Jump to content
Badnik Mechanic

Sonic Live Action Movie Thread (Read OP for topic rules) "Trailer 2 on Page 482)

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Reaction time = predicting what someone would do and when they'll do it...is all this means.

What? Thats not what reaction time means at all.

Reaction time is the measurable amount of time it takes for someone or something to take in input/information and turn it into an action. Anything based on prediction is the opposite of reaction.

 

Quote

Sonic got shot by a guy, let it be.

If people like me let it be, then future writers will try to get away with it.

Its not a problem with getting shot, its the manner in which it happens. Professor Zoom (Reverse Flash) gets his brains blown out in one of the DC animated movies - but it came from an unexpected angle and time, so it worked. Its not too much to ask for some creativity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

Even aside from the possibility that Sonic is still figuring out how to use his speed, it's not actually unreasonable for him to be caught by surprise and fail to use it. Sure, yes, he's apparently capable of moving/thinking so fast that it's as if time has stopped, but we see this in a situation where he's clearly aware that he's about to be attacked. Compare this to being caught unaware, and everyone starts screaming, and a dart gets fired without warning. He's not a flawless machine always picking the optimal choice, he's a trash rat with a superpower.

Since he's still figuring out his power, I can't wait for the scene where we learn that it's gonna be a throwaway character like Tom who gives him the 'Sonic' name.

Also, I could at least give the movie a few points for being self-aware if Tom said something like "You look something straight out from a shitty video game adaptaion movie!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Reaction time is the measurable amount of time it takes for someone or something to take in input/information and turn it into an action. Anything based on prediction is the opposite of reaction.

Sonic should've expected to get shot...even though he did nothing to warrant getting shot.

Sonic should not have expected to get shot...because he did nothing to warrant that.

Even if the guy was holding a weapon, most people only fire if provoked.

From what I see with this type of complaint is that Sonic should've predicted the guy would shoot and react accordingly. That's all it is.

Or should I use the word expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ruomarta said:

Not to say that he can't, but you do realize that international travel is EXTREMELY expensive, especially these days? And not to jinx his financial situation, but who knows what issue may come down the line for him.

Thank you for the understanding. It will be very costly but I think it’s something that needs to be done. I simply can’t wait u til January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Sonic should've expected to get shot...even though he did nothing to warrant getting shot.

Sonic should not have expected to get shot...because he did nothing to warrant that.

People get shot for trespassing all the time. Furthermore, this film takes place in the US. People get shot for far less round these parts.

F7848-no-trespassing.png

3 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

From what I see with this type of complaint is that Sonic should've predicted the guy would shoot and react accordingly. That's all it is.

Or should I use the word expect.

It has nothing to do with prediction. The sequence of events happened slowly enough that even a normal person would have had time to look up and decipher that the dude was holding a gun. Let alone someone with super speed.

With a gun pointed at his face (Tom didn't shoot on sight) and Sonic on his feet he didn't need to predict anything. He's fast enough to dodge gunfire at a standstill later in the movie. Its a joke to suggest he wouldn't have been prepared for a dart from a guy pointing a gun at him. He was staring right at it. He was ready for it. He knew what situation he was in. He could have bailed at any point in time. But he still got tagged.

Thats stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Legendary Emerald said:

Just for fun though, in addition to my example of Ghosbusters 2016,  I also remember the initial trailers for Paddington Bear being so disgusting and unfunny that I never could have imagined it being decent. To my and everyone else's surprise, it became a modern family film classic and got a sequel only a few years later. And I STILL haven't seen it, because the imagery in that trailer was so bad. Even if this Sonic movie did turn out to be a good family film, I probably wouldn't be able to bring myself to watch it for the same reason.

That is a terrible reason for not wanting to watch it. Whatever happened to don't judge a book by its cover? Has that phrase literally been thrown out the window?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DCFCSonic20 said:

That is a terrible reason for not wanting to watch it. Whatever happened to don't judge a book by its cover? Has that phrase literally been thrown out the window?

What are trailers for if not to sell people on your product? If you make your product look bad, then can you really blame people for not liking it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

What are trailers for if not to sell people on your product? If you make your product look bad, then can you really blame people for not liking it?

Maybe not, if said film is given praise by critics after what seems to be of an abomination of a trailer. It does seem to overrule the trailer as a marketing strategy. What if said trailer was bad because the marketing team had no idea how to put together an exciting trailer that made people want to go see it?

Bad marketing can easily make a product look bad, but that doesn't mean that said trailer can't be overturned by positive reviews from critics and the public alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I watched it, it was shit, boring, and most of the humor was forced feeling. Certainly was one of the least funny films of that year. If you’re seriously insinuating most who don’t like it never saw it or are bigots that hate women, I’m at a loss for words

I don't think it was a good movie either, but when a not-insignificant portion of the conversation surrounding it was "MUH FORCED DIVERSITY" and "FEMENSIM IS RUINING MOVIES" bullshit, you can't act like a lot of the negative reception wasn't from assholes arguing in bad faith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shaddy Zaphod said:

I don't think it was a good movie either, but when a not-insignificant portion of the conversation surrounding it was "MUH FORCED DIVERSITY" and "FEMENSIM IS RUINING MOVIES" bullshit, you can't act like a lot of the negative reception wasn't from assholes arguing in bad faith.

People just get automatically triggered when political correctness ruins their favourite childhood movies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DCFCSonic20 said:

Maybe not, if said film is given praise by critics after what seems to be of an abomination of a trailer. It does seem to overrule the trailer as a marketing strategy. What if said trailer was bad because the marketing team had no idea how to put together an exciting trailer that made people want to go see it?

Bad marketing can easily make a product look bad, but that doesn't mean that said trailer can't be overturned by positive reviews from critics and the public alike.

Then they should get a new marketing team and give us a trailer that doesn't make the movie look like shlock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shaddy Zaphod Yeah that’s great and all, I acknowledge there’s a large group of idiots like that, same as the groups that complain about diversity in marvel and star wars, but the film still was genuinely bad to a lot of people just on the films merits by itself, that’s my argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

If people like me let it be, then future writers will try to get away with it.

And they fucking should "get away with it", because it's not even a problem unless you go out of your way to make it one.

There'll be more than enough reasons to hate this movie without having to be this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DreamSaturn said:

Then they should get a new marketing team and give us a trailer that doesn't make the movie look like shlock.

A bad reaction to a trailer is better than no reaction at all. For all we know, that may be the marketing strategy to make people go see said film. 

Heck for all we know, that might be what Paramount is trying to do with the Sonic movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Alexios31 said:

Thank you for the understanding. It will be very costly but I think it’s something that needs to be done. I simply can’t wait u til January. 

You know, I actually quite admire your enthusiasm for this movie. This is coming from someone who bash the concept of this crapshow of a movie from the very beginning and who wants it to fail hard. I honestly hope you keep that enthusiasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DCFCSonic20 said:

A bad reaction to a trailer is better than no reaction at all. For all we know, that may be the marketing strategy to make people go see said film. 

Heck for all we know, that might be what Paramount is trying to do with the Sonic movie. 

Making your film look like garbage is a really bad way to make people want to see it.

Then again, plenty of people gave the Emoji Movie irony money so maybe bad movies are the way of the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

@Shaddy Zaphod Yeah that’s great and all, I acknowledge there’s a large group of idiots like that, same as the groups that complain about diversity in marvel and star wars, but the film still was genuinely bad to a lot of people just on the films merits by itself, that’s my argument. 

Well yeah, and so was The Last Jedi, a movie I thought was okay. The point is that the negative reception to these films pushing for diversity can totally be a product of issues with the movie, but that people complaining about them daring to be diverse is a group that doesn't seem to be getting smaller, and will always be worth taking into account as having partially tainted the results. Personal opinions on execution and detail are fine but I don't think those are what was being discussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This argument when applied to Sonic though is pretty weak and based on a guess, not a definite proof. Sure I can see the point made with “progressive” films, bigots and assholes are gonna in mass attack them, I get that, however the Sonic film isn’t from the look of it, looking to be “progressive” in any way. It just looks bad.  bringing it up in the first place just feels pointless since the two situations aren’t really comparable outside someone trying to use the ghostbusters film as a reason people MIGHT in mass be troll hating the movie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DreamSaturn said:

Making your film look like garbage is a really bad way to make people want to see it.

Then again, plenty of people gave the Emoji Movie irony money so maybe bad movies are the way of the future.

For some people, bad trailers used reverse psychology to make people go see it. 

I've seen plenty of people in the YouTube comments section saying they'll "go see the film to see how bad it is." Then maybe they'll be shocked when it actually turns out to be semi-decent or actually good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DCFCSonic20 said:

For some people, bad trailers used reverse psychology to make people go see it. 

I've seen plenty of people in the YouTube comments section saying they'll "go see the film to see how bad it is." Then maybe they'll be shocked when it actually turns out to be semi-decent or actually good.

Imagine how many people people they could get to want to see it if they actually made a good trailer that made the movie look good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DCFCSonic20 said:

A bad reaction to a trailer is better than no reaction at all. For all we know, that may be the marketing strategy to make people go see said film. 

Heck for all we know, that might be what Paramount is trying to do with the Sonic movie. 

10 minutes ago, DCFCSonic20 said:

For some people, bad trailers used reverse psychology to make people go see it. 

I've seen plenty of people in the YouTube comments section saying they'll "go see the film to see how bad it is." Then maybe they'll be shocked when it actually turns out to be semi-decent or actually good.

Sony tried that with Ghostbusters 2016, functionally weaponizing the atrocious response the trailer got with an extensive marketing campaign to essentially antagonize people into seeing it to see if it was really as bad as everyone was reacting to it. So assured that it would be a huge hit due to this brilliant plan that they wanted to turn it into a tentpole franchise and signed everyone involved to two sequel films.

They ended up taking a bath on it and have already  tried to erase it from existence like they did with the two different Spiderman franchises they had.

 

 

 

Paramount isn't spending the stupid money Sony spent on that movie, but 90 million is a lot more money then the developers of Goat Simulator had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.