BOY OH BOY, ANOTHER GENERIC "GOVERNMENT/ARMY INVESTIGATING SOMETHING ALIEN", NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE! WITH ANOTHER SONIC + HUMAN BUDDY, HAVEN'T SEEN THAT ONE YET EITHER!

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

The marketing is shit, the CGI is shit, the story is shit, the backgrounds are shit....

I feel sorry for Sonic fans.

We could get a pixar-style version with IDW-style stories but we got this instead.

Don't lie, who is GENIUNLY waiting to see it? I won't go see it, I'll wait for F- reviews while the Pokemon movie gets A+ reviews...

Go throw your money at IDW comics, these are hard-working passionate artists and they could use some of your support instead of this soulless movie...

It's UNFAIR that the movie gets more attention than the comics

Is even Sonic Team's work better than this... indigestion?

2 minutes ago, Tarnish said:

Time to be a bit more detailed in criticism: Was there anything in this trailer other movies didn't do already, and better?

Visual: After the whole MCU, mindless CGI action is mindnumbingly boring and lost all 'wow' effect and it doesn't seem anything all that original either.

Faithfulness to source material and designs? Yeah, Detective Pikachu is gonna kick its ass in that aspect.

Plot: BOY OH BOY, ANOTHER GENERIC "GOVERNMENT/ARMY INVESTIGATING SOMETHING ALIEN", NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE! WITH ANOTHER SONIC + HUMAN BUDDY, HAVEN'T SEEN THAT ONE YET EITHER!

No, MCU is great, it has character stories, it has actual WEIRD concepts and colorful spaceships machinery! Unlike this Sonic attempt at cashgrab

2 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Is even Sonic Team's work better than this... indigestion?

I'll say this, SONIC FORCES is better than this, even though Sonic Forces is the worst game Sonic Team made, it had style, it had colorful settings.

God, movie Sonic looks horrifying. The lips. THE TEETH. And them doing the mmmmarketing strategy of having Carey look like Carey for most of the film instead of Eggman because gotta have that actor recognition!

Then I look at Detective Pikachu, where Ryan Reynolds has top billing but. Looks like an actual freaking Pikachu.

See, that's the thing. Pikachu feels like a genuine passion project with heart and care put into respecting the source material and celebrating. Sonic looks like a board of executives got together and tried to make it as mmmmarketable as possible. It just feels so generic and uninspired.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Mega said:

See, that's the thing. Pikachu feels like a genuine passion project with heart and care put into respecting the source material and celebrating. Sonic looks like a board of executives got together and tried to make it as mmmmarketable as possible. It just feels so generic and uninspired.

We can see the passion in the Pikachu movie, it has many of the other Pokemon characters, something Sonic movie doesnt have.

I'll go watch Pikachu instead of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I'm gonna vote with my wallet here. I'll go see Pikachu opening night, but if I do watch the Sonic movie, it sure as heck won't be in theaters. :P

I just can't fathom HOW the movie was made like this. Especially in this modern era and juxtaposed with Pikachu.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, Mega said:

I wasn't on board with Detective Pikachu and still am not too fond of live action Pokémon designs.  But if this movie has done anything, it's helped me appreciate Detective Pikachu innumerable times more.  It may not be my cup of tea, but the kind of kind of care and attention to detail that went into it is clearly visible.

• Thumbs Up 5